GO, OR STAY

He is the worst manager in our history.

So far he has relegated us, followed by being pumped by the likes of Brentford in League 1.

He represents everything I dislike about football - shut down the opposition, play it long, keep it tight.

The fact remains that in all competitions we have scored more than twice in a match under this manager a grand total of ONCE.

GO

To be fair to Irvine, his reputation managed to pull in a few players who we were all very happy with in the summer, Mellor, Morrison, Teale, even Sedgwick.

Money...and I'm happy with the players...

Edited by Freshfish

Guest Darkus Owlus

Won 8 of his 15 games in all competitions this season.

5th in the League, conceded the 2nd fewest amount of goals in the League so far.

But yeah, go - keep the door revolving.

Yes the football isn't great at the moment, but we're winning games - thats all I care about at the moment.

Sorry mate but that's complete testicles.

Were you saying "we're winning games" when we lost four on the spin?

These points are fairly big ones imo and you can contest them if you want:

- The teams we've just beat (norrowly) were poo poo!

-The general play is still full of schoolboy errors that will get punished by better teams, hence the bad run we went on.

-The players probably don't believe in Irvine, the majority of the fanbase doesn't appear to.

-There is no way on gods green earth Irvine will get us playing better or change he personal prefered style.

-No half decent manager would lose 4 on the spin with what's quite an awesome squad for League 1.

We're doing wellish - playing poo , it makes you wonder what the roger position we'd be in had we just played about mediocrity never mind at the top of our game.

I feel so strongly about Irvine leaving that I'm utterly convinced someone could come in, install confidence, inspire, lead and get us playing on the floor - we'd be Champions.

Players like Clinton Morisson, Darren Purse, Sedgwick, Potter, O'Connor and Teale don't become turd because they pull on the SWFC shirt, it's because they're being told to play an ugly style that the players probably don't have enthusiasm for.

With Irvine gone, we'd not be giving the ball away, lumping it upfield, defending desperately against flipping Orient. We'd be beating two living shits out of them.

Edited by Darkus Owlus

He is the worst manager in our history.

So far he has relegated us, followed by being pumped by the likes of Brentford in League 1.

He represents everything I dislike about football - shut down the opposition, play it long, keep it tight.

The fact remains that in all competitions we have scored more than twice in a match under this manager a grand total of ONCE.

GO

Agree 100%.

It's a huge shame, but it's fact, and no room for sentiment.

Irvines football is the most dour and negative I can remember in my lifetime as an Owl, and whilst he had a an excuse in the Championship, he has no excuse in this division.

We have a great squad, and he seems determined to keep them in shackles.

It's a Go I'm afraid.

Sorry mate but that's complete testicles.

Were you saying "we're winning games" when we lost four on the spin?

These points are fairly big ones imo and you can contest them if you want:

- The teams we've just beat (norrowly) were poo poo!

-The general play is still full of schoolboy errors that will get punished by better teams, hence the bad run we went on.

-The players probably don't believe in Irvine, the majority of the fanbase doesn't appear to.

-There is no way on gods green earth Irvine will get us playing better or change he personal prefered style.

-No half decent manager would lose 4 on the spin with what's quite an awesome squad for League 1.

We're doing wellish - playing poo , it makes you wonder what the roger position we'd be in had we just played about mediocrity never mind at the top of our game.

I feel so strongly about Irvine leaving that I'm utterly convinced someone could come in, install confidence, inspire, lead and get us playing on the floor - we'd be Champions.

Players like Clinton Morisson, Darren Purse, Sedgwick, Potter, O'Connor and Teale don't become turd because they pull on the SWFC shirt, it's because they're being told to play an ugly style that the players probably don't have enthusiasm for.

With Irvine gone, we'd not be giving the ball away, lumping it upfield, defending desperately against flipping Orient. We'd be beating two living shits out of them.

Thats your view and fair enough, but apart from the first point all the rest are sceptical and "what if's".

Firstly I'm not exactly backing Irvine, I'm as pissed at some of his decisions and his football as much as most. But we are winning games, however narrowly they are, but you've only got to look at Leeds to see how tough this Division is to get out of, I don't buy into the theory that we should be battering every team week in week out. Thats just arrogance and adds more pressure to the fact that we should be getting promoted at the first time of asking anyway, although there is no doubt we should go up.

If players didn't believe in Irvine I think it would have been much more difficult to overcome the slump that we had in Irvine.

I'm not going to go on and back Irvine to the hilt, I fully understand why some people want him gone, I can see it myself.

But sacking yet another Manager when we're 5th in the League currently and won 8 of 15 games is totally pointless. If we don't improve and start to struggle for the top 6 then it may be the right time for him to go, but for now its going to unsettle this Club even further.

Stay

Maybe the style will improve as Brian Laws players start to leave/get injured/go out on loan/retire etc.

It is still 75% Laws team dont forget. Will be interesting to see if Irvine gets some money and what he does with it.

I think we are doing well considering the above.

Rome built in a day n all that.

how can it still be laws side AI brought in 9 players in the summer it's the fact that he doesn't know his best side so he sticks with the players he knows and then tries to acomadate other players by playing them out of position. for me miller is the best cm in this division but yet he can't get a sniff in his proper position when the likes of potter is just unaffective

Same here. I rumbleing hate it.

Tbh I've never disliked a manager so much. I'm sure he's a nice fella but it's that bad I can't take much more of it.

Has to Go!

But his replacement must not come from the same pool as the likes of Yorath, Turner, Laws, Wilson and Irvine. If the money is there for once, lets have a name from the same pool as a Charlton and Atkinson.

I've given him a chance he's relegated us, assembled a team with apparently the second highest wage budget, and plays some of the most negative drab football I've ever seen.

I'd rather spend money getting rid of him and appointing a manager that can motivate and inspire good football, the players we have are more than capable.

This.

At the moment we seem to own a Ferrari but can only drive it on roads with a 30mph limit!!

Release the shackles!!!!

i never wanted irvine in the first place but i thought give him a chance.

the football last season was awful but i put that down to being laws team not his own. he made some good signings but does not seem to know how to play them together as a team. the football has not improved in the slighest since he arrived, if anything it has got worse and people are voting with their feet by staying away.

he has to go.

Brilliant idea lets have another manager paid off again and then get yet another manager who wants to start again with his own team because that's not happened too much in the last 10 years has it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

agree with what you are saying but i think he needs to go for the good of the club as attendances are going down and down and if he does get us up does anyone think he will do a good job? he had preston near the bottom of the league come to us got us relegated when we should have stayed up and at the moment can't get the team going which should really be top and starting to pull away.

Guest madforitowl

Got to go and i have to laugh at the ones saying give him more time as they are sick of it being a revolving door. So ok lets stick with a poor manager just for the sake of not sacking another.

The man is clueless who is driving fans away with his style of football

Guest mrbluesky

He`s got to go if he ain't got across by now what he wants the players to do then I'm afraid he never will, the players don't know what there supposed to be doing half the time, they look shapeless unconvincing get opened up very easily in ALL areas(on a regular basis). WE HAVE A BETTER SQUAD THAN IVE SEEN IN A GOOD FEW YEARS yet Irvine cant get them going look at Saturday all you need to know is there.

Lets sack him then because all the other managers who have not taken us anywhere in recent years have all been bad managers had had no success elsewhere. If we could sack him and get a manager who is going to get us back to the premiership then great but not sure that is going to happen. We simply can't have had that many bad managers over the years I believe that the moaners are a major fact in our under achieving and the players have always been scared to play at home and yes we have had some shocking players and I can't say that Irvine is my favourite but whoever is playing or managing us will get my support whilst they manage or play for Wednesday.

Got to go and i have to laugh at the ones saying give him more time as they are sick of it being a revolving door. So ok lets stick with a poor manager just for the sake of not sacking another.

The man is clueless who is driving fans away with his style of football

in all honesty his football's like the dentists drill...whilst you're there suffering it, even if at the moment it's not painful, you know it will be very soon... :mellow::blink::ohmy: :st2: :mad: