Chris Turner resigns

Guest jimmyallen

Dont want to jinx anything at this stage but lets just say this story is the real deal this time. I'm not really one for all the bullshit but lets just say last time Turner was appointed manager i knew a week in advance of it being announced. Money coming from Abu Dabi. UTO.

Guest jimmyallen

I can't remember the thread, but I'm sure someone said that someone had been looking at Hartlepool, but then realised they could get us for the same money.

And Turner hasn't definitely been mentioned once or twice by someone who was quite insistant he was part of a bid.

Nail on Head

Dont want to jinx anything at this stage but lets just say this story is the real deal this time. I'm not really one for all the bullshit but lets just say last time Turner was appointed manager i knew a week in advance of it being announced. Money coming from Abu Dabi. UTO.

I was told the money is definitely from that area of the world. However, even though the person in question has never been wrong, I still refuse to believe anything takeover related until it is done and dusted. Too many false dawns at Hillsborough and not just for the last couple of years.

God, imagine the days where the entirety of the debate on here is purely football related!

Yeah mate yeah!

Hope you're right, but how do you know then?

Guest jimmyallen

Yeah mate yeah!

Hope you're right, but how do you know then?

Lets just say im a friend of the turner family. He was right last time so i see no reason not to believe him again. I will leave it at that.

Turner coming back - :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I actually want this to be true to confirm that this club is just one amazing acid trip.

I wouldn't mind him as a scout as previously mentioned. Definitely wouldn't mind seeing a few more Brunt's, Whelans et al plucked from obscurity for no/nominal fees.

Yes his management record here wasn't the best - his decisions in the transfer market proved invaluable in terms of later player sales.

Guest jimmyallen

It was worth asking.

If i was related i would start a whole new thread up dedicated to this. I am just telling you lot what ive been told. I was told 2 weeks ago but just dismissed it as another story.But now that Chris has resigned you have to question why he would resign after a decent start to the season with Hartlepool. We will see........

If i was related i would start a whole new thread up dedicated to this. I am just telling you lot what ive been told. I was told 2 weeks ago but just dismissed it as another story.But now that Chris has resigned you have to question why he would resign after a decent start to the season with Hartlepool. We will see........

Why would you dismiss it though if it came pretty much from the horses mouth? Were you told what role CT would have at the club?

Obviously he has not got the money but if he was involved with a group of

buisnessmen....why wouldnt we welcome it. Its not like he is going to be the

manager.

Anyway I think we are all desperate for change and clutching at straws.

Would have no problem with it as long as he didnt get involved with the management side. Send him off scouting by all means :biggrin:

Its strange to say the least as Pools have looked alright so far, but its probably co-incidence.

I wouldn't mind him as a scout as previously mentioned. Definitely wouldn't mind seeing a few more Brunt's, Whelans et al plucked from obscurity for no/nominal fees.

Yes his management record here wasn't the best - his decisions in the transfer market proved invaluable in terms of later player sales.

He did sign some good 'uns, but people forget that for each of the good ones there were a load of dogshit ones.

Brunt was a gem, but Turner also brought in the likes of Barry-Murphy, Dean Smith, Paul Smith, Ola Tidman, Kim Olsen...

that eggie bloke suposidly buying us and turner resigning on same day, maybe iv put 2+2 and made 5 but........

I wouldn't mind turner back - as gk coach or along those lines but not as manager, proved he wasn't good enough last time.

Guest jimmyallen

Why would you dismiss it though if it came pretty much from the horses mouth? Were you told what role CT would have at the club?

Dismiss is the wrong word. I was told by another friend that thats what he'd been told. Its only when i spoke to the family member TODAY that it was a goer. According to him CT will be a Director of some sort but not as Chairman. That will be somebody else.