Another Bid

Reported as £3m up front - Comprising of £2m from CS9 & £1m from Dennis Hobson

£6.5m write down of the debt to Co-op - this bid has the backing of the bank

Then for next season between £2m - £5m dependent of which league we are in.. So if we are stuck in league 1 - £2m

Will be interesting to see the resolve of the board.. I like the idea of DH putting the money in to this amount.. a Wednesdayite to boot.. Will have the best interest of the club in mind.

Unless we have anything else lined up and soon, then I can see this being accepted.

Which part of the '£5 million upfront' do these chancing c'unts just not get ?

Its a good job that said 'guessing' and not 'betting'...

Cos you'd be f***ing skint if you were a betting man

:laugh:

I think I'd be ok with this if DH and LS are on board.

Something must have changed, as I thought Lee had pretty much washed his hands of them?

I'd be gutted if LS returns.

As much as he did good for the club, he also seemed to lose the plot under the pressure by the end.

Could that have been because his hands were tied by others, yet he was the public face getting all the poo poo.

I'd be glad to see him back if all this goes through, just wish it wouldn't go through.

But surely you must have an opinion on this as a Wednesdayite?

If they have the club's best interests and heart and want to make money out of this venture, then what better way than to put all their money in now and give AI the best opportunity to get the team promoted at the first attempt.

From a PR point of view it would be great for them if they did it - show the fans that they mean business and genuinely want to do the best for the club.

My opinion of the whole thing is that I believe we're heading for admin, and although Club9 might not be perfect, they are the best option we have of avoiding that. If WTID can get their sh*t together quick smart, I'm right behind em, but all the recent "revelations" tell me time is very short....

My opinion of the funding is that injecting the £2m later means they can direct that at the footballing side, whereas putting it in up front means a portion of it may go towards paying of loans etc - this is just a theory, quite happy to be shot down on it.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

:laugh:

I think I'd be ok with this if DH and LS are on board.

Something must have changed, as I thought Lee had pretty much washed his hands of them?

Based on what, he has washed his hands of the board and NP but he was never against Club9

Im not sure theyd want to lose their 3m investment either though?

Depends, they may get a stadium and training ground at a knock down price

Guest BirdonaMaguire

My opinion of the whole thing is that I believe we're heading for admin, and although Club9 might not be perfect, they are the best option we have of avoiding that. If WTID can get their sh*t together quick smart, I'm right behind em, but all the recent "revelations" tell me time is very short....

My opinion of the funding is that injecting the £2m later means they can direct that at the footballing side, whereas putting it in up front means a portion of it may go towards paying of loans etc - this is just a theory, quite happy to be shot down on it.

why not freeze management fees for three years and pay off the loan note holders? just a thought.

I wish WTID could get their "poo poo" together, shame others can't

Jobs for the boys.

You just have to ask yourself who brought these parasites to the club in the first place.

the guy who made it his sole aim to deliver investment, by summer, by christmas, by next summer, by...... feck, I've failed

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Jobs for the boys.

You just have to ask yourself who brought these parasites to the club in the first place.

^^^^

this

Good post - Exactly my feelings as well.

I think it would be great if this bid did go through with Dennis Hobson and LS to return. Two Wednesdayites who are very passionate about the club, one with funds and also Club9. From my point of view I think Club9 came across very well on the radio and they seem to know what their talking about in terms of sports business management. I have also been impressed by how committed they have been to get through the initial stage of where an all round agreement was made for an offer on all sides. Yes it fell through but no other investor has stuck around to get this far and despite been knocked back time and time again, they have always come back and stuck to their guns. They seem very determined and I feel confident they would not pay £2m+ just to put us in admin plus the bank would never accept that kind of loss. As well as this why would a Wednesdayite (possibly two) let this happen anyway?

The current board have had their chance and way overstayed their welcome as far as I am concerned and failed absolutely miserably. I think there is much more chance of us going into admin and having our assets stripped with the current board than with Club9 taking over. The first sign of us going into admin territory has already been reached and I can only see it getting worse. Im not quite as positive as others about this season in league one, it may be a much more difficult task getting promotion first time than many believe. I don't believe we will be promoted and I don't believe the club can cope with another season in league one in this climate without a change of leadership and some investment. This is just my opinion of course and i'm sure many disagree.

Based on what, he has washed his hands of the board and NP but he was never against Club9

Depends, they may get a stadium and training ground at a knock down price

:rolleyes:

If the can release any cash from the above they will do better than the current board have.........

I still go along with what assets.....

:biggrin::rolleyes:

Whatever happens remember the present incumbents have mismanaged the club to the extent it

has already lost a great deal of credibility in the football world.

Do not see how lower this club could fall further except of course the unthinkable.....folding all together.

On the whole most fans don't even care about Club9......they just want a succesful team.

It is naive to even consider fans give boardroom politics much thought, otherwise a revolution would

have happened years ago.

I have also been impressed by how committed they have been to get through the initial stage

F'uck me..... if it meant my name being plastered all over the press, all over the global community, I think I'd act like a dog with a bone and pretend I had all these backers, when really, I wanted to try get the club for less than rock bottom price, then screw it over for costs.....

Jobs for the boys.

I'm not convinced yet, but what assets do we have to strip ?

and how can they be 'parasites' compared to our current board whom have put in exactly how much cash, over the past decade ?

a £3 Million investment is more money put into this football club that out current incumbents have managed for the past decade.