Mass Protests Being Planned

Guest SaveOurOwls

Again, this is just idiocy though, because

-given in the past 10 years the Directors in question - Hulley, Addy, Cooke have taken precisely £0 in net cash out of the club, to blame them for the debts which were incurred to pay for the players we demanded we sign is odd to say the least - blame the poor judgement of the managers who signed them by all means.

- the club is for sale for next to nowt, that no-one (with actual money to do so) wishes to buy it is not something we can protest and make happen. Again, by all means, protest Dave Allen's insistence he gets 1/.3rd of the money paid his way, but he's not at S6 much these days

- when was the last time any Director of any football club other than a Chairman engaged with a fanbase. Can you name the Finance Director at any Premiership club? Nope, thought not, another "none point".

- see point 2 re. investment

Sorry, I am sure every fan dislikes our current board, but none of the protest items make a lick of sense. Relegation was worth protesting, as would be this Winding Up order, but the man responsible on the Board for the past 18 months walked away already, and the rest of the old farts want out, but unless we're replacing them with paid directors we don't have the money for, what's the option?

What do we want? The Board out? To be replaced by XXXXXXX (bearing in mind Boards answer to shareholders). Fill in the XXXXXXX and I'll blow up the balloons and dance to your tune.

Whats your view on the legal action?

Do you think BG is a good financial director

Do you not think in the interim periods when chairmen left they should not make any comment?

Do you know of any positive ideas put forward by them in the last 10 years?

I said then, I personally could not stand LS, but if you're going to have a Chairman with no power to do anything, you are going to cause no end of problems. He either needed sacking or backing. As happens, they chose the former. That would have been my preferred option from a personal viewpoint, but the majority back then (we're talking Jan) wanted Lee so I suggested then let's back him and his plans long term. Of course that was before his much vaunted investors turned out to be bankrupt Walter Mitties, before we found the "challenge for playoffs" was actually our "inevitable relegation struggle" and our "sound break even or small profit" and "professional management style" would lead to a winding up order..................ask Donny to go and google my post that started that thread, he's good at that kind of stalking, and the other posts around it and you'll see what I mean. You cannot have a puppet Chairman try to implement radical change when he was so vunerable to one change of heart from Hulley - that thread was started 2 weeks after Lee was nearly sacked and managed to stay in power thanks to "renewed talks" with Club9 who, back then, were still viewed by the Board as credible.

I hardly think my opinion of LS has "drastically changed" - I've always been anti, and always thought he was a silver tongued hot air machine. That he would cause quite this much damage to the club was not something even I imagined, but hey.

always anti? nah not fooling me there billy boy

and does BG not take responsibility for not informing LS of financial situtations before letting him implement his business plan.

and I know you aren't a football fan so can't grasp the concept the players and managers lost us points on the pitch. That was shoddy work after being given an increased wage budget. They finished 11th the year before and let the fans down last year.

And at least he could speak his mind ffs

Where are your investors? hahahahahahaah

and you claim he had no power to do anything so do you blame the board then?

Edited by Belfast Owl 2

-given in the past 10 years the Directors in question - Hulley, Addy, Cooke have taken precisely £0 in net cash out of the club, to blame them for the debts which were incurred to pay for the players we demanded we sign is odd to say the least - blame the poor judgement of the managers who signed them by all means.

- the club is for sale for next to nowt, that no-one (with actual money to do so) wishes to buy it is not something we can protest and make happen. Again, by all means, protest Dave Allen's insistence he gets 1/.3rd of the money paid his way, but he's not at S6 much these days

- when was the last time any Director of any football club other than a Chairman engaged with a fanbase. Can you name the Finance Director at any Premiership club? Nope, thought not, another "none point".

Sorry, I am sure every fan dislikes our current board, but none of the protest items make a lick of sense. Relegation was worth protesting, as would be this Winding Up order, but the man responsible on the Board for the past 18 months walked away already, and the rest of the old farts want out, but unless we're replacing them with paid directors we don't have the money for, what's the option?

What do we want? The Board out? To be replaced by XXXXXXX (bearing in mind Boards answer to shareholders). Fill in the XXXXXXX and I'll blow up the balloons and dance to your tune.

They have been there the duration for all the points I mentioned. Whether someone is going to bring money in or not they need to step out of the boardroom and let fresh blood come in and have a go. Most people at their age have long since retired, how can they possibly be the people to take this Club forward? I don't want to debate the pro's and con's of LS but he gave it a go, he didn't succeed, but he himself has suggested that he was not receiving the full support from the Board.

There will be plenty of people out there who will be willing to do what they do without receiving money and will have a lot better chance of taking this Club forward.

Edited by Think tank

Guest u avin a laff

No ones happy how wednesday's run, 200 fans at the rear of the south stand shouting 'sack the board' isn't going to make a difference, where are they going to go? who's going to replace them? They're going nowhere until they all get what they think they're owed. we're stuck with them until they pass away or an investor comes in.

EXACTLY,a few boo's aint gonna scare them off

I got a touch of sunstroke on my hols......... now find mesen nodding in agreement reading Bills posts........worried now.

You are right of course, Bills.......a protest would be futile for all the reasons you mention, but there are some benefits to protesting;

1) Supporters feel they need to be heard, a protest is one of only a few ways they can do this.........it gives them a platform and helps to 'let off steam'.

2) It could be beneficial to WTID........a protest might just be the catalyst they/we need........ supporters out there ignorant of boardroom details might start to sit up and take notice.

3) There's probably more plus points but I can't think straight with this sunstroke.

I said then, I personally could not stand LS, but if you're going to have a Chairman with no power to do anything, you are going to cause no end of problems. He either needed sacking or backing. As happens, they chose the former. That would have been my preferred option from a personal viewpoint, but the majority back then (we're talking Jan) wanted Lee so I suggested then let's back him and his plans long term. Of course that was before his much vaunted investors turned out to be bankrupt Walter Mitties, before we found the "challenge for playoffs" was actually our "inevitable relegation struggle" and our "sound break even or small profit" and "professional management style" would lead to a winding up order..................ask Donny to go and google my post that started that thread, he's good at that kind of stalking, and the other posts around it and you'll see what I mean. You cannot have a puppet Chairman try to implement radical change when he was so vunerable to one change of heart from Hulley - that thread was started 2 weeks after Lee was nearly sacked and managed to stay in power thanks to "renewed talks" with Club9 who, back then, were still viewed by the Board as credible.

I hardly think my opinion of LS has "drastically changed" - I've always been anti, and always thought he was a silver tongued hot air machine. That he would cause quite this much damage to the club was not something even I imagined, but hey.

I'm enjoying reading your latest attempt to pour water on a fans protest against the board. Unnecessary though matey, we've sussed they're just Gleamsters. Save your efforts for another time.

As for Belfast asking me to Google your thread, I'd love to. It would show you up as a liar and a fake even more, not that people take notice. People will believe anything it seems. Unfortunately as you know that thread was deleted a long time ago, and BTW it was March not January.

I fully expect to see 150 idiots getting drowned out at the D&R game.

Why bring the poor D&R fans into this?

what's happened to all these investors that were knocking round then? The Swiss/Italian consortium you know of for one....

Guest totemowl

So the board want the same thing as us - for the board to leave - and we are going to protest to them!

Obviously this is a well thought out plan.

I just checked this specific line of C9S/nobody bullshit with someone in constant contact with the bankers selling the club - £5m goes £3.2m to the club to buy players etc, £1.2m to Dave Allen, £0.45m for deal costs, £150k to the loan note holders on the board.

I would suggest if this idiotic and transparent poo poo stirring effort wants to really organise a protest, go to Chesterfield.

If you're protesting the Board of SWFC (and not the man holding out for money - i.e. DA) then protest at a Board Meeting, not at our first game of the season.

Absolute manipulative rumblewittery. We are protesting what? Relegation? The Winding Up Order? Those were on LS's watch, go to his house. The £30mil in debt? Most of that was incurred 10+ years ago and I doubt Dave Richards is going to be at the game. The sale of Grant? We're a L1 club and have been offered £1m by a club in a higher league, his leaving was inevitable, and we've strengthened the squad this summer with the signings we've made - especially if we get Weaver in - so that makes no sense. Maybe the treatment of fans by the Board - that would be fair enough, except the lawsuits/cretingate would have been the time to protest, not now.

Would the OP from SaveOurOwls or one of the other C9S apologists like to elaborate what exactly it is we're protesting so I know whether I am supposed to show up at Dave Allen. Lee Strafford or Dave Richards' house rather than Hillsborough. As the other poster said, we've chanting "Board Out" at a time they are looking to leave, at our first game of the season, sorry nobody but if you want the Board out, use the hundreds of thousands of pounds you made finding soldiers security "jobs" (ahem) and put some money in to the club to get rid of them, otherwise quit trying to manipulate the fan base.

Pathetic, nothing more.

Are the current incumbents putting this in? If not, why is it a condition of the deal?

So the board want the same thing as us - for the board to leave - and we are going to protest to them!

Obviously this is a well thought out plan.

I particularly like the 'sack the board' idea. Who sacks them? Maybe we can have them all sack each other anonymously in a secret-santa style.

I'm enjoying reading your latest attempt to pour water on a fans protest against the board. Unnecessary though matey, we've sussed they're just Gleamsters. Save your efforts for another time.

As for Belfast asking me to Google your thread, I'd love to. It would show you up as a liar and a fake even more, not that people take notice. People will believe anything it seems. Unfortunately as you know that thread was deleted a long time ago, and BTW it was March not January.

I remember it well, my sunstrokes not that bad.

Guest TonyOwl88

Like many other Owls fans we now despair at the depth our beloved club have sunk too. It is now time to take action to bring this to an end. The board have to be removed no longer can we sit back and let this happen.

A mass protest is being planned for the Dagenham and Redbridge game to remove the directors that have ruined our club. This effort will be coordinated throiugh Twitter follow us @SaveOurOwls and visit us at http://saveourowls.yolasite.com/

The time for action is now Pass this on to as many fellow Owls as possible

I think this is stupid. The club needs supporting. Times are hard because we have no money, and replacing directors will not change that.

We've been relegated to this level before in very recent memory, and we're not the only "big" club to do so.

Southampton and L**ds for example have had it much worse than us. Our club's management is fantastic compared to what they've been served up in recent history.

Portsmouth are probably set to endure the same, worse fate than us.

Norwich, Leicester and Charlton all got relegated, and it wasn't the end of the world.

This protest stuff is petchelant and some fans need to grow up.

I think this is stupid. The club needs supporting. Times are hard because we have no money, and replacing directors will not change that.

We've been relegated to this level before in very recent memory, and we're not the only "big" club to do so.

Southampton and L**ds for example have had it much worse than us. Our club's management is fantastic compared to what they've been served up in recent history.

Portsmouth are probably set to endure the same, worse fate than us.

Norwich, Leicester and Charlton all got relegated, and it wasn't the end of the world.

This protest stuff is petchelant and some fans need to grow up.

Aye, let the current board carry on. :blink: :blink:

FFS

Guest AwayOwl

It's a protest against the board, not the players or management. We need to protest on the first game, otherwise we'll beat Dag & Red, most fans will go home happy and the chance to protest is over. How much poo have we put up with?! For so long us as fans have been shafted and most people just want to sit here and take it. We need to protest, we need to to express our feelings as fans. This club will stagnate if us fans don't do anything about it. We'll be here week in week out, watching poo being fed poo and watching a dying club.

in my opinion its not just the board that we should be protesting against, yes they are incompetent but what they are are representatives of every c*nt who has conspired to move football to this point.

this point where fans arent important cos ticket sales only finance half of what the club needs to run.

the problem is the way football is run in general, that fact that it is a massive f*cking business. its so b*stard illogical that clubs are run by people that arent even fans, just trying to make money out of our clubs and therefore us.

so i suggest we protest against the current incompetence and against business men stealing OUR beautiful game away from us, and encourage other fans to do the same.

rant over.

because our protests in the past have made a big difference?

Mainly because not enough people got on board.

Every time a protest discussion comes up you always get the same arguments. You've got one set of supporters who I guess believe in revolution from the inside and will do everything in their power to create change, Whether that be join Wednesdayite, write letters, volunteer in some capacity or indeed protest. Then you've got the others who believe that no matter how bad things get, you simply can't change things in life, and what is most important is to "get behind the lads", turn up to every game, have their tea, grumble a bit and then go to bed. The latter group's belief is fair enough, and whilst I helped to organise the out of ground protest in late 2006, I respected these people hence the OUT of ground protest. What I didn't respect however is the abuse I received from passing fans on their way to the ground.

It will come as no surprise to people that I am one of those people who do believe in protest - indeed Dave Allen did resign (faster than otherwise I believe) - sighting the pressure from fans such as myself as one of the main reasons. I believe we can't just sit back like we've always done, with protests just not big enough to avoid being branded a 'militant minority'.

Will Wednesday fans finally stand up as ONE and finally take some responsibility for their own clubs' destiny. I'd like to think so but severely doubt it.