Mass Protests Being Planned

Guest SaveOurOwls

Guest Deleted member

Personally I can't buy into the theory that nobody/C9S are behind this. What would they have to gain?

I mean these kind of protests would invariably;

• Cause disruption to the club at the start of a massive season for us
  • Scare off other potential investors
  • Put pressure on the existing directors
  • Impact on attendances
  • Impact on the optimism that has been generated following the signings this summer
  • Potentially reduce the value of the club still further as a result of the above

Surely they wouldn't want to do any of the above?

Personally I can't buy into the theory that nobody/C9S are behind this. What would they have to gain?

• Impact on attendances
  • Impact on the optimism that has been generated following the signings this summer
  • Potentially reduce the value of the club still further as a result of the above

Of course not...however if you were an assett stripping, gutless, bag of shuffle like Cloud9 then any destabilisation would help you achieve that aim don't you think?

I've been raking my brains about the SOS campaign. I'm pretty sure the sheffield star instigated it, I remember it being all over the front and back pages. I'm not entirely sure about this, but I think Dooley was boss at the time, so my guess is 73/74.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I've been raking my brains about the SOS campaign. I'm pretty sure the sheffield star instigated it, I remember it being all over the front and back pages. I'm not entirely sure about this, but I think Dooley was boss at the time, so my guess is 73/74.

It was 1974-75 during our post Christmas winless run.

Out of interest, when is a good time for a protest?

Not the pre season because there's nobody there.

Not the beginning of the season because we don't want to get off to a bad start.

Not if we are on a successful run because that might affect the players.

Not if we are fighting relegation as we need to 'Get behind the team FFFFFS'.

Not at the end of the season as we really need to 'get behind the team FFFFFFFFFS' and push the lads on.

Not when the seasons finished as everybody is on holiday.

Not the christmas period as there are a lot of games to get through that difficult period.

Not January because its too cold.

So - we'll protest middle of March, on the assumption that we are firmly mid-table with no prospects of going up or down, and its a bit sunny, and there isn't a game.

See you all outside the South in March. Assuming we aren't knackered completely beyond recognition by that time.

• Impact on attendances

:rolleyes:

I'm only doing this from memory, but I thought it was 1976.

If it was 1976 I would only have been 7 at the time ph34r.gif so my recollection could be hazy, however I do recall my parka with the fur round the hood having a Save Our Owls sticker on it...

75/76 season to my recollection. But it may have been a year or two before definately not the very later 70's

Where's kivo when you need him?

Regardless of when it was though, people are falling fir this poo poo. Guy in the pub last night asked if I was joining the massive protest. When I said there wasn't one, it's all done by people trying to cause trouble he said no, it's all over facebook and it's gonna be massive. I asked what the aim was and apparently the board are getting sacked.

It wasn't MARKOWLS was it?

:biggrin:

Guest carlg

Bill - what do you think will happen over the coming months/years?

The SWFC status quo and perpetual cycle of decay deja vu is surely no longer sustainable?

Non league in 2 years is most likely outcome I fear.

It was 1974-75 during our post Christmas winless run.

Thanks for that. I could have sworn I was still at school, it must have been just after I had left then, who was the manager, was it Ashurst? Just shows how the memory plays tricks. :biggrin:

Guest billsaja

Thanks for that. I could have sworn I was still at school, it must have been just after I had left then, who was the manager, was it Ashurst? Just shows how the memory plays tricks. :biggrin:

Checked with a few other old gits, they think it was 73-74 as a couple of posters also thought. Either way, I just would have thought if you are going to talk loftily about "our club" and "our history" on some 2-bit website you've set up, it would be good to get the history right. Then again if I were a bunch of poo poo stirring Yanks who make up everything else they've done, I probably wouldn't care.

Checked with a few other old gits, they think it was 73-74 as a couple of posters also thought. Either way, I just would have thought if you are going to talk loftily about "our club" and "our history" on some 2-bit website you've set up, it would be good to get the history right. Then again if I were a bunch of poo poo stirring Yanks who make up everything else they've done, I probably wouldn't care.

I must admit that when I first heard of their interest I was all for it. I wanted the board out at any cost, but having had time to reflect and having witnessed the hostile rants coming from across the pond, I realised these are not the people I want looking after our clubs proud heritage. Also the constant propaganda by the usual suspects is grating.

In my opinion, if these people get hold of the club, then our club will cease to exist. We need Wednesdayites at the helm, people with the club's best interests at heart. I really hope some agreement is reached where Wilko can stay in charge, as a public speaker he would make me suicidal, but as a chairman he is a fine job.

Guest billsaja

A SECOND POST FROM @SAVEOUROWLS OVER ON OT

.........“idiot Neck” I like that one Hm

It is interesting to see that some people comment that outing the board is one thing but without having an alternative and it may be better to stick with what we have. I am sorry this is not right how can anyone of sane mind possibly thing it is better to keep a boardroom in place who would try to have us believe that in order to preserve cash flow they sat down with the bank and the bank sanctioned the idea that they should delay payment to HMRC until they sent us a winding up petition!! Do you realize what happens once other suppliers find out you can bet your bottom dollar now the butcher the baker and the candlestick maker that supply the Owls with products and services on a daily basis with credit are calling the purchase ledger department demanding payment. Can you imagine how the new players must feel having signed for our club to now find out that the ship is fast sinking?? Moreover what probably happened was that the board thought they could claw their way into the new season and pay the tax bill with the first gate receipts but HMRC caught them on the hop and they had to go tell the bank.

We do not know what the answer is once the board is out but what we do know is there is not a sane investor anywhere on this planet that is going to pay a premium to Hulley or Grierson for their shareholding or for that matter take them seriously in any type of negotiation for even considering asking in the first place. We are probably £30 million in debt we probably have assets of 5-10mill at best the position is unsustainable unless you believe the ramblings of a delusional boardroom that would sell the crown jewels just to cling onto their last hope of grabbing what they can for their shares.

We can get them out do not believe that you the average fan does not have the power to do this, you do. Follow @saveourowls on Twitter we only need around a 1000 supporters that are prepared to do the unusual and we can make a difference.

Once I read thing I REALIZED that you can BET YOUR BOTTOM DOLLAR that Club9Sports are behind this.

Must do better fellas. You really are a cancerous bunch of twats. And if you knew the first thing about the deals in place, you'd know that no existing shares are being sold at all (who kept telling us that now.....oh yes, that's right, Club9Sports in successive press releases), so what the hell are you talking about "pay a premium to Hulley or Grierson for their shareholding".

Seriously, first the deranged Joe Kosich (Senior Advisor), then the shitty offer, then the trolls on here, then the crappy PR effort and your desperate press releases, then the attempts to talk down the club and now this.

roger off, and take Ripley, BigRB and all your other lackies with you.

Edited by billsaja

I must admit that when I first heard of their interest I was all for it. I wanted the board out at any cost, but having had time to reflect and having witnessed the hostile rants coming from across the pond, I realised these are not the people I want looking after our clubs proud heritage. Also the constant propaganda by the usual suspects is grating.

In my opinion, if these people get hold of the club, then our club will cease to exist. We need Wednesdayites at the helm, people with the club's best interests at heart. I really hope some agreement is reached where Wilko can stay in charge, as a public speaker he would make me suicidal, but as a chairman he is a fine job.

The only problems I have with this ^ post are the highlighted parts.

The last 10+ years have kind of eradicated our proud heritage imo. Kids have grown up, not knowing of the past, only of the constant decline, cretins, venomous b*tches, suing of fans......As a result they have probably grown up to be P*g fans too.

We are well on our way to ceasing to exist as things stand imo. Something has to change.

It is interesting to see that some people comment that outing the board is one thing but without having an alternative and it may be better to stick with what we have. I am sorry this is not right how can anyone of sane mind possibly thing it is better to keep a boardroom in place who would try to have us believe that in order to preserve cash flow they sat down with the bank and the bank sanctioned the idea that they should delay payment to HMRC until they sent us a winding up petition!! Do you realize what happens once other suppliers find out you can bet your bottom dollar now the butcher the baker and the candlestick maker that supply the Owls with products and services on a daily basis with credit are calling the purchase ledger department demanding payment. Can you imagine how the new players must feel having signed for our club to now find out that the ship is fast sinking?? Moreover what probably happened was that the board thought they could claw their way into the new season and pay the tax bill with the first gate receipts but HMRC caught them on the hop and they had to go tell the bank.

We do not know what the answer is once the board is out but what we do know is there is not a sane investor anywhere on this planet that is going to pay a premium to Hulley or Grierson for their shareholding or for that matter take them seriously in any type of negotiation for even considering asking in the first place. We are probably £30 million in debt we probably have assets of 5-10mill at best the position is unsustainable unless you believe the ramblings of a delusional boardroom that would sell the crown jewels just to cling onto their last hope of grabbing what they can for their shares.

We can get them out do not believe that you the average fan does not have the power to do this, you do. Follow @saveourowls on Twitter we only need around a 1000 supporters that are prepared to do the unusual and we can make a difference.

Once I read thing I REALIZED that you can BET YOUR BOTTOM DOLLAR that Club9Sports are behind this.

Must do better fellas. You really are a cancerous bunch of twats. And if you knew the first thing about the deals in place, you'd know that no existing shares are being sold at all (who kept telling us that now.....oh yes, that's right, Club9Sports in successive press releases), so what the hell are you talking about "pay a premium to Hulley or Grierson for their shareholding".

Seriously, first the deranged Joe Kosich (Senior Advisor), then the shitty offer, then the trolls on here, then the crappy PR effort and your desperate press releases, then the attempts to talk down the club and now this.

It does seem eerily similar - the language, the consistent americanised spell check, references to pounds rather than ££'s and the apparent vaulation of £5-10m of assets.`

Using a common catchphrase isn't much proof that it's C9S behind SaveOurOwls. As you say, C9S are well aware of the deal structure regarding shares - They've been talking to the club for the best part of a year.

SaveOurOwls is probably just a few fans who have finally had enough of the board.

The only problems I have with this ^ post are the highlighted parts.

The last 10+ years have kind of eradicated our proud heritage imo. Kids have grown up, not knowing of the past, only of the constant decline, cretins, venomous b*tches, suing of fans......As a result they have probably grown up to be P*g fans too.

We are well on our way to ceasing to exist as things stand imo. Something has to change.

I agree totally, but in my opinion the yanks aren't the answer.