Another Bid

the guy who made it his sole aim to deliver investment, by summer, by christmas, by next summer, by...... feck, I've failed

But who really knows the obstacles (current board/ex board) placed in the way of the process being completed earlier ??

All he failed on doing was meeting the deadlines set and this whole internet "open" communciation malarky which was a total mess..

Who else would have taken over last season, who else will have made the improvements needed to the state of the club with vigor and passion.. certainly non of the current board..

I'm not a LS fan, but you can't blame relegation on him alone.. It would be an interesting boardroom with him and DH around with the CS9 crown around..

I would also love for them to involve people like Spencer Fearn.. a new and younger board with modern thinking..

But who really knows the obstacles (current board/ex board) placed in the way of the process being completed earlier ??

All he failed on doing was meeting the deadlines set and this whole internet "open" communciation malarky which was a total mess..

Who else would have taken over last season, who else will have made the improvements needed to the state of the club with vigor and passion.. certainly non of the current board..

I'm not a LS fan, but you can't blame relegation on him alone.. It would be an interesting boardroom with him and DH around with the CS9 crown around..

I would also love for them to involve people like Spencer Fearn.. a new and younger board with modern thinking..

£20m investment imminent

15-20 years of economic mismanagement has meant this day would be inevitable. The club we love and treasure, spend thousands of pounds a year on and support regardless of division, weather or day sold us, the fans, down the river a long long time ago.

Wednesdays trading decisions over this time period have culminated in the complete ownership of the club effectively being third party. Shares mean absolutely nothing if 90% of all money owed is to one third party organisation who are able to call their money in at any time or invoke receivership.

We are banded as a ‘selling club’ in light of the last few years. However, the amount of money wasted without any return is one of the primary reasons we find ourselves in this position.

Just to my recollection we have:

Player Paid Received

Paolo Di Canio 4.7m 1.7m (£10m player at the time??)

Benito Carbone 2.9m 80k

Wim Jonk 2m diddly

Gerald Sibon 2m diddly

Giles De Bilde 3m diddly

Billington/McKeever 1m diddly

Andy Hinchcliffe 3m diddly

You get the jist – there are many many more but, just on that basis we have bought players for upwards of £19m with circa £2m return. There are countless more I would have not listed there.

Yes, we sold Brunt and Bougherra etc but that was to balance books we had already racked up to unmanageable levels of debt in previous years.

Now the sad fact of the matter is, whether we endorse it or not, people like Club9 have a viable chance of gaining control of the club for a pittance of the true value due to the fact the club is no longer run by SWFC. This has been the case for many years and is only ever forgotten because the co-operative bank has been a silent partner in it all for many years.

I think the fact the bank are now making statements about potential investor talks are all the evidence we need that they intend to secure at least a minimum of a reduction in our debt as soon as possible.

Whatever happens, if Club9 are successful or not, remember the eventual outcome lays solely on the door of the people who have systematically dismantled our proud club for many years.

Our fate is in the hands of a third party and, if they want investors into the club, SWFC are powerless to stop them now.

And that, for me, is the saddest thought of all.... (though it is only my opinion of course)

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Is that coming from your ivory check out desk?

Hotel Reception is so last year.

So Ryan do you think your boys will make SWFC a better place to visit next season?

It possibly was initially - and might have added up to this if we had stayed in the Championship..

After all this will now be a £11 - £14m investment..

not really.

Investment means external money coming in.

You make it sound like Cloud 9 are providing this.

The bank agreed and would provide this haircut of the debt to any investor with proposals they ajudged acceptable.

Let's not forget, Cloud 9 will provide ONLY £3 million. What happens if they fail to secure the follow on investment ?

Guest BirdonaMaguire

... and do what with them??

Rent them back?

Sell them, although this is highly unlikely but given that SCC is run by rumblewits ya never know