GO, OR STAY

To be fair all his signings so far have been pretty decent.

Everyone was well impressed we managed to sign mellor, morrison, heffernan, teal etc in the closed season.

Coke has been a cracking signing as well

And been surprised as to how bloody good he is.

Jones and Otesy have something about them.

He just couldn't afford a C/H.

Decent signings, and i don't think he would have signed purse if given the chance........

I'd just wish he would loosen the tactical side and let our squad play !

Weaver and Coke have been outstanding - the rest have been/are 'meh' at best.

Mellor looks fat and disinterested.

Morrison looks flimsy and annoyed all the time.

Jones is gash at defending - OK going forward.

Otsi - see above.

Heffernan - who knows, he's had about 20 minutes all season, despite the other 'strikers' being awful at times.

Each and every player is playing in either the wrong position, or in a system/style that doesn't suit their play - lumping it at Morrison for example......

Forgot to mention the horribly poor Sedgewick, or disapointing Teale - although in fairness Teale has improved a little in the last few games, on the wrong wing I hasten to add.

Edited by royalowlisback

Guest chris_owl

i can't believe people seriously want hm to go?

Yes - he is a defence first type of coach. But its working. Second best defence in league.

I thought we were passing it around nicely yesterday until the boo boys got going so the players started lumping it forward.

Everyone in the game seems to rate Irvine really highly and whilst i'd like a few more goals and still pretty happy.

Remeber wen turner was in charge in this league. Teams came to hillsborough and put everyone behind the ball and we lost. Was it 16th that year or lower?

I'd take 5th over that.

Guest We'll be back

What's strange is where 5th, and yet still want him to go. Give him some money and he'll sign some class players.

Look at the ones he got on a free, once they come to life we will certainly be pushing for the top 2.

But... we already are pushing for the top 2...

Guest East_Dene_Owl

What's strange is where 5th, and yet still want him to go. Give him some money and he'll sign some class players.

Look at the ones he got on a free, once they come to life we will certainly be pushing for the top 2.

As above ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Stay!!!!

For Now!!! :biggrin:

If the finances allow us then for the sake of the club and our sanity he has to go.

I think it was a positive thinking appointment, and he seemingly had the credentials to really help take us forward.

Fast forward 9 months and we're now arguably playing even worse than we were under Laws, in a lower division with supposedly better players. I've lost all trust in his tactical ability and his team selections.

If the takeover goes ahead, a 100% change at boardroom and managerial level can only be beneficial.

If he stopped playing 'Fear Football' he can stay.....and a replacement must be someone who can inspire and get players working above what they think they are capable of and attract players to S6 who would come because of the managers reputation....any other mediocre, unimaginative appointment would just mean more of the same.

If he stopped playing 'Fear Football' he can stay.....and a replacement must be someone who can inspire and get players working above what they think they are capable of and attract players to S6 who would come because of the managers reputation....any other mediocre, unimaginative appointment would just mean more of the same.

To be fair to Irvine, his reputation managed to pull in a few players who we were all very happy with in the summer, Mellor, Morrison, Teale, even Sedgwick.

but if we had lost yesterday, which could very easily have happened, we would have been 16th, lose two in row again and we are in a relegation fight, we should be running away with league not hoping for lucky wins to stay in a play off place

easy answer GO

Edited by the third man

I'd just wish he would loosen the tactical side and let our squad play !

Sums it up for me, the players look frightened to death all the time, and do not feel free to just play football. Waddle made some telling points on football focus about players in his day larking about in the dressing room and just being relaxed and enjoying playing football. The squad at the moment are much less than the sum of the individual parts, and I feel Irvine has to take the blame for this. Learn fast AI, loosen up and let the players express themslves, especially at home for gods sake, or Go

Won 8 of his 15 games in all competitions this season.

5th in the League, conceded the 2nd fewest amount of goals in the League so far.

But yeah, go - keep the door revolving.

Yes the football isn't great at the moment, but we're winning games - thats all I care about at the moment.

I agree with this, i say give him more time, i dont want new managers all the time, i thought we had got away from that, we need stability. I also think Alan Irvine works very hard and deserves time to prove himself. Give him a chance and get behind the team.

We cant keep sacking managers ffs!!!