Darren Potters Substitution/Reaction..

Guest Deleted member

Sorry but...

It is a total joke that we have FOUR coaches standing in the technical area throughout the game, and yet none of them realised that Potter was fine to continue when he was only standing 30 flipping yards away.

Why do we need the flipping goalkeeping coach getting mixed up in the technical area btw? What badges does he have which Irvine doesn't other than the fact that he used to be a keeper.

^^ this

I watched the whole incident unfold - Potter went down, the physio went to him and within 30 secs O'Connor was told to prepare to come on. It then became clear to everyone BUT the 4 goons in the technical area that Potter was fit to continue, and O'Connor was brought on - with Potter signalling furiously from 20 yards away that he was fine and about to rejoin the fray.

Too late - O'Connor joined the game and Potter was forced to walk back to the bench. He approached irvine to remonstrate, Irvine offered a handshake which Potter refused (he put his hand on his shoulder) then Potter approached the bench, furious. He took his shirt off and threw it at the bench, and then had a huge row with the physio.

Darren Potter was limping before the challenge which put him down and James O'Connor was already stripping off to replace him. Potter went down after a challenge and received treatment, when he came off the pitch for receiving treatment as the stupid rule states it was logical to replace him straight away rather than play on with ten men for a minute or two as the substitution was being made anyway.

When Darren came off the pitch he wasn't too happy about being substituted. He threw a bit of a strop, kicked a water bottle and voiced his frustration. This part I have no problem with as every player should want to play 90 minutes in my opinion if they have any passion. However, Potter then went on to take his shirt off and throw it on the floor, I said at the time that this would hardly endear him to any fans who saw this. In my opinion screwing a Wednesday shirt up and throwing it on the floor is the equivalent of burning our national flag.

Darren didn't get away with the incident, a very large executive box holder pulled him after he was presented with the man of the match award and explained a few facts of life to him about his actions. I don't think he will be throwing his shirt on the floor again in a hurry!

Darren didn't get away with the incident, a very large executive box holder pulled him after he was presented with the man of the match award and explained a few facts of life to him about his actions. I don't think he will be throwing his shirt on the floor again in a hurry!

he won the MOTM award? :huh:

i thought he was excellent today, but heff or THE RADIATOR would have got the vote ahead of him for me..

Also, did anyone see Coke asking Morrison if he could take the second penalty? Now that is well out of order. Could put the designated player off. Coke played well but don't do that again please Giles.

There was a good interview with Morrison on Radio Sheffield after the match, he was being quite jokey about that incident, so don't worry about it, I think they're pretty close mates from what he said on the radio and I know they talk a lot on Twitter.

Besides, Clinton made it abundantly clear during the interview that no one was going to take that ball away from him until he misses one :biggrin:

he won the MOTM award? :huh:

i thought he was excellent today, but heff or THE RADIATOR would have got the vote ahead of him for me..

There were three man of the match awards made by the various match day sponsors. They were won by Darren Potter, Giles Coke and Gary Teale.

I personally would have given it to either Daniel Jones or Paul Heffernan, Jermaine Johnson would have easily claimed it if he had played all game like he did for the last fifteen minutes!