BACK THE BOSS !!

Milan is bringing in SIX new players

He is giving us something we havent had in a generation - a halfway injection to guarantee promotion

Milan has asked that in exchange the fans simply back the boss and put aside their doubts about Irvine till the end of the season

Alan must have seen the same things as us to be wanting six new players so...

Can you do it ?

Can you back the boss and get behind the team to give it a go and try to get promotion ?

Owlstalk Shop

I will back the team as i always do but it will take a massive run of consistant winning football where i can come home from the match actually recognising what it is we have been working on all week in training ( which is something i havent been able to in his reign so far) to convince me that Irvines the man for the job. I wont be holding my breath on that score.

Guest Distraught!

6 new players added to the already very strong squad and we should absolutely romp the second half of the season, even if we had Taffy Yorath at the helm

Should is a very interesting word.

With all the peace keepers and troops that have been sent to Iraq, Baghdad should be a very safe place to live.

Now that all the speed cameras have been fitted on the A61, road deaths should be reduced considerably.

Despite this being the best opportunity that the Poms have had in years to win an Ashes series in Australia, the Australian team should still be too strong at home.

"I will back the team as i always do but it will take a massive run of consistant winning football where i can come home from the match actually recognising what it is we have been working on all week in training ( which is something i havent been able to in his reign so far) to convince me that Irvines the man for the job. I wont be holding my breath on that score."

Absolutely spot on! On matchday I always give my support to the team and manager but from what I have seen irvine is not the man to take us forward. I would be delighted to eat my words and appreciate the circumstances he's worked under but in 12 months he's took us down when one game with a more adventurous ploicy would have kept us up. Then he;s signed 8 players and siad he would be happy with this squad in the division above. This is arrant nonsense, this squad (team) have been outplayed by smaller clubs with lower budgets and unknown players time and time again.

For me, play-offs is not good enough, my heart won't stand it!

Irvine is over 50 isn't he? What has he achieved ? He may work hard, but working "smart" is what we want.

Still, come matchday, I'll "BACK THE BOSS".

Guest starrydave

6 new players added to the already very strong squad and we should absolutely romp the second half of the season, even if we had Taffy Yorath at the helm

Purse, spurr, beevers, potter, joc and sedgewick. How is this 'already very strong' ?

Purse, spurr, beevers, potter, joc and sedgewick. How is this 'already very strong' ?

If Milan does what he says he is going to then these players will become second strings and I dont know a team in this division that would not like a bench with these on it. + Heffs. I'll give him a chance cus the players will still be there for a new manager later if it all goes wrong. And we would still have to find a new manager, people keep talking of managers but they are all in leagues higher than us so they wont be looking to take a drop in status. Give the man a chance!! I say

He is giving us something we havent had in a generation - a halfway injection to guarantee promotion

Milan has asked that in exchange the fans simply back the boss and put aside their doubts about Irvine till the end of the season

Can you do it ?

Can you back the boss and get behind the team to give it a go and try to get promotion ?

Personally yes. By going public in his support , this will hopefully filter down to the players and produce results. Irvine (love him or hate him) can't operate with uncertainty hanging over his head and this obvoiusly affects the players.

Lets put it this way. At the start of the season Irvine said that with the squad we have, a squad that in his words he would be happy with in the championship the aim was promotion hopefully automatic. If he is lucky enough (very lucky in my opinion) to be allowed to bring in 5 or 6 more players on top of this then the aim has to be the title and not the play offs. After such a spending spree we would definatley have the largest squad on the largest budget so there should be no more excuses.

Firstly I am not a fan of A I or his style of play but as you hear often enough, once the players step over the white line they have to accept a certain amount of responsibility.For me the main on field problem is a lack of leadership,this starts with the captain who IMHO has been a big let down since he arrived. I always thought of Purse as a tough no nonsense defender who could encourage the players around him, instead weve seen too many mistakes, too much head shaking and looking to pass the buck to team mates (namely Beevers). I dont think its any coincidence that Beevers form has dipped this season.

Obviously A I would not come out and say this of his captain but by bringing in the players he is, may be of the same opinion,likewise with a few others who up to now he has not had the chance to replace, I for one cant wait for the second half of the season and just hope Irvine can step up to the plate (as i am not a happy clapper:blush: )

Weaver

Semi Morrison Johnson(cpt) !!!!!!

Butt/Hately

Coke Palmer

Teale Mellor keogh

Irvine grates on me, I just can't get my head round the club being built from the bottom with him at the helm.... I don't agree with his philosophy and approach to the game, he's here making friends and ticking boxes... it drives me mad.

But negativety is all too common and it shouldnt sour the week when the chairman has endevoured to invest his cash into building our squad with the vision of ensuring promotion.

He's given the manager a substantial amount of money to bring in his targets, he's set the task, I'll now judge at the end of the season...

Alan,... no pressure.

Guest Deleted member

I will ALWAYS back the Boss from 3pm to 5pm on a Saturday afternoon. Always. Ive never booed an Owls player or Manager in all the years Ive been coming to Hillsborough - I see no reason to start now.

However that won't stop me moaning about the most boring, poo football I have ever witnessed as a fan in 40 years on here. Irvine is the only manager ever to put me to sleep watching Wednesday. He's done it twice now and I can't wait for him to collect his P45

Thank you Mr. Mandaric, thank you very much...!

Mr. Irvine, the sooner you realise that this job is not for you the sooner i will renew my ST.

I too have been mesmerised to sleep by your brand of sublime football.

Up the Owls, Milan's the man... Irvine isn't...!

Can you do it ?

I'm open to the idea, but time will tell.

Judging by what milan has said in papers, he wants younger players, to build a team for the future,

He's clearly come in and seen that the lack of youth and pace in the squad is part of the reason we keep getting over run, something Irvine may already have been aware of.

It's been taking us half an hour to get up the other end of the field, and about 70 minutes to have a shot sometimes this season.

If they get the type of players they're clearly looking for, young, energetic, and of course quality players, im confident things will improve and it might get a lot easier for people to back the boss.

For now, just going to keep going home and away, and look forward to an interesting January at S6 for a change, hopefully the start of a real promotion push.

UTO.