Another Bid

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Not really we got relegated the same season ITV digitial went boobies up.

That had the most effect on us out of any club due tot he stipud wages we were paying on contracts that didn't have relegation clauses in them..

No we didn't

I'll take a long term future of scratching around the lower leagues than selling the soul and control of the club to a bunch of unprofessional individuals who, as Grandad quite rightly pointed out yesterday, don't give a throw about the club.

Act in haste, repent at leisure.

are you saying youd prefer admin rather thana c9 takeover? That what i was getting at...its not entirely unbelievable that this is the option ahead of us, and the timeframe is a short one

Edited by Rustyfunk

More ambigious statements, if you know summat then share it, personally i'm past caring now, there's nowt I can do but sit and watch, it hurts me that we have fans sniping at each other and we are set to be "taken over" by a company who's record in Sports management matches mine

Sorry Simon, I don't get you?

As far as I'm aware, even late last night, the club were still ignoring any approaches from C9S so unless something changed in the early hours, they still haven't spoken to C9S! It's still going nowhere as far as I know! So no change until someone tells us differently.

As far as I'm aware, they have the £2m

So if C9S cares so much about our football club why don't they put the money in now so that the squad can be strengthened this season rather than next?

I'm sure that the fans would rally behind them if they did that.

By sitting on the money they will surely p*ss even more fans off than they already have.

They do realise how unpopular they are, don't they?

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Can't I have an opinion any more? What is NP's background?

It's in British Business Practice at least, I don't see many courts chasing him

check the website - its on there:

Club 9

Chicago-based CLUB 9 SPORTS announced today that it has made a formal offer to the Board of Directors of Sheffield Wednesday Football Club to invest in the club and to become a significant, minority shareholder. On May 10th, CLUB 9 SPORTS made an offer that is believed to be the highest value ever placed on a League 1 team. The offer of the investment included a proposed closing of the transaction on or before May 31, 2010. In addition, the offer represents a 47% increase to the enterprise value that had been previously endorsed by the club’s board.

The commitment includes a significant, lender-endorsed, equity investment at closing, followed by additional and larger infusions of cash based on a disciplined process so as not to unduly dilute the existing shareholders. After a thorough review and analysis of the club, the firm believes the level of its investment is more than sufficient for the club to be operated successfully and for the manager to have an appropriate reserve of cash to use for key, off-season roster moves. In addition to the equity investment, CLUB 9 SPORTS has already reached an agreement with the club’s lender, Co-operative Bank, to restructure the current debt level.

CLUB 9 SPORTS plans to engage itself in the club’s management through the active involvement of its executive team and others it has recruited to support the current efforts of the club’s key executives and its manager. As such, CLUB 9 SPORTS plans to implement a number if initiatives (such as international player development, best practices in commercial operations and enhanced match day activities) in order to improve the team’s performance and the fans’ experience. The goal of these efforts will be to provide financial discipline, club stability and higher league standings.

“We believe the amount and structure of our offer is compelling and trust the board will accept the terms,” said John Prutch, Managing Partner of Prometheus Capital Partners, one of the principal owners of CLUB 9 SPORTS. Prutch added, “we believe our offer sets Wednesday on course to return to its rightful place in English football”

Guest BirdonaMaguire

As far as I'm aware, even late last night, the club were still ignoring any approaches from C9S so unless something changed in the early hours, they still haven't spoken to C9S! It's still going nowhere as far as I know! So no change until someone tells us differently.

Blame it on the time difference :ph34r:

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Someone explain for the uneducated amongst us please?

clear the debts at a fraction of cost, buy the stadium and training ground for a pittance.

At a rough uneducated guess

So if C9S cares so much about our football club why don't they put the money in now so that the squad can be strengthened this season rather than next?

I'm sure that the fans would rally behind them if they did that.

By sitting on the money they will surely p*ss even more fans off than they already have.

They do realise how unpopular they are, don't they?

I voiced my own suggestion as to why not earlier. One for the businessmen/accountants to answer that one

are you saying youd prefer admin rather thana c9 takeover? That what i was getting at...its not entirely unbelievable that this is the option ahead of us, and the timeframe is a short one

I have great fears about what C9S will do to our club.

They are in this to make money and not for the best interests of the football club.

Whilst I would hate the club to go into administration, I would prefer we paid off some of the monies owed to the likes of HMRC by selling another player or two and then take our chances in the lower leagues.

Lets face it, we are light years away from being ready for the Premier League - if we ever will be again. I'd rather we never got back there as it would cripple the club (again) - and for what? Unless we get taken over by a billionaire we will never be able to compete at that level ever again.

Guest Deleted member

I'm not normally a guessing man but I'd like to bet they've provided proof of funds for committments way beyong 5million, the bid is supported by the bank, and yet the Board are still dismissing it.

I wouldn't get too excited. Just a guess like.

Its a good job that said 'guessing' and not 'betting'...

Cos you'd be f***ing skint if you were a betting man

I voiced my own suggestion as to why not earlier. One for the businessmen/accountants to answer that one

But surely you must have an opinion on this as a Wednesdayite?

If they have the club's best interests and heart and want to make money out of this venture, then what better way than to put all their money in now and give AI the best opportunity to get the team promoted at the first attempt.

From a PR point of view it would be great for them if they did it - show the fans that they mean business and genuinely want to do the best for the club.

Lets face it, we are light years away from being ready for the Premier League - if we ever will be again. I'd rather we never got back there as it would cripple the club (again) - and for what? Unless we get taken over by a billionaire we will never be able to compete at that level ever again.

At this moment in time I wouldn't be too concerned about competing in the premier league - hows about we get up there, stay there for a season, reap the rewards and use the parachute payments properly to start building a stronger future? All we need is a responsible board in charge WHEN the time comes!