Another Bid

As an aside, what shitstorm factor do you think we're at people?

I reckon a Club9 Statement will push it to 5 today.

I concur.

Wonder what their statement will be - hope it is as amusing as their usual ones.

"We have today made a revised offer to SWFC including a 3p rise to our initial offer. This represents a 47% increase in our valuation of the club and we hope to conclude the deal AY SAP"

Guest wewantsturrockback

The same board that had 3 or 4 clubs sniffing round Lee Grant but still sold him to Burnley for a reduced fee with only 1/3 up front?

sorry what evidence do you have of this? the grant money is received up front at once, one of the main reasons it is less than his value because burnley are having to stump up now rahther than staggered payments as usually is the case

as for all these comments re club 9, i see the point that admin is a disastous time, but these jokers should be knowhere near our club they are unprofessional, and have no interest and seemingly no funds in being part of wednesdaym they want the cash. can people also stop with these stupid comments that the board are still ignoring club 9 - EVEN if a good (laugh) offer was made, put yourself in the Board's situation - you need to review and discuss it, not be rushed into having to respond by 5pm to give them an answer, probably unrealistic given the consultations of the board and bank and all the advisors the bank and clubwill have involved.

there are another group still very interested in the owls, (with money) and looking and unless ive missed something the Coop are supporting us for now and grant transfer money will help so i see no need to panic

lets not also forget that very few, if any teams ever actually go out of business, look at Palace, went into admin andthen the offers come in, how many times did the media report they were an hour from being liquidated but a deal got done and now the future's looking rosier.

Financially this week has been the most embarrassing in the clubs history.We can't be any worse off.Let Club9 and DH take over.Money to spend,debt slashed,spring clean in the boardroom...can't see why some people are so reluctant.We are on our knees as a club.We have to take the risk.An important factor would be it offers stability,it can't be good for the players either.

sorry what evidence do you have of this? the grant money is received up front at once, one of the main reasons it is less than his value because burnley are having to stump up now rahther than staggered payments as usually is the case

as for all these comments re club 9, i see the point that admin is a disastous time, but these jokers should be knowhere near our club they are unprofessional, and have no interest and seemingly no funds in being part of wednesdaym they want the cash. can people also stop with these stupid comments that the board are still ignoring club 9 - EVEN if a good (laugh) offer was made, put yourself in the Board's situation - you need to review and discuss it, not be rushed into having to respond by 5pm to give them an answer, probably unrealistic given the consultations of the board and bank and all the advisors the bank and clubwill have involved.

there are another group still very interested in the owls, (with money) and looking and unless ive missed something the Coop are supporting us for now and grant transfer money will help so i see no need to panic

lets not also forget that very few, if any teams ever actually go out of business, look at Palace, went into admin andthen the offers come in, how many times did the media report they were an hour from being liquidated but a deal got done and now the future's looking rosier.

I'll put myself in the boards position - who's for a game of COD? We've got 7.5 hours to kill

I think it would be great if this bid did go through with Dennis Hobson and LS to return. Two Wednesdayites who are very passionate about the club, one with funds and also Club9. From my point of view I think Club9 came across very well on the radio and they seem to know what their talking about in terms of sports business management. I have also been impressed by how committed they have been to get through the initial stage of where an all round agreement was made for an offer on all sides. Yes it fell through but no other investor has stuck around to get this far and despite been knocked back time and time again, they have always come back and stuck to their guns. They seem very determined and I feel confident they would not pay £2m+ just to put us in admin plus the bank would never accept that kind of loss. As well as this why would a Wednesdayite (possibly two) let this happen anyway?

The current board have had their chance and way overstayed their welcome as far as I am concerned and failed absolutely miserably. I think there is much more chance of us going into admin and having our assets stripped with the current board than with Club9 taking over. The first sign of us going into admin territory has already been reached and I can only see it getting worse. Im not quite as positive as others about this season in league one, it may be a much more difficult task getting promotion first time than many believe. I don't believe we will be promoted and I don't believe the club can cope with another season in league one in this climate without a change of leadership and some investment. This is just my opinion of course and i'm sure many disagree.

Good post!! UTO WTID

what evidence do you have of this?

Guest wewantsturrockback

Financially this week has been the most embarrassing in the clubs history.We can't be any worse off.Let Club9 and DH take over.Money to spend,debt slashed,spring clean in the boardroom...can't see why some people are so reluctant.We are on our knees as a club.We have to take the risk.An important factor would be it offers stability,it can't be good for the players either.

where is the proof of this? and raping us for mgt charges isnt a good start, if that is part of their initial proposal, what crazy schemes will they come up with once in charge. a takevoer by these guys would be a Liverpool american situation not a Villa american situation, but for us unlike the scousers who can turn up and moan about the board, but still have torres/gerrard and play in the champs league etc, we will be in league 1 going nowhere

Guest wewantsturrockback

what evidence do you have of this?

obviously not evidence i can post on here, but trust me - to be fair do you think the board/coop would have been prepared to accept an offer paying this over 6montsh/1 year when we're so much in the poo poo? we need money now, hence reduced price. on his valuation, certainly to us in points saved in a season have we been mugged? yes, but what can you do, need to cash in

obviously not evidence i can post on here, but trust me - to be fair do you think the board/coop would have been prepared to accept an offer paying this over 6montsh/1 year when we're so much in the poo poo? we need money now, hence reduced price. on his valuation, certainly to us in points saved in a season have we been mugged? yes, but what can you do, need to cash in

windowslivewriterhowdoyoutrackyourenvelopesandfinances-65d0money-envelope-3.jpg

Guest Deleted member

My opinion of the whole thing is that I believe we're heading for admin, and although Club9 might not be perfect, they are the best option we have of avoiding that. If WTID can get their sh*t together quick smart, I'm right behind em, but all the recent "revelations" tell me time is very short....

My opinion of the funding is that injecting the £2m later means they can direct that at the footballing side, whereas putting it in up front means a portion of it may go towards paying of loans etc - this is just a theory, quite happy to be shot down on it.

I think I could respect your opinion far more if you stopped referring to 'we' when talking about Wednesday. angry.gif

a takevoer by these guys would be a Liverpool american situation not a Villa american situation

According to a previous poster, even Villa are paying £8m a year in management fees. It seems no American investor is in the game for the love of it.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Lets be honest, you'll never respect my opinion, so I'll keep saying We, what with being a Wednesday fan and all.

For once that is summat we agree on, I do believe you do have the clubs best interests at heart, shame tyhe likes of Beal, Prutch and Prtichett et al don't

Guest BirdonaMaguire

I can confirm Beal does too, for what it's worth.

apart from when he's Parisianowl and stirring up a bloody hornets nest?