Mass Protests Being Planned

Guest SaveOurOwls

Guest billsaja

It's not about someone having enough money to satisfy the bank. It's about someone willing to pay at least £5m to satisfy the loan note holders that refuse to leave for nothing. No I'm not a deluded Club 9 fanatic (like Ripley) before anyone starts. I just think this sticking point is keeping away anyone that might otherwise be interested, Lets be honest we're beyond the point where we're hoping for a huge cash injection. We NEED change and I think the Co Op want change and are willing to write off a chunk of the debt for less than the board would have us believe.

I just checked this specific line of C9S/nobody bullshit with someone in constant contact with the bankers selling the club - £5m goes £3.2m to the club to buy players etc, £1.2m to Dave Allen, £0.45m for deal costs, £150k to the loan note holders on the board.

I would suggest if this idiotic and transparent poo poo stirring effort wants to really organise a protest, go to Chesterfield.

If you're protesting the Board of SWFC (and not the man holding out for money - i.e. DA) then protest at a Board Meeting, not at our first game of the season.

Absolute manipulative rumblewittery. We are protesting what? Relegation? The Winding Up Order? Those were on LS's watch, go to his house. The £30mil in debt? Most of that was incurred 10+ years ago and I doubt Dave Richards is going to be at the game. The sale of Grant? We're a L1 club and have been offered £1m by a club in a higher league, his leaving was inevitable, and we've strengthened the squad this summer with the signings we've made - especially if we get Weaver in - so that makes no sense. Maybe the treatment of fans by the Board - that would be fair enough, except the lawsuits/cretingate would have been the time to protest, not now.

Would the OP from SaveOurOwls or one of the other C9S apologists like to elaborate what exactly it is we're protesting so I know whether I am supposed to show up at Dave Allen. Lee Strafford or Dave Richards' house rather than Hillsborough. As the other poster said, we've chanting "Board Out" at a time they are looking to leave, at our first game of the season, sorry nobody but if you want the Board out, use the hundreds of thousands of pounds you made finding soldiers security "jobs" (ahem) and put some money in to the club to get rid of them, otherwise quit trying to manipulate the fan base.

Pathetic, nothing more.

If this happened at Manchester United they'd have thrown the directors out years ago, and even at the lane.

The directors have it wee wee easy with our fans who now seem to put up with any poo poo thrown at them

What, you mean the American directors Glazer and co. I haven't seen no evidence of Man U's directors being thrown out.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Can anyone come up with examples of boardroom revolution brought about through supporter protest. I wondered because I can think of several times when it has done sod all (eg. Doug Ellis at Aston Villa, Mike Ashley at Newcastle, Malcolm Glaser at Manchester United, Hicks and Gillett at Liverpool, even briefly at our own club when Sturrock was sacked etc) ?

QPR, but they did it with baraclarvers, guns and holding the directors hostage unitl they signed their shares over!

On a bigger scale, The Serbs did it to force Milosoviec out and there was the French Revolution!

Guest captain_purse

Capt. Didnt bill say the board would walk for around £120k each, and that it is an ex board member that is wanting more? The rest goes to cover costs I believe he suggested? Not saying if its right (because I dont know) but it does sound at least plausible

For a start what Bill says is as irrelevant as what you or I say. He has no idea of the details of the £5m investment deal the board are holding out for. Secondly I think they should walk without so much as a penny (wishful thinking I know). But it is public knowledge that some of it goes to the loan note holders. IMO the deal is unattractive and is one of the reasons we have no takers. Despite the rumours we hear and have heard for years, nobody is interested. I think if the bank are satisfied with a smaller amount the board should step aside. They had the chance over the years to earn a return on their investment and have failed spectacularly and are responsible for the precarious position we're now in. I could be wrong regarding the bank of course I'm just going by the fact it was said on RS the bank have agreed to reduce the debt by £6.5m for an initial £3m and so far the bank have not denied this claim and as far as I know the club have only denied it unofficially through the likes of Deejayone on here. This protest is starting to look like the work of nobody Live no Events so obviously this is not the way forward but I do think we should protest, in some way. We all seem happy just to sit back and moan on forums whilst the club dies a slow and painful death right before our eyes (a little dramatic but true).

Guest billsaja

No ones happy how wednesday's run, 200 fans at the rear of the south stand shouting 'sack the board' isn't going to make a difference, where are they going to go? who's going to replace them? They're going nowhere until they all get what they think they're owed. we're stuck with them until they pass away or an investor comes in.

THIS

And the fact that I'd be more convinced if this SaveOurOwls mob had actually bothered coming up with some alternative or some grasp on reality. The Board wants to leave, the price is £5m of which they get next to nothing. HW and NP are "sackable" but do we really want them out?

More nobody gonads. WTID/Wednesdayite is the way to progress here, and whatever path we go down, it should involve 100% support of the team on the field for as long as they merit it.

I just checked this specific line of C9S/nobody bullshit with someone in constant contact with the bankers selling the club - £5m goes £3.2m to the club to buy players etc, £1.2m to Dave Allen, £0.45m for deal costs, £150k to the loan note holders on the board.

I would suggest if this idiotic and transparent poo poo stirring effort wants to really organise a protest, go to Chesterfield.

If you're protesting the Board of SWFC (and not the man holding out for money - i.e. DA) then protest at a Board Meeting, not at our first game of the season.

Absolute manipulative rumblewittery. We are protesting what? Relegation? The Winding Up Order? Those were on LS's watch, go to his house. The £30mil in debt? Most of that was incurred 10+ years ago and I doubt Dave Richards is going to be at the game. The sale of Grant? We're a L1 club and have been offered £1m by a club in a higher league, his leaving was inevitable, and we've strengthened the squad this summer with the signings we've made - especially if we get Weaver in - so that makes no sense. Maybe the treatment of fans by the Board - that would be fair enough, except the lawsuits/cretingate would have been the time to protest, not now.

Would the OP from SaveOurOwls or one of the other C9S apologists like to elaborate what exactly it is we're protesting so I know whether I am supposed to show up at Dave Allen. Lee Strafford or Dave Richards' house rather than Hillsborough. As the other poster said, we've chanting "Board Out" at a time they are looking to leave, at our first game of the season, sorry nobody but if you want the Board out, use the hundreds of thousands of pounds you made finding soldiers security "jobs" (ahem) and put some money in to the club to get rid of them, otherwise quit trying to manipulate the fan base.

Pathetic, nothing more.

:biggrin:

Edited by DJMortimer

Guest captain_purse

Pathetic, nothing more.

No you didn't you clown. You know nothing, you are nobody and the sooner these gullible cretins that swallow your brand of bullshit realise this the better this forum will be for all of us. You odious turd.

Like many other Owls fans we now despair at the depth our beloved club have sunk too. It is now time to take action to bring this to an end. The board have to be removed no longer can we sit back and let this happen.

A mass protest is being planned for the Dagenham and Redbridge game to remove the directors that have ruined our club. This effort will be coordinated throiugh Twitter follow us @SaveOurOwls and visit us at http://saveourowls.yolasite.com/

The time for action is now Pass this on to as many fellow Owls as possible

Protest loud and long..........but please NOT BEFORE THE MATCH. The first home game of the season is always special. and given that there are 8 NEW players playing their first game for Wednesday on that first day it is important that the welcome and support the team get before and during the game is huge...........protests before the game WILL effect the players.

Can anyone come up with examples of boardroom revolution brought about through supporter protest. I wondered because I can think of several times when it has done sod all (eg. Doug Ellis at Aston Villa, Mike Ashley at Newcastle, Malcolm Glaser at Manchester United, Hicks and Gillett at Liverpool, even briefly at our own club when Sturrock was sacked etc) ?

You're right in that those protests might not have achieved what they set out to. But at least they're getting the point accross. At least people know they're not happy with what's going on at their clubs. Outsiders looking at SWFC might think the fans are happy with how things are being run.

If Liverpool and Man Utd fans had done nothing then would we even be aware they had a problem.

Pathetic, nothing more.

I may be wrong but I thought the debt stood at around 14 million before D A, it is my understanding that the debt was doubled to what it is now during D A's reign.

Guest MARKOWLS

Pathetic, nothing more.

[/quo you telling protestors to go to peoples houses??? dont you think that a tad irresponsible???? i dont agree with protesting at the start of the season or the beggining of a match but it has to be done and the board are thee target, not lee strafford, he worked his balls off for nothing, where as the board have overseen everything, ITS CRIMINAL , the last 10+ yr whats happened down there GET THE BOARD OUT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If Liverpool and Man Utd fans had done nothing then would we even be aware they had a problem.

Well there was a Panorama about the United situation about 3 weeks ago for a start. As if anything would happen at those clubs without everybody knowing about it.

THIS

And the fact that I'd be more convinced if this SaveOurOwls mob had actually bothered coming up with some alternative or some grasp on reality. The Board wants to leave, the price is £5m of which they get next to nothing. HW and NP are "sackable" but do we really want them out?

More nobody gonads. WTID/Wednesdayite is the way to progress here, and whatever path we go down, it should involve 100% support of the team on the field for as long as they merit it.

Ditto.

It's the 3 dinosaurs I want to see leave, not HW or NP.