BACK THE BOSS !!

Guest Sheff Owl

For me he has no excuses now...he is improving the squad and he HAS to have to balls to drop certain players who are just not doing it, what is the point of bringing in new players if some are gonna sit on the bench and we have to keep watching the same poo .

I just hope in a few weeks Irvine is not gonna start using the 'players need time to settle in', 'players need time to gel'. There can be no excuses.

Guest CatBurt

This is the worry, do we sign quality midfielders then proceed with Potter and JOC?

Hopefully not, surely not.

He keeps playing Sedgewick FFS

Some of the replies in this thread only serve to comfirm what I've suspected for a long while

A significant minority of Wednesday fans will always find something to moan about.

We're near the top of the league, debt free, with 6 new signings on the way! but don't let that deter your crusade of misery against a manager who will clearly not be sacked this season.

If you can't be happy and optimistic now as a Wedensday fan, then you never, ever will be.

Shame that some people can't get out of their comfort zone of being a miserable moaning b*stard

Guest CatBurt

Thanks Lee,

There are rare but nonetheless occasional glimpses of usefulness from DP and JOC, but despite one average performance he continues with Segdewick. I don't hold out much hope of him dropping Purse for instance.

For me, Purse should have been dropped ages ago and Beevers paired with AN Other, i.e. Buxton or Spurr. I say or Spurr, because Buxton would have to come back at Right Back 'cos Semi is fukking hopeless.

Can anybody realistically see him dropping DP?

Fair play if he does and he will go up a bit in my book, but chasing the game at Uddersfield and what does he do... bring chuffin' Sedgewick on and the Heffernator with 3 mins to go...?

FFS

DFS

Morrison for DP straight away for me and let's see if 'manacles' Reda can shift one of the others.

Firmly believe Beevers will benefit from not having Captain ball-watcher next to him as will Spurr.

Only thing that will help next to Semi would be someone with an electric cattle prodder to wake the daft two-hat up.

Some of the replies in this thread only serve to comfirm what I've suspected for a long while

A significant minority of Wednesday fans will always find something to moan about.

We're near the top of the league, debt free, with 6 new signings on the way! but don't let that deter your crusade of misery against a manager who will clearly not be sacked this season.

If you can't be happy and optimistic now as a Wedensday fan, then you never, ever will be.

Shame that some people can't get out of their comfort zone of being a miserable moaning b*stard

Liverpool fans recently took to the streets to protest against the club.

Chelsea are apparantly in crisis.

A number of Manchester United fans formed their own club in response to the ownership of their club.

Football fans moan - thats what we do.

Thanks Lee,

There are rare but nonetheless occasional glimpses of usefulness from DP and JOC, but despite one average performance he continues with Segdewick. I don't hold out much hope of him dropping Purse for instance.

For me, Purse should have been dropped ages ago and Beevers paired with AN Other, i.e. Buxton or Spurr. I say or Spurr, because Buxton would have to come back at Right Back 'cos Semi is fukking hopeless.

Can anybody realistically see him dropping DP?

Fair play if he does and he will go up a bit in my book, but chasing the game at Uddersfield and what does he do... bring chuffin' Sedgewick on and the Heffernator with 3 mins to go...?

FFS

DFS

Morrison for DP straight away for me and let's see if 'manacles' Reda can shift one of the others.

Firmly believe Beevers will benefit from not having Captain ball-watcher next to him as will Spurr.

Only thing that will help next to Semi would be someone with an electric cattle prodder to wake the daft two-hat up.

You're welcome.

WIth regards to Purse, cant see him being dropped, in fact id be amazed if he was, although i would like to see it.

He's the captain, and will stay that way for the rest of the season, cant see Irvine dropping his captain.

I think a lot of us are optimistic, excited, whatever you want to call it this January.

However, a lot of people have had the " early season optimism " taken out of them so far this season.

Only some improved results and performances will change that.

I, like many others have been to every game but 1 this season, and havent seen much on the field to be optimistic about, its been dreadful at times.

But I for one am now very optimistic, or will be if we get a few more quality players in, however, some people will understandably be a little more difficult to convince.

Milan is bringing in SIX new players

He is giving us something we havent had in a generation - a halfway injection to guarantee promotion

Milan has asked that in exchange the fans simply back the boss and put aside their doubts about Irvine till the end of the season

Alan must have seen the same things as us to be wanting six new players so...

Can you do it ?

Can you back the boss and get behind the team to give it a go and try to get promotion ?

I think it is more than reasonable to give him a chance with a new intake of players that he has chosen and where we haven't merely gone for them because they are available and cheap. If Milan is prepared to back him then I feel it is the least we can do to give our backing to both of them.

I just hope that he has taken on board the wishes of the vast majority of fans, or customers as they should be recognised as. Wednesday fans want to see football played on the deck with 100% effort, good solid passionate defenders, tricky wingers with pace, wingers and full backs who can beat a man and cross a ball, midfield players who can run with the ball, pass, work hard and tackle and strikers with invention and ability who will chase lost causes. Mr Mandaric is doing his part in allowing such players to be bought, Alan Irvine now needs to get the players playing in a style that the fans want to watch and that also brings results and gets us out of this division.

Provide this type of end product and the fans will come flooding back and provide the momentum we desperately need, there is no doubt of that.

The economic climate and weather is wiping the smile off of many people's faces in Sheffield, Mr Irvine has a fantastic opportunity to put these smiles back and allow lots of people to dream their way through a bad period, please don't let us down Alan.

I must say it is great being a Wednesday fan again, I am actually starting to feel very optimistic about our future.

No matter who the manager is, what the results are, i'll always back the boss and back the team because that's what a fan's job is! So many times over the past years when we've been playing poorly, its been the fans getting behind the players that have spurred them on and injected life into them! We are fantastic fans! we are super wednesday!!!

UTO!!!!

That is all

Think it has been said by a few, but I will always back my team when they're playing, regardless of who is managing.

However, I'm not going to buy into the "Lets give Irvine another chance because we've signed 6 new players" mentality.

I find such logic slightly odd, and it would be hypocritical of me to suddenly declare my 100% support for the guy.

For one I think he is very lucky to have a job - he's underperformed this season, badly in my opinion.

Yet he is clearly going to be here for a little bit longer and the next couple of months will see him sink or swim.

Ultimately, like every Wednesday fan, I wan't to see promotion, so I'll back him in that sense, though I still remain convinced that he is a mediocre coach trying to be a football manager.

EXACTLY !! 100 % correct. Why dont the moaning b*stards start their own forum. Could call it "Depressive miserable moaning b*stard whingerstalk"