Chris Turner resigns

20 odd posts in five years. Not bad that. :biggrin:

Fair play fella,

I didn't sign up until ages after I had first started reading posts. Only did it originally because you needed a log in to look at certain posts.

400,000 posts or 10 - opinions are all the same mate.

Guest jimmyallen

Fair play fella,

I didn't sign up until ages after I had first started reading posts. Only did it originally because you needed a log in to look at certain posts.

400,000 posts or 10 - opinions are all the same mate.

No worries mate. Gettin more info as day goes along. If the CE of Hartlepool resigns then this may be it.

CHRIS TURNER has resigned as director of sport at Hartlepool United.

Turner, who has effectively been operating as the club's manager, is believed to have become frustrated and disappointed with the lack of transfer activity at Victoria Park this summer.

And now, after weeks of uncertainty surrounding the club, he has acted to quit from his post, leaving first team coach Mick Wadsworth in temporary charge.

Turner has been in charge of team affairs since Danny Wilson's departure in December 2008 before adding 12 new players last summer, but now he has brought his second spell in charge of the club to an end.

Hartlepool has been the subject of constant takeover talk all summer and the saga is understood to have played a part in his decision to walk away.

Chief Executive Russ Green is believed to have quit before Turner's exit.

Pools chairman Ken Hodcroft is yet to make a comment, but he has appointed Wadsworth in charge for this Saturday's trip to Yeovil Town.

So is it today Jimmy?

Edited by Skeggy Owl

Guest jimmyallen

CHRIS TURNER has resigned as director of sport at Hartlepool United.

Turner, who has effectively been operating as the club's manager, is believed to have become frustrated and disappointed with the lack of transfer activity at Victoria Park this summer.

And now, after weeks of uncertainty surrounding the club, he has acted to quit from his post, leaving first team coach Mick Wadsworth in temporary charge.

Turner has been in charge of team affairs since Danny Wilson's departure in December 2008 before adding 12 new players last summer, but now he has brought his second spell in charge of the club to an end.

Hartlepool has been the subject of constant takeover talk all summer and the saga is understood to have played a part in his decision to walk away.

Chief Executive Russ Green is believed to have quit before Turner's exit.

Pools chairman Ken Hodcroft is yet to make a comment, but he has appointed Wadsworth in charge for this Saturday's trip to Yeovil Town.

So is it today Jimmy?

Seriously don't know mate. But everything i have been told is happening very quickly. UTO

Edited by jimmyallen

Chris Turner is a good man. It was right person but wrong time. Once again SWFC politics were to blame.

Dave Allen said he was the best person he had ever interviewed........................then said (after he had sacked him) that he didnt want him as manager!!!!!

Out of all our recent managers, Turner was the man I most wanted to succeed. Due to him being an ex player and local lad. And he also found us some gems...............as well as some duds!!!!!

Guest Ogsowl

Wasn't there some Norwegian Oil money in there somewhere? And not forgetting our American friends of course! We're edging dangerously close to the magical 6 parties NP mentioned! :blink:

There's Bills' Swiss people too!!:biggrin: ................................. <ducks>