Another Bid

Thats under the assumption that there is a long term...

I'll take a long term future of scratching around the lower leagues than selling the soul and control of the club to a bunch of unprofessional individuals who, as Grandad quite rightly pointed out yesterday, don't give a throw about the club.

Act in haste, repent at leisure.

I see where your coming from but would you consider not paying the taxman and dragging our name through the mud in public and then having to sell our best player, after stating we don't need to sell! - unprofessional and embarrassing

I don't dispute what our current incumbents are like.

However - frying pan/fire?

I mean drumming up support on Facebook? Come on

Guest BirdonaMaguire

I think they have the funds and are structuring their bid for a good reason. Just IMO of course

More ambigious statements, if you know summat then share it, personally i'm past caring now, there's nowt I can do but sit and watch, it hurts me that we have fans sniping at each other and we are set to be "taken over" by a company who's record in Sports management matches mine

You must have been up all night then? :biggrin:

Sorry Simon, I don't get you?

I know we are now desperate. The tax saga indicates that it will be hand to mouth all season. But the numbers being talked about still do not make sense. Remember that in 1997, Charterhouse effectively gave the club £18m. That got spent and within 5 years we were another £23m in debt. That was £41m gone. There are some noughts missing in the figures I see to make this a proper way forward.

Not really we got relegated the same season ITV digitial went boobies up.

That had the most effect on us out of any club due tot he stipud wages we were paying on contracts that didn't have relegation clauses in them..

What is this good reason you've thought of all by yourself then?

Perhaps adding the £2m at a later date ensures it can be channelled into the footballing side of things, instead of a proportion of it paying off loans? I'm no financial whizz and have never taken over a company, I'm sure there are accountants/businessmen on here that could tell us if this could be how it would work?

Perhaps adding the £2m at a later date ensures it can be channelled into the footballing side of things, instead of a proportion of it paying off loans? I'm no financial whizz and have never taken over a company, I'm sure there are accountants/businessmen on here that could tell us if this could be how it would work?

Do they have this additional £2million?

Or are they relying on other sources still to be found?

I'd be gutted if LS returns.

As much as he did good for the club, he also seemed to lose the plot under the pressure by the end.

Also DH being the person he is.. how would this work between them, I'm sure DH would want the chairmanship role.. who as an avid Wednesdayite would not.

also would this spell the end for Nick Parker ?

If there's an agreement with the bank to reduce debts to a more manageable level anyhow, I can't see the point of C9S taking us into admin to be honest.

And as for previous suggestions about asset stripping, who gains from that? I thought the bank as main creditor have first dibs, or have I got that wrong aswell?

Oh well, sod it, time for work

More ambigious statements, if you know summat then share it, personally i'm past caring now, there's nowt I can do but sit and watch, it hurts me that we have fans sniping at each other and we are set to be "taken over" by a company who's record in Sports management matches mine

Can't I have an opinion any more? What is NP's background?

If they have proof of funds and can guarantee the influx of cash and are supported by the bank then it may be difficult for the club to ignore.

The fact that they are ignoring them anyway is bad business practice and seems quite arrogant in my opinion. Its the same pigheadedness that got us into this mess in the first place and was epitomised in the whole Di Canio affair.

I'm not sure about CS9, but I'm not dead against them either, especially if Hobson is involved. I think we need a change otherwise were either going into admin or treading water. Unless there are serious investors (other than all this alleged flirting that goes on for months on end) then at least some fresh cash and new ideas could be a good thing.

I doubt theyd invest 3m quid and then take us into admin surely?

Good post - Exactly my feelings as well.