Mass Protests Being Planned

Guest SaveOurOwls

Bills your support of the board goes too far. You cannot just sweep aside the ineptitude (I think thats a word) with which the club has been run by the current board members.

he's being realistic, no amount of stamping yer feet, saying we want you out is going to change a thing. money talks.

This is not just aimed at you but we've all got to get real.

I just checked this specific line of C9S/nobody bullshit with someone in constant contact with the bankers selling the club - £5m goes £3.2m to the club to buy players etc, £1.2m to Dave Allen, £0.45m for deal costs, £150k to the loan note holders on the board.

I would suggest if this idiotic and transparent poo poo stirring effort wants to really organise a protest, go to Chesterfield.

If you're protesting the Board of SWFC (and not the man holding out for money - i.e. DA) then protest at a Board Meeting, not at our first game of the season.

Absolute manipulative rumblewittery. We are protesting what? Relegation? The Winding Up Order? Those were on LS's watch, go to his house. The £30mil in debt? Most of that was incurred 10+ years ago and I doubt Dave Richards is going to be at the game. The sale of Grant? We're a L1 club and have been offered £1m by a club in a higher league, his leaving was inevitable, and we've strengthened the squad this summer with the signings we've made - especially if we get Weaver in - so that makes no sense. Maybe the treatment of fans by the Board - that would be fair enough, except the lawsuits/cretingate would have been the time to protest, not now.

Would the OP from SaveOurOwls or one of the other C9S apologists like to elaborate what exactly it is we're protesting so I know whether I am supposed to show up at Dave Allen. Lee Strafford or Dave Richards' house rather than Hillsborough. As the other poster said, we've chanting "Board Out" at a time they are looking to leave, at our first game of the season, sorry nobody but if you want the Board out, use the hundreds of thousands of pounds you made finding soldiers security "jobs" (ahem) and put some money in to the club to get rid of them, otherwise quit trying to manipulate the fan base.

Pathetic, nothing more.

Serious question Bills, do you, "with your expert fountain of knowledge" (or Google) , believe Nick Parker when he said that the bank encouraged us to try the HMRC's patience and that it's just a case of playing the game?

Do you think or have you heard that we are heading for admin? Crystal Palace's administrator was on SSN today saying that a wind-up order was the first step to admin so naturally it's got me worrying.

It's a protest against the board, not the players or management. We need to protest on the first game, otherwise we'll beat Dag & Red, most fans will go home happy and the chance to protest is over. How much poo have we put up with?! For so long us as fans have been shafted and most people just want to sit here and take it. We need to protest, we need to to express our feelings as fans. This club will stagnate if us fans don't do anything about it. We'll be here week in week out, watching poo being fed poo and watching a dying club.

Guest billsaja

For a start what Bill says is as irrelevant as what you or I say. He has no idea of the details of the £5m investment deal the board are holding out for. Secondly I think they should walk without so much as a penny (wishful thinking I know). But it is public knowledge that some of it goes to the loan note holders. IMO the deal is unattractive and is one of the reasons we have no takers. Despite the rumours we hear and have heard for years, nobody is interested. I think if the bank are satisfied with a smaller amount the board should step aside. They had the chance over the years to earn a return on their investment and have failed spectacularly and are responsible for the precarious position we're now in. I could be wrong regarding the bank of course I'm just going by the fact it was said on RS the bank have agreed to reduce the debt by £6.5m for an initial £3m and so far the bank have not denied this claim and as far as I know the club have only denied it unofficially through the likes of Deejayone on here. This protest is starting to look like the work of nobody Live no Events so obviously this is not the way forward but I do think we should protest, in some way. We all seem happy just to sit back and moan on forums whilst the club dies a slow and painful death right before our eyes (a little dramatic but true).

You can check with any one of the Wednesdayite directors, SA high-ups or hell even LS himself and they'll confirm the break down of the £5m as agreed with C9S back when they still claimed to have money. The share issue that is needed costs over £250k in fees alone, and Dave Allen hasn't agreed to any haircut for £3m and I have yet to see any official word that the bank will write off £6.5m for £3m initially, indeed if they (the bank) were happy with £3m and thought Club9 had £3m, then we'd be sold to Club9 for £3m now don't you think - Club9's elusive little statement about having talks with the bank etc skirted that nicely, but £3m doesn't get it done, simple as, and £3m leaves barely than £1m for the club so is a pointless takeover. Of ANY money coming in, £2m goes out to (mainly Dave Allen) creditors, bankers and deal fees.

Obviously you feel that Club9 Bob are the way forwards, that's all good, I am going to completely disagree and therefore we need an alternative before we go yelling about the Board Out. Look at Man Ure, they have been singing songs and chanting on a far wider scale and far more organised basis, with national attention, for 2+ years now, and the Glazers are still there.

Nope, this is just more pointless PR and disruptive nonsense from the poison brought in to the club by the previous desperate incarnation of a Chairman.

he's being realistic, no amount of stamping yer feet, saying we want you out is going to change a thing. money talks.

This is not just aimed at you but we've all got to get real.

Oh I agree totally about the feet stmping. Its his defence of the current board I found rather nauseating

If this happened at Manchester United they'd have thrown the directors out years ago, and even at the lane.

The directors have it wee wee easy with our fans who now seem to put up with any poo poo thrown at them

Who is this 'they' that every club seems to have......?

Who is organising "Save Our Owls"? Is it a one man band? Is it people with an agenda?Is it a group of passionate supporters?

I am all for protesting in some way, these clowns have had it to easy for for too long. I would agree that the best time to do so would be after the game too.

Thta said, the statement by "Save Our Owls" makes some statements which I doubt they no to be true. e.g The selling of Grant to pay the taxbill.

When making a statement and trying to rally people I think it is foolish to speculate, the facts speak for themselves!

e.g.

- A debt that has continued to grow since we were relegated from the Premiership

- Inability to attract investment into the Club

- Failure to engage with the fanbase (When was the last time we heard from Hulley or Addy?)

- Inability to compete financially with the majority of Championship Clubs (Unaaceptable for a Club of our size)

- A continual inability to compete at an acceptable level on the pitch

etc, etc,etc

Speculation will only cause people to back away from supporting such a movement, it can also put the board in a good position to counter something, if it is indeed not true.

Our fans are as up and down as a fiddlers elbow.

We sign Clinton Morrison and everyone is dancing around like Bez saying what a summer this is.

We sell Grant and are late with our tax and suddenly the black balloons are being brought down from the loft.

Guest billsaja

Bills your support of the board goes too far. You cannot just sweep aside the ineptitude (I think thats a word) with which the club has been run by the current board members.

Zero support for the Board here other than HW (and I think NP is a good guy) - just realistic acceptance that chanting like a baboon isn't going to move them on.

Then again, I am sure the same OT sheep who were swept along by first GS, then LS, then C9S will clap along to any drum beat in their direction, so I fully expect to see 150 idiots getting drowned out at the D&R game.

I may be wrong but I thought the debt stood at around 14 million before D A, it is my understanding that the debt was doubled to what it is now during D A's reign.

Tbf, he walked into a sinking ship - whatever you think about DA, you cannot blame him for inheriting massive player contracts which the club had to honour which were a massive factor in the debt increasing. Those contracts were agreed by the previous regime led by Richards. The debt was going up whoever walked through the door.

Like many other Owls fans we now despair at the depth our beloved club have sunk too. It is now time to take action to bring this to an end. The board have to be removed no longer can we sit back and let this happen.

A mass protest is being planned for the Dagenham and Redbridge game to remove the directors that have ruined our club. This effort will be coordinated throiugh Twitter follow us @SaveOurOwls and visit us at http://saveourowls.yolasite.com/

The time for action is now Pass this on to as many fellow Owls as possible

I haven't got Twittbook - What's the purpose of the demo? What is it trying to acheive? By this I mean, once the objective of removing the board is met by the demonstration, what happens next? Who replaces them? Who runs the PLC from 5pm Saturday evening? Do you have some replacements already lined up? Or shall we have a ballot after the demonstration?

I know there's lots of questions there but I usually have a Chinese takeway on Saturdays so it's going to have to be pretty important if I'm going to forsake it.

I haven't got Twittbook - What's the purpose of the demo? What is it trying to acheive? By this I mean, once the objective of removing the board is met by the demonstration, what happens next? Who replaces them? Who runs the PLC from 5pm Saturday evening? Do you have some replacements already lined up? Or shall we have a ballot after the demonstration?

I know there's lots of questions there but I usually have a Chinese takeway on Saturdays so it's going to have to be pretty important if I'm going to forsake it.

take it your not protesting :angry:

Who is organising "Save Our Owls"? Is it a one man band? Is it people with an agenda?Is it a group of passionate supporters?

I am all for protesting in some way, these clowns have had it to easy for for too long. I would agree that the best time to do so would be after the game too.

Thta said, the statement by "Save Our Owls" makes some statements which I doubt they no to be true. e.g The selling of Grant to pay the taxbill.

When making a statement and trying to rally people I think it is foolish to speculate, the facts speak for themselves!

e.g.

- A debt that has continued to grow since we were relegated from the Premiership

- Failure to engage with the fanbase (When was the last time we heard from Hulley or Addy?)

- Inability to compete financially with the majority of Championship Clubs (Unaaceptable for a Club of our size)

etc, etc,etc

Speculation will only cause people to back away from supporting such a movement, it can also put the board in a good position to counter something, if it is indeed not true.

Good question - maybe they'll explain this.

bills I try and avoid you these days but why did you ever come out and so publicly support LS by starting a thread saying give him 5 more years?

Now your opinion of LS has so drastically changed.

I know you think I worship the ground he walks on ( but he didn't get it all right in my opinion)

so can I have a straight answer to my question ?

Guest billsaja

e.g.

etc, etc,etc

Again, this is just idiocy though, because

-given in the past 10 years the Directors in question - Hulley, Addy, Cooke have taken precisely £0 in net cash out of the club, to blame them for the debts which were incurred to pay for the players we demanded we sign is odd to say the least - blame the poor judgement of the managers who signed them by all means.

- the club is for sale for next to nowt, that no-one (with actual money to do so) wishes to buy it is not something we can protest and make happen. Again, by all means, protest Dave Allen's insistence he gets 1/.3rd of the money paid his way, but he's not at S6 much these days

- when was the last time any Director of any football club other than a Chairman engaged with a fanbase. Can you name the Finance Director at any Premiership club? Nope, thought not, another "none point".

- see point 2 re. investment

- see point 2 re. investment

Sorry, I am sure every fan dislikes our current board, but none of the protest items make a lick of sense. Relegation was worth protesting, as would be this Winding Up order, but the man responsible on the Board for the past 18 months walked away already, and the rest of the old farts want out, but unless we're replacing them with paid directors we don't have the money for, what's the option?

What do we want? The Board out? To be replaced by XXXXXXX (bearing in mind Boards answer to shareholders). Fill in the XXXXXXX and I'll blow up the balloons and dance to your tune.

Guest billsaja

bills I try and avoid you these days but why did you ever come out and so publicly support LS by starting a thread saying give him 5 more years?

Now your opinion of LS has so drastically changed.

I know you think I worship the ground he walks on ( but he didn't get it all right in my opinion)

so can I have a straight answer to my question ?

I said then, I personally could not stand LS, but if you're going to have a Chairman with no power to do anything, you are going to cause no end of problems. He either needed sacking or backing. As happens, they chose the former. That would have been my preferred option from a personal viewpoint, but the majority back then (we're talking Jan) wanted Lee so I suggested then let's back him and his plans long term. Of course that was before his much vaunted investors turned out to be bankrupt Walter Mitties, before we found the "challenge for playoffs" was actually our "inevitable relegation struggle" and our "sound break even or small profit" and "professional management style" would lead to a winding up order..................ask Donny to go and google my post that started that thread, he's good at that kind of stalking, and the other posts around it and you'll see what I mean. You cannot have a puppet Chairman try to implement radical change when he was so vunerable to one change of heart from Hulley - that thread was started 2 weeks after Lee was nearly sacked and managed to stay in power thanks to "renewed talks" with Club9 who, back then, were still viewed by the Board as credible.

I hardly think my opinion of LS has "drastically changed" - I've always been anti, and always thought he was a silver tongued hot air machine. That he would cause quite this much damage to the club was not something even I imagined, but hey.