GO, OR STAY

After seeing that he is scared of playing "a very good Hartlepool team" at home, in the 'one coat matt emulsion' cup...... I'd like to see him replaced with someone who has faith in his own players and let's the opposition worry about us for a change....

Guest clumber58

After seeing that he is scared of playing "a very good Hartlepool team" at home, in the 'one coat matt emulsion' cup...... I'd like to see him replaced with someone who has faith in his own players and let's the opposition worry about us for a change....

To be fair Wednesday only managed to beat "a very good Hartlepool team" FIVE - NIL at their place 5 or 6 weeks ago!

Guest sheff_wed_fanatic

We are in League One for a reason because last season we were absolutely poor! Just because we're a "big club" doesn't give us the god-given right to beat smaller teams in our league, and the sooner Irvine's critics realise this, and the fact that it will take SEVERAL YEARS to get the club into a healthy position, the better!

Guest Sheff Owl

We are in League One for a reason because last season we were absolutely poor! Just because we're a "big club" doesn't give us the god-given right to beat smaller teams in our league, and the sooner Irvine's critics realise this, and the fact that it will take SEVERAL YEARS to get the club into a healthy position, the better!

Nobody has said we have the 'god-given right' to beat smaller teams...what people are saying is when 'smaller' teams ie Leyton Orient come to Hillsbrough is it right that we need to play negative or in the second half play a 5 man Midfield? are Leyton Orient that good we need to do that?

Are Leyton Orient such a good team we needed to play in such a negative way that we hardly create anything?

Some of the teams are gonna come to Hillsbrough with 10 men behind the ball and go for the draw and it's our job to attack and break them down can we do that when we are playing negative?

Guest Triplej2

Still he's going to stay for the time being, I like how some people who want Alan out have a problem in booing our players, but they have no problem in calling for the managers head. As for ripping tams apart as some of you have suggested, don't have a go at me for being realistic when it seems that some of you have empty space between your ears.

Facts are; we're in league one and we're poo poo so the sooner people realize this and actually stop trying to get the WRONG PEOPLE out of the job the better.

It takes a leader of men to create and sustain a good team.

Most of the players are plenty good enough to be at the top of this league but they need a leader to whip them into shape. They don't have that, they have a wishy washy defence minded dour scot with no charisma.

For me, the "Wrong people" is Alan Irvine, and i mean wrong as in sh*te.

Guest Triplej2

Second highest budget, bookies 2nd favourite before a ball was kicked. This "several years" thing is just wrong, we could and should be playing championship football next season.

Guest Darkus Owlus

It takes a leader of men to create and sustain a good team.

Most of the players are plenty good enough to be at the top of this league but they need a leader to whip them into shape. They don't have that, they have a wishy washy defence minded dour scot with no charisma.

For me, the "Wrong people" is Alan Irvine, and i mean wrong as in sh*te.

Couldn't agree more.

We easily beat Peterborough last season with a weaker team - yet this season we'd struggle as the Irvine negativity tactics start to come to full fruition.

Get it on the floor, pass, move, shoot and we'd be kicking the poo poo out of most teams. Our goal attempts as they stand and reflective of what Irvine tells our players to do, keep it tight, don't conceed, try to nick it. Fcvking digusting and embarrasing 'football'.

Guest No.5 is Hugh Dowd

Go. We need a manager and support staff that can motivate, on the training ground, in the dressing room and on the pitch. Always wanted Gary Johnson, or Warnock.

WHAT?????????

It's you who should GO, Colin is a filthy pig....don't want him even near mecca

AI ............................. Stay.................................as a coach

Guest sheff_wed_fanatic

Second highest budget, bookies 2nd favourite before a ball was kicked. This "several years" thing is just wrong, we could and should be playing championship football next season.

The bookies don't play football matches, they make odds! And as for budgets, ours isn't exactly powerful enough to buy a great player or two is it? And I agree with the Championship football thing, but people will still be moaning if we're in a relegation battle next season (which is quite likely) if we do get promoted.

Guest Darkus Owlus

get shut now why wait he's shocking, got all the tools in the box but he's no idea how to use them, useless tw@t

You can se it happening though, Irvine getting the boot, new manager comes in with a positive approach and BOOM results and goals stream in.

I'm convinced any average/above average positive manager would get HMS wee wee the League doing 50 knots.

Guest Triplej2

You can se it happening though, Irvine getting the boot, new manager comes in with a positive approach and BOOM results and goals stream in.

I'm convinced any average/above average positive manager would get HMS wee wee the League doing 50 knots.

I honestly would love O'Driscoll

Guest Sheff Owl

Negative/Defensive against Man Utd, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Barcelona can understand it...

Negative/Defensive against the likes of Leyton Orient, Exeter, Oldham is just strange...

Guest Triplej2

Irvine was sh*tting himself just sat in the dressing room with waddle, he couldn't even stand up and shake that Dan's hand without looking nervous.

Guest Sheff Owl

Irvine was sh*tting himself just sat in the dressing room with waddle, he couldn't even stand up and shake that Dan's hand without looking nervous.

I mentioned about that in another thread last week that when Waddle was talking about team spirit in the dressing room and playing games and the players challenging each other with silly games Irvine was just sat there no emotion on his face, no expression - just kept looking towards the floor.

I really do worry what actually goes on in the changing room, i bet they just sit there listening to Irvine over complicating everything.

Guest scott_andrew_william

Well he can hardly win can he? A good performance and a win, you guys will just say it's a one off, a bad performance and a WIN... suddenly it's the end of the world. Every team we play against has 10 men behind the ball, they will just play for a draw, the players we have aren't good enough to walk past sides. As for bookies, and being the one of the favorites means nothing. Plus decent players won't come to league 1.

Guest Triplej2

I mentioned about that in another thread last week that when Waddle was talking about team spirit in the dressing room and playing games and the players challenging each other with silly games Irvine was just sat there no emotion on his face, no expression - just kept looking towards the floor.

I really do worry what actually goes on in the changing room, i bet they just sit there listening to Irvine over complicating everything.

There's very little team spirit, not the right sort anyway. It shows everytime a pass goes astray. They're an awkward bunch and only look happy at times like the Chezzy penalty shoot out.

Guest Triplej2

Well he can hardly win can he? A good performance and a win, you guys will just say it's a one off, a bad performance and a WIN... suddenly it's the end of the world. Every team we play against has 10 men behind the ball, they will just play for a draw, the players we have aren't good enough to walk past sides. As for bookies, and being the one of the favorites means nothing. Plus decent players won't come to league 1.

We've been out-footballed by most teams we've played this season. I don't buy this 10 men behind the ball stuff.

Guest Sheff Owl

If they play with 10 men behind the ball then why do we play negative against that?