Another Bid

The Board must be acting in the best interests of the shareholders though surely? They must have another ace up their sleeve to avoid administration musn't they? After all, they do have a duty to put the club, and shareholders' best interests, first don't they. I am sure it must all be in hand and they'll be sharing their plans to keep the ship running shortly.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Got an horrible feeling this will be accepted, Ripley will be able to say I told you so whilst I just sit there and contemplate our future

heavy heart.............

As the only offer on the table how could the board possibly turn it down ?

If the only offer on the table was £200 would you still be prepared to accept it?

Just because it's the only one at the moment doesn't make it the right one in the long term.

If the Bank have backed this bid, it will be very difficult for the Board to reject it. Pressure from the Co-op may just tip the odds towards Cloud9.

If this alleged latest bid is rejected, the Bank could get very nasty.

In what way could the bank get nasty Bob?

^^^^^^

Unprofessional, and embarrassing

I see where your coming from but would you consider not paying the taxman and dragging our name through the mud in public and then having to sell our best player, after stating we don't need to sell! - unprofessional and embarrassing

So they've just made exactly the same offer as last time, the same offer that was completely ignored by the club? Three million quid and then they'll see what they can find later on. Only difference being that nobody have graduated frmo Hallam FM to Radio Sheffield, I'm so glad our club is being used as a marketing for beginners case study.

Basically they're hoping to gain control of the club just by paying off Allen's loan and chucking in a few quid for share placement admin fees?

You all have a go at Club 9 and I must say I'm sceptical about them, they don't seem to have much money.

However, the current board have no money and are chuffing useless.

Club 9 can't be any worse surely?

Hope that sentence doesn't come back to bite us :biggrin:

Guest BirdonaMaguire

So is admin the answer then? because thats where were

heading.

I can see admin happening either way if i'm honest, call it a gut feeling, it's not like Prutch or Pritchett aren't adverse to shirking debts

So they've just made exactly the same offer as last time, the same offer that was completely ignored by the club? Three million quid and then they'll see what they can find later on. Only difference being that nobody have graduated frmo Hallam FM to Radio Sheffield, I'm so glad our club is being used as a marketing for beginners case study.

Basically they're hoping to gain control of the club just by paying off Allen's loan and chucking in a few quid for share placement admin fees?

The £2m follow up is guaranteed in the coming season.

Has anybody thought that it mighe be done like this for a reason??!?

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Heard from a very good source this deal looks set to be sealed, also LS to return

Guest BirdonaMaguire

The £2m follow up is guaranteed in the coming season.

Has anybody thought that it mighe be done like this for a reason??!?

they are trawling the streets for nickles and dimes?

Just a guess; but after recent events that have come to light, not paying tax and other concerns, the current board may be thinking lets run for the hills in case any other investigations or debts come our way. I'm sure if people starting digging into the accounts in great detail it may be alarming.

If I've read what people have to say correctly, they've proven funds to the bank way beyond £5million. They just haven't altered the structure of the payments, probably not wanting to hand cash over to be flushed down the toilet I would guess. That's my interpretation anyhow unless someone categorically knows differently

If they have proof of funds and can guarantee the influx of cash and are supported by the bank then it may be difficult for the club to ignore.

The fact that they are ignoring them anyway is bad business practice and seems quite arrogant in my opinion. Its the same pigheadedness that got us into this mess in the first place and was epitomised in the whole Di Canio affair.

I'm not sure about CS9, but I'm not dead against them either, especially if Hobson is involved. I think we need a change otherwise were either going into admin or treading water. Unless there are serious investors (other than all this alleged flirting that goes on for months on end) then at least some fresh cash and new ideas could be a good thing.

I doubt theyd invest 3m quid and then take us into admin surely?