Mass Protests Being Planned

Guest SaveOurOwls

Guest SaveOurOwls

Like many other Owls fans we now despair at the depth our beloved club have sunk too. It is now time to take action to bring this to an end. The board have to be removed no longer can we sit back and let this happen.

A mass protest is being planned for the Dagenham and Redbridge game to remove the directors that have ruined our club. This effort will be coordinated throiugh Twitter follow us @SaveOurOwls and visit us at http://saveourowls.yolasite.com/

The time for action is now Pass this on to as many fellow Owls as possible

Like many other Owls fans we now despair at the depth our beloved club have sunk too. It is now time to take action to bring this to an end. The board have to be removed no longer can we sit back and let this happen.

A mass protest is being planned for the Dagenham and Redbridge game to remove the directors that have ruined our club. This effort will be coordinated throiugh Twitter follow us @SaveOurOwls and visit us at http://saveourowls.yolasite.com/

Protests are all fair and well but not at the expense of the team losing. I am all for it as long as it is done outside the ground and not inside.

NO PROTEST before any game!

This will only place added pressure on the manager and players - if anyone feels the need to protest leave it until after the games.

It seems certain people are intent on self destruction.

ps I am not sure Grant was sold to pay the outstanding Tax, I am sure he would have gone anyway.

Edited by Spookone

NO PROTEST before any game!

This will only place added pressure on the manager and players - if anyone feels the need to protest leave it until after the games.

It seems certain people are intent on self destruction.

ps I am not sure Grant was sold to pay the outstanding Tax, I am sure he would have gone anyway.

For what it's worth - this.

But seriously........ :rolleyes:

protesting during games is as bad as booing the players.

Do whatever we need to, but lets not also forget that if we create a bad atmosphere, it will affect the players and any potential recruits..

Can you imagine a player/investor turning up to find fans hurling abuse at club officials?

There needs to be a change, and the only way to force it is through finding someone to replace them.

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=132413

Protesters:- Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board.

Board:- But we want to leave, to the point where we are willing to dilute our shareholding to virtually nothing for no financial return.

Protesters:- Sack the board, sack the board, sack the board

Board:- All we want is an investor that has enough money to satisfy the bank and we are out of here!

Board:- Oh sod it, sack the board, sack the board, sack the board

Protesters:- Why are you still here?

Board:- Still no investor with enough money to satisfy the bank

Board:- :blink:

I want to protest but I'd want to wait until after the match(es) so I can concentrate on supporting the team during them.

Not sure that protests will do any good in this situation. We effectively have a board who don't really care what the supporters think of them, aren't really that bothered about making money out of the club, and have no particular motivation to ensure the club is particularly successful on the pitch. As long as the club continues to exist and doesn't cost them too much personally, I think the board will be quite happy to let things go on as they are, protest or no protest.

Guest wibbledonkey

This thread just about sums it up.

An awful lot of Sheffield Wednesday fans have got exactly the club they deserve...

Keep clapping, don't protest, don't say a word, just watch Wednesday's slow miserable death.

Do whatever we need to, but lets not also forget that if we create a bad atmosphere, it will affect the players and any potential recruits..

People glibly say that kind of thing, but the biggest protest we've had at Hillsborough in recent years was during the QPR game after Sturrock was sacked. Not only did we win that one, but we also went on to win 3 of the next 4 as well.