Mass Protests Being Planned

Guest SaveOurOwls

Guest Fulham Fox

Wouldn't a Facebook group show who set it up?

Anyway C9S tried Facebook last time round and got about 4 genuine members the rest were made up of friends and family! :biggrin:

Good point, well made :wink:

Guest aj_owl

Can I protest about protesters who dont know what to protest about ?

Cos unless you havre a viable alternative, dont bother, cos it seems no one else gives a flip....

I DONT KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!!

Guest Deleted member

I DONT KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!!

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Remind me - where is that line from its driving me mad...

Is it See No Evil, Hear No Evil?

Like many other Owls fans we now despair at the depth our beloved club have sunk too. It is now time to take action to bring this to an end. The board have to be removed no longer can we sit back and let this happen.

A mass protest is being planned for the Dagenham and Redbridge game to remove the directors that have ruined our club. This effort will be coordinated throiugh Twitter follow us @SaveOurOwls and visit us at http://saveourowls.yolasite.com/

The time for action is now Pass this on to as many fellow Owls as possible

Do us all a favour and take down that site. It's embarassing and poo . If you really are serious...

a) put some effort in

b) have the balls to say who you are

Many thanks

I will be there. I am sick to the back teeth of OUR club being a national laughing stock for more years than I care to remember. Any protests will be outside the stadium anyway so all this crap about putting the players off is irrelevant anyway.

The board are in my opinion, not fit to be in charge of our club, and will exercise my freedom of speech to protest. And I know it will probably make no difference, but if don't try you don't succeed.

So far we've had flash mob postings then denials that anyone of them was connected .

If this grooming and stirring up of the 'schools out' element on here and twitbook ends in some sort of trouble will the originators be identified ?

Yawnnnn. Won't achieve anything. Doubt it will have a negative effect on the players mind but why waste your breath when it clearly won't remove the board. Oh well, at least you tried whilst the rest of us stayed in the pub.

However the mystical 'remember the AGM' chanter from the sack the board mk 1 protest was quality. Is that vid still knocking around, anyone?

Guest billsaja

Wouldn't a Facebook group show who set it up?

Anyway C9S tried Facebook last time round and got about 4 genuine members the rest were made up of friends and family! :biggrin:

I just gave you a +1 rating.

Forwards together indeed!

Guest billsaja

Quick point or two.

I know I only write "pounds" out in full when I am typing from a US keyboard..........................so that and the fact that no-one in the UK knows or uses Yola makes me convinced this was set up stateside.............and the tone is exactly that of Club9. Even reading the single page by some anonymous person, that person's agenda is not "save our club" it is "accept an investment offer" from (apparently) one of Ken Bates (really?), Dennis Hobson or Club 9.

Can some old git on here (Grandad) please clarify that the Save Our Owls campaign was not in the late 70s but rather around the time I was born - 72/73/74 era? I checked with my old man and he certainly doesn't remember any Save Our Owls campaign in the late 70s, and thinks maybe some newcomer to the Wednesday scene just assumed this happened when we were languishing in the lower reaches of the FL, but that in fact a real Wednesday fan would have at least asked around and checked before posting

Lastly GleAmites, no-one on OT (at least those of us who have been here more than 6 months) give a poo poo about our "Reputation Rating" so giving your own posts +s and any anti-nobody posts -s is just pathetic. Did 5 regular normal posters really think Grandad's first response here deserves a -, and was the OP worth +17 (given all of 25 people have bothered to sign up on Twitter, I somehow doubt it). Maybe if pro-Club 9/nobody posters give each other enough + points the Board will leave? That said, I am going to +1 Donny all the way.

Edited by billsaja

Like many other Owls fans we now despair at the depth our beloved club have sunk too. It is now time to take action to bring this to an end. The board have to be removed no longer can we sit back and let this happen.

A mass protest is being planned for the Dagenham and Redbridge game to remove the directors that have ruined our club. This effort will be coordinated throiugh Twitter follow us @SaveOurOwls and visit us at http://saveourowls.yolasite.com/

The time for action is now Pass this on to as many fellow Owls as possible

I haven't read this thread all the way through, so if this has been pointed out I apologise.

That website is terrible - pale blue on a white background? Can't read a thing. Probably the same for any Wednesday fan over 45.

Quick point or two.

I know I only write "pounds" out in full when I am typing from a US keyboard..........................so that and the fact that no-one in the UK knows or uses Yola makes me convinced this was set up stateside.............and the tone is exactly that of Club9. Even reading the single page by some anonymous person, that person's agenda is not "save our club" it is "accept an investment offer" from (apparently) one of Ken Bates (really?), Dennis Hobson or Club 9.

Can some old git on here (Grandad) please clarify that the Save Our Owls campaign was not in the late 70s but rather around the time I was born - 72/73/74 era? I checked with my old man and he certainly doesn't remember any Save Our Owls campaign in the late 70s, and thinks maybe some newcomer to the Wednesday scene just assumed this happened when we were languishing in the lower reaches of the FL, but that in fact a real Wednesday fan would have at least asked around and checked before posting

Lastly GleAmites, no-one on OT (at least those of us who have been here more than 6 months) give a poo poo about our "Reputation Rating" so giving your own posts +s and any anti-nobody posts -s is just pathetic. Did 5 regular normal posters really think Grandad's first response here deserves a -, and was the OP worth +17 (given all of 25 people have bothered to sign up on Twitter, I somehow doubt it). Maybe if pro-Club 9/nobody posters give each other enough + points the Board will leave? That said, I am going to +1 Donny all the way.

Being an old git (I left school in 74) I remember the advertising campaign in the sheffield star. I can't be sure but I thought it was early. Seventies. There was a massive article in the star at the time. Was it around the time we almost slipped into the 4th division?

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest Deleted member

I'm only doing this from memory, but I thought it was 1976.

If it was 1976 I would only have been 7 at the time ph34r.gif so my recollection could be hazy, however I do recall my parka with the fur round the hood having a Save Our Owls sticker on it...

Where's kivo when you need him?

Regardless of when it was though, people are falling fir this poo poo. Guy in the pub last night asked if I was joining the massive protest. When I said there wasn't one, it's all done by people trying to cause trouble he said no, it's all over facebook and it's gonna be massive. I asked what the aim was and apparently the board are getting sacked.