Another Bid

Guest intercity0wl

According to Radio Sheffield this morning another bid is being considered

Just as an aside but RS also reported earlier in the week that thr club expected the Transfer embargo would be lifted before the end of this week due to settlement of the bill, well today is Friday so is it a double shitstorm end to the week

FFS. As much as I want the current clusterrumble out of the boardroom, I don't want the likes of Club 9 anywher near our club. I wonder how the likes of Ripley would feel if they do get in and then go on to confirm our worst fears. The only comforting thing is how big a Wednesdayite Dennis Hobson is. But is he being used?

You all have a go at Club 9 and I must say I'm sceptical about them, they don't seem to have much money.

However, the current board have no money and are chuffing useless.

Club 9 can't be any worse surely?

What a great reason for them to start running our club. . .

People appear obsessed with how much money someone can bring to the table. In the current set up there is no money behind the club anyway, just debt. If part of the first deal is a reduction in the debt making it attractive for another buy out then so be it. If the bank are happy then so should we. After all they would still carry the biggest risk in this deal because to date no one has offered them anything back.

In it's current form and direction the club is worth nothing other than the love and affection shown to it by the fans.

What a great reason for them to start running our club. . .

Desperation from me maybe?

I don't know. All I can see is us heading towards administration at the moment. If Club 9 can stop that from happening, then is that not a good thing?

Also, if the CoOp do back them as the best interest for themselves, then surely that's in the best interest of SWFC?

Reported as £3m up front - Comprising of £2m from CS9 & £1m from Dennis Hobson

£6.5m write down of the debt to Co-op - this bid has the backing of the bank

Then for next season between £2m - £5m dependent of which league we are in.. So if we are stuck in league 1 - £2m

Will be interesting to see the resolve of the board.. I like the idea of DH putting the money in to this amount.. a Wednesdayite to boot.. Will have the best interest of the club in mind.

Unless we have anything else lined up and soon, then I can see this being accepted.

Guest pendle

I'm sceptical but as the post above says, surely the co-op would not back something that would ultimately end up costing them over £20m?

I'm not normally a guessing man but I'd like to bet they've provided proof of funds for committments way beyong 5million, the bid is supported by the bank, and yet the Board are still dismissing it.

I wouldn't get too excited. Just a guess like.

Then for next season between £2m - £5m dependent of which league we are in.. So if we are stuck in league 1 - £2m

Will be interesting to see the resolve of the board.. I like the idea of DH putting the money in to this amount.. a Wednesdayite to boot.. Will have the best interest of the club in mind.

Unless we have anything else lined up and soon, then I can see this being accepted.

what happens to the loan note holders in all of this? and are the management fees still the reported 400k per year?

this is the same bid isn't it?

and given that the board did not even acknowledge the last one

why do you think this will be any different?