Mass Protests Being Planned

Guest SaveOurOwls

Following over a decade of mismanagement of OUR club by directors Ken Cooke, Bob Grierson, Geoff Hulley and others, it is time Sheffield Wednesday fans begin a grassroots protest to change ownership and leadership of OUR WEDNESDAY.

We have seen OUR once proud club slip from the Premier League to the third tier, become the perpetual poor man of football and slip from one crisis, one humiliation to another and another and another. Meanwhile, these faceless directors continue to take their seats in the boardroom.

Dave Allen and Lee Strafford both tried to move things foward - and credit should be given where it is due - but they failed. And they rightly did the honorable thing and stood down from leadership. It is now time that Ken Cooke, Bob Grierson, Geoff Hulley also took some responsibility. They should at least come out from behind the scenes and address fan concerns.

In addition, so called 'fans group' Wednesdayite should end their cosy position with the club hierarchy. They have failed to hold the leaders / owners of our club to account over the past year, and it is time they changed their position.

To mark our grief at the slow death of OUR club over the past ten years and to express our desire to see a rebirth through a complete change in ownership and leadership, this group suggests a spontaneous 'Black Shirt' protest (like the Green & Gold Protest at Man Utd) in which fans attend matches wearing the new away kit and other black clothing.

By buying and wearing the black away shirt, you will continue to support the club - but by wearing black together week-in week-out, we can also draw on its symbolism as a sign of grief and anger at authority (as seen in anarchist protests).

IF ENOUGH OWLS STAND TOGETHER ON THIS, WE CAN LET THE CLUB HIERARCHY SEE OUR SADNESS AND ANGER WEEK IN, WEEK OUT.

Following over a decade of mismanagement of OUR club by directors Ken Cooke, Bob Grierson, Geoff Hulley and others, it is time Sheffield Wednesday fans begin a grassroots protest to change ownership and leadership of OUR WEDNESDAY.

We have seen OUR once proud club slip from the Premier League to the third tier, become the perpetual poor man of football and slip from one crisis, one humiliation to another and another and another. Meanwhile, these faceless directors continue to take their seats in the boardroom.

Dave Allen and Lee Strafford both tried to move things foward - and credit should be given where it is due - but they failed. And they rightly did the honorable thing and stood down from leadership. It is now time that Ken Cooke, Bob Grierson, Geoff Hulley also took some responsibility. They should at least come out from behind the scenes and address fan concerns.

In addition, so called 'fans group' Wednesdayite should end their cosy position with the club hierarchy. They have failed to hold the leaders / owners of our club to account over the past year, and it is time they changed their position.

To mark our grief at the slow death of OUR club over the past ten years and to express our desire to see a rebirth through a complete change in ownership and leadership, this group suggests a spontaneous 'Black Shirt' protest (like the Green & Gold Protest at Man Utd) in which fans attend matches wearing the new away kit and other black clothing.

By buying and wearing the black away shirt, you will continue to support the club - but by wearing black together week-in week-out, we can also draw on its symbolism as a sign of grief and anger at authority (as seen in anarchist protests).

IF ENOUGH OWLS STAND TOGETHER ON THIS, WE CAN LET THE CLUB HIERARCHY SEE OUR SADNESS AND ANGER WEEK IN, WEEK OUT.

Is this planned protest still going ahead? If anyone has any info please reply or pm it to me. I would like to take part and help in any way I can.

NO it's not...but there will be a fookin' RIOT...if there's no beer on the Kop

bloody hope it is, fed up of all this crap we've endured for the last 15 years. Bout time did something about it. But yeah I can see that 'beer on the Kop' is such an important issue in comparison to the gradual destruction of our football club.

bloody hope it is, fed up of all this crap we've endured for the last 15 years. Bout time did something about it. But yeah I can see that 'beer on the Kop' is such an important issue in comparison to the gradual destruction of our football club.

HMMMMMN....don't get humour i take it....do i need one of these :rolleyes:

Guest BirdonaMaguire

:laugh:

There are 43 people attending a protest per facebook

If you need any black balloons give me a shout