Mass Protests Being Planned

Guest SaveOurOwls

Guest Mossy

So just out of interest, is this protest purely because we have made a massive profit on a player, or is it because the board has signed us 7 new players the majority of which are a lot better than we had last year?

So just out of interest, is this protest purely because we have made a massive profit on a player, or is it because the board has signed us 7 new players the majority of which are a lot better than we had last year?

Neither for me, its about the last 10-15 years (the majority the same board). Apologies if you were actually being sarcastic.

Mainly because not enough people got on board.

Every time a protest discussion comes up you always get the same arguments. You've got one set of supporters who I guess believe in revolution from the inside and will do everything in their power to create change, Whether that be join Wednesdayite, write letters, volunteer in some capacity or indeed protest. Then you've got the others who believe that no matter how bad things get, you simply can't change things in life, and what is most important is to "get behind the lads", turn up to every game, have their tea, grumble a bit and then go to bed. The latter group's belief is fair enough, and whilst I helped to organise the out of ground protest in late 2006, I respected these people hence the OUT of ground protest. What I didn't respect however is the abuse I received from passing fans on their way to the ground.

It will come as no surprise to people that I am one of those people who do believe in protest - indeed Dave Allen did resign (faster than otherwise I believe) - sighting the pressure from fans such as myself as one of the main reasons. I believe we can't just sit back like we've always done, with protests just not big enough to avoid being branded a 'militant minority'.

Will Wednesday fans finally stand up as ONE and finally take some responsibility for their own clubs' destiny. I'd like to think so but severely doubt it.

yup.

ive been and done that but it never amounts to anything much.

prematch protests could have a negative impact on the side (and alot of fans waont want to leave the pub early for it).

post match protests are useless because if wednesday win then the fickle fans go home happy regardless of how much they supposedly want the board out.

protests on non match days are a total non starter.

Wednesday will beat Daganham & Redbridge, the sun will be shining, everyone will head for the beer gardens, and a few Kes style characters in Le Coq Spotif tracksuits will be behind the South Stand shouting Allen out. Guarded by 329 stewards.

Guest chap_owl

Whinge together, check

moan together, check

do anything about it together, nah

sit back & watch the club slowly die together...

Yeah cos if we PROTEST together then a pot of money will turn up out of the sky......

Perhaps not..but its better than doing f uc k all

The reason the majority of Wednesday fans do f uc k all, is because they are, in general, a quite sensible bunch, who realise standing outside a football ground shouting tripe at people that can't hear, and don't want to listen is a complete waste of time, time which would be better off spent in the Barrack getting served. The current board will only 'f uc k' off when someone pays em off/buys em out.

Guest chap_owl

Here's an idea. If you're a bit of a half wit.... get yourself outside the players entrance at our first game of the new season and shout stupid things at people that can't hear.

Guest Fulham Fox

We need 'sit anywhere' stands - that would sort the issues out

I agree. There's bound to be plenty of space :ph34r:

NO PROTEST before any game!

This will only place added pressure on the manager and players - if anyone feels the need to protest leave it until after the games.

It seems certain people are intent on self destruction.

ps I am not sure Grant was sold to pay the outstanding Tax, I am sure he would have gone anyway.

may be so, but he wouldn't have gone if we hadn't got relegated

Guest Fulham Fox

Protest ? No point

Nah. I remember blowing up black balloons once upon a time.

I was going to quote the Captain from a few pages back but read through the entire thread and realised it was probably the least quoteworthy piece of all.

No point protesting - get behind the new team. A lot of the lads will be new to S6 - make them feel the hairs stand up on the back of their necks and an enormous sense of pride at being at a big club and see how the football is.

No point coming on here stirring. We are not all as gullible as you might believe.

No point claiming that you know the Co-op bank's perspective on the club or anything else for that matter, you don't.

No point telling us the directors or loan-noteholders should take a haircut on the money they have put into the club, they won't , neither would I, neither would you.

No point crowing "Sack the board" until you have something credible to replace them with.

No point anyone telling us that Cloud 9 sports are credible or that nobody have a clue.

No point coming on here claiming you do not work for nobody/Cloud 9 and that you are merely stating your opinion which you are free to do etc..etc..

No point

Just thought I would make a few points.

Edited by Fulham Fox

No point protesting - get behind the new team. A lot of the lads will be new to S6 - make them feel the hairs stand up on the back of their necks and an enormous sense of pride at being at a big club and see how the football is.

No point starting on a false premise - the atmosphere's poo poo and so is the football club. They need to get used to hearing a few boos cos they will be aimed in their direction before the season's out........

No point starting on a false premise - the atmosphere's poo poo and so is the football club. They need to get used to hearing a few boos cos they will be aimed in their direction before the season's out........

Hopefully they will be gone long before that.

Like many other Owls fans we now despair at the depth our beloved club have sunk too. It is now time to take action to bring this to an end. The board have to be removed no longer can we sit back and let this happen.

A mass protest is being planned for the Dagenham and Redbridge game to remove the directors that have ruined our club. This effort will be coordinated throiugh Twitter follow us @SaveOurOwls and visit us at http://saveourowls.yolasite.com/

The time for action is now Pass this on to as many fellow Owls as possible

how will replace the current regime then?

Mainly because not enough people got on board.

Every time a protest discussion comes up you always get the same arguments. You've got one set of supporters who I guess believe in revolution from the inside and will do everything in their power to create change, Whether that be join Wednesdayite, write letters, volunteer in some capacity or indeed protest. Then you've got the others who believe that no matter how bad things get, you simply can't change things in life, and what is most important is to "get behind the lads", turn up to every game, have their tea, grumble a bit and then go to bed. The latter group's belief is fair enough, and whilst I helped to organise the out of ground protest in late 2006, I respected these people hence the OUT of ground protest. What I didn't respect however is the abuse I received from passing fans on their way to the ground.

It will come as no surprise to people that I am one of those people who do believe in protest - indeed Dave Allen did resign (faster than otherwise I believe) - sighting the pressure from fans such as myself as one of the main reasons. I believe we can't just sit back like we've always done, with protests just not big enough to avoid being branded a 'militant minority'.

Will Wednesday fans finally stand up as ONE and finally take some responsibility for their own clubs' destiny. I'd like to think so but severely doubt it.

Spot on.