Millwall sign Purse

Guest wewantsturrockback

i assume our "mutual consent" deal with purse revolves around us basically paying him next to nothing but allowing him to quit - as he is no joining milwall effectively for free? glad we got rid, he is useless and obviously theres some benefit for us getting A) rid and B) him off wages.

in any event, doubt another manager will put up with him long though when they realise how bad he is. I saw a post on 606 saying how Purse is a milwall fan and therefore probably give them 10% more than he has for other clubs - the problem is not DPs effort - far as im concerned I;ve never seen him play a game where he hasnt been committed, or tried - he is just rubbish, cant pass, cant tackle, cant read the game, no pace (appreciate hes getting on now) - those fans are in for a shock!

They have five centrebacks unavailable apparently. You'd think they're using Purse as a short term measure, not as a regular first teamer. They weren't wiling to sign him unless we paid him off first, doesn't suggest they cared that much.

I highly doubt that we paid him off, certainly not in full.

If he wasn't that bothered about leaving we would have kept him around the place for team morale, plus the stuff he did as club ambassador for the SCH, etc.

If he wanted to leave we'd have had some negotiating room to get out of his contract at very little cost, if any at all, especially if he already had another job lined up at Millwall.

in any event, doubt another manager will put up with him long though when they realise how bad he is. I saw a post on 606 saying how Purse is a milwall fan and therefore probably give them 10% more than he has for other clubs - the problem is not DPs effort - far as im concerned I;ve never seen him play a game where he hasnt been committed, or tried - he is just rubbish, cant pass, cant tackle, cant read the game, no pace (appreciate hes getting on now) - those fans are in for a shock!

That is exactly what it is. My patience lasted as long as it did for Purse because he give 100% every game. People say "yeah, but Bullen is a cult hero and was the same as Purse" - actually, Bullen still comes and watches Wednesday and has a lot of good things to say about us, and he wasn't costing us £8k a week!

Guest BoomTownOwls

If he plays like he did in the 2nd half of last season for them then he is a good signing for them.

It is a complete urban myth about how well Purse played for us in the second half of the season. When you analysed the goals conceded he was still a liability, he just didn't drop as many complete clangers.

Get stuck in, 100% commitment, don't drop clangers and that makes you a star to the average fan. Most fans don't even notice positional errors etc. For instance very few fans have blamed Chris Sedgwick for the first goal against Charlton despite him letting the goalscorer run straight past him.

Edited by BoomTownOwls

Guest wewantsturrockback

It is a complete urban myth about how well Purse played for us in the second half of the season. When you analysed the goals conceded he was still a liability, he just didn't drop as many complete clangers.

Get stuck in, 100% commitment, don't drop clangers and that makes you a star to the average fan. Most fans don't even notice positional errors etc. For instance very few fans have blamed Chris Sedgwick for the first goal against Charlton despite him letting the goalscorer run straight past him.

correct. although as i posted above, i dont think to be fair you can say purse ever didnt give 100% - its just he simply isnt very good. he would have to give 10,000% to be average :)