GO, OR STAY

STAY

second this, no reservations ! Irvine not even at day one yet the clock starts again with the new set of circumstances. Not a lot of money required for stage one though which is promotion this season. The big job is when we're back in Championship, If he is to go that would be the time. However, if we're back in Championsip who would want him to go......

I say wait and see if 1) Jermain Johnson and/or 2) one or two loan acquisitions , under new circumstances make a difference.

Patience Please !

I think go regardless of investment.

Don't trust him with money to spend, especially on the back of what the Preston fans on here have said.

All those sleepless nights wondering where the investment was ! All those criticisms of the three stooges for taking us backwards financially !

Now given the choice the first thing to do is waste more money...What when the new manager fails to win any of his first 4 games ? Pay him off too !

Come on man, give him a chance, the team he has put together has been done under severe budget restrictions, do you think Irvine does n't know where the problems are ? give him time he'll get it right !

Regards.

All those sleepless nights wondering where the investment was ! All those criticisms of the three stooges for taking us backwards financially !

Now given the choice the first thing to do is waste more money...What when the new manager fails to win any of his first 4 games ? Pay him off too !

Come on man, give him a chance, the team he has put together has been done under severe budget restrictions, do you think Irvine does n't know where the problems are ? give him time he'll get it right !

Regards.

I've given him a chance he's relegated us, assembled a team with apparently the second highest wage budget, and plays some of the most negative drab football I've ever seen.

I'd rather spend money getting rid of him and appointing a manager that can motivate and inspire good football, the players we have are more than capable.

Guest Sheff Owl

As i said in a previous thread -

Players in incorrect positions

Sticking with the same players every week no matter how they play

The players on the bench can't get a chance (they must be getting pissed off)

He has wiped them of creativity and pace

We are like robots, they need freedom to play

The 2 CM players that helped relegate are still being picked together

Tommy MIller is a CM not a flipping right/left winger.

Tudgay has played well yes but sometimes you have to have the balls to take him off if he is not performing.

Heffernan must have done something really bad.

Players cant get consistency because Irvine plays them one game then they are dropped even if they have had a good game for the 'favourites'.

I totally understand your point, the question I would ask before getting rid is:

The performances: is the negative style of football down to Irvine's ingrained way of tackling games despite the players he has available, or down to the players he has available (of which 5 or so in the team are HIS players).

In my opinion, aside from the excellent 20 mins v Notts Co in the JPT, the performances at very best have been ok, but in the main they've been way under par - I feel he doesn't know his best team, making 5 changes here and 6 there, our consistent performers of a couple of seasons ago (Spurr & Tudders) look like they are really lacking in self confidence and belief ( whether that be in themselves or the tactics) and that for me is a managers job to sort!

I'd be inclined to say GO, but again, with some money at his disposal and his contacts, I feel he could turn a corner!

I'd rather not go with the upheaval of sacking, and the financial downside that inevitably goes with it, just at a time where financial stability is key to our future!

I'm absolutely torn!

Regards.

Pointless, results and Investors will decide not us !!!

NO NOT NECESSARILY SO, it might be attendances...or, rather lack of them...we are in the run up to chrissy, traditional time for low crowds, dross on the field,...16,000....sub 15,000...luckily we have some bigger games coming up, but bigger games will mean better opposition than mighty Real Orient...trade attendances for points???...if we see a drop off in league position coupled by the on field dross, by chrissy, i think the attendances may will seal irvine's fate...

Edited by dnhc