Be careful what you wish for

Guest billsaja

Totally agree 100% with most of this, the fan base of this club is falling apart and part of it (again, in my most humble of opinions) is because of the lack of clear direction from above (not you, Lee, but above you). What you have undertaken in the past 18 months is a LONG TERM strategy to benefit this club, and the things you have implemented (ground redevelopment, changes to ticketing etc) are going to reap rewards over the long term.

For those people buying in to this vision, myself included, all I would ask is that the people who hold the power at the club, the owners, back that vision properly, investment or no investment.

I for one would be far more inclined to dig in to my pocket if I knew the money was going towards the long term future of the club and not just to fund loan repayments to ex-directors, the same ex-directors who (from what I have heard) might have engaged in practices not becoming of this great club.

If DA, KA, GH et al really believe in this new dawn, it is time for them to put it in writing.

Not sure how you could be upset by this notion. If fans are to buy in to a revolution, it is only right and proper that they know it has a real chance of succeeding and cannot be taken away on a whim by the Faceless ones.

Until that time, posters on here and fools elsewhere will believe that a squeaky wheel gets the oil and that they can continue to destablise things.

That's all

What makes you think these guys are still calling the shots :rolleyes:

Guest billsaja

Hi Bills,

I actually agree with your sentiments as far as stability and getting the faceless wonders to commit to our future.

But what are you up to?

Way too convenient you turning up out of the Blue again.

Trying to get express my strongly felt opinion that it is all well and good the fans supporting LS but that the Board should too. It's been 18 months now, if I had an agenda or investors lined up, don't you think you'd know by now.

That said, paranoia is healthy, part of the reason I think it is time to just back LS once and for all, to put an end to it.

Guest billsaja

What makes you think these guys are still calling the shots :rolleyes:

Well they still own the majority of "active" shares, so stands to reason doesn't it?

its a shame that there isn't a boardroom section to keep crap like this in there!

Speak for yourself.

Best thread on here by far at the minute.

Beats talking about the poo on the pitch anyday. Only so many times you can discuss how dire we are.

Edited by Mr Farrell

Trying to get express my strongly felt opinion that it is all well and good the fans supporting LS but that the Board should too. It's been 18 months now, if I had an agenda or investors lined up, don't you think you'd know by now.

That said, paranoia is healthy, part of the reason I think it is time to just back LS once and for all, to put an end to it.

Nice to hear that.

Why the hostilities from Lee though?

Are you talking out of turn again?

Guest Ripley Owl

*yawn*

If my posts offend you so much, then why don't you stop reading them. . .

I actually just post MY views, and they're not part of some "agenda" or "somebody to hold hands with"

BUT if we are going by such logic then:

You, Ripley, are nothing more than a brownnosing c u n t, who along with the rest of the pro-Strafford brigade, continually jip off and belittle anyone who has a slightly different opinion to yours, or your messiah.

Not quite sure what you mean by "sort your life out"

I am at University, which I imagine to someone as narrow minded as you, is probably a huge problem.

I would respect most people who have the endeavour to better themself at university but unfortunately for you i think you are a little nob who always hangs onto negative posters coat tails.

Obviously that is your choice to bring down the good name of most of the other Toplads at university.

Oh and if you were a true Wednesday fan you would be totally different to how you are, i would expect when a fight breaks out, you would be the one hiding under the table and the next day you would tell all your mates how you sorted it, single handed !

Most of the people who run this country have been to university or better, so i would never undermine the good it does for the country, but every now and then a little jump start like you thinks he is better than other people, because of.

I never went to university but i have a business and i employ 120 people, so STOP TRYING TO BE THE BIG i AM AND GET ON WITH SUPPORTING THE OWLS ! :biggrin:

Does anyone need a nice Mug of Tea and a Chorley Cake...?

Biscuit anyone...?

Anyway, latest odds now LS has entered the fray...

1 Day 200/1 N/A

2 Days 125/1 33/1

3 Days 100/1 4/1

4 Days 100/1 4/1

5 Days 80/1 6/1

6 Days 75/1 6/1

7 Days 50/1 12/1

Week 1 33/1 20/1

Week 2 10/1 12/1

Week 3 7/4 4/1

Week 4 7/2 5/1

> 1 Month 6/1 10/1

WSO looking good, mate...!

Can you put me down for a tenner at 2 days as well........best cover me arse.

Guest billsaja

Nice to hear that.

Why the hostilities from Lee though?

Are you talking out of turn again?

Don't think it takes much to make Lee hostile, but hey, a bit of passion is no bad thing (if only there was the same rabid dog mentality on the field from the shambles that pull on the shirts!).

Lee unfortunately seems to buy in to the view that everyone on here who disagrees with the majority must by definition have some type of agenda. It is this kind of issue (magnified by the fact that this site is essentially irrelevant in the grand scheme of things) that persuades me more than ever that where it is possible to extinguish doubt, the club should do so as far as possible.

One such way would be to back the new vision for the club in a manner that it does not rely on the benevolent generousity of one person giving up his time for free. Another would be for the club itself - not the CEO/Chairman, but the actual owners - to outline their vision to the fans and back that vision with action, whether that be money, securing key personnel or whatever.

As far as I can tell all I have done in the past 20 months on here is share views and opinions that, for whatever reason, time has shown to be right, whether that be the validity (or otherwise) of certain takeover candidates at various clubs - and will be shown right again re. Cattermole at Pompey - or the financial situations of clubs.....and again think that time will bear me out at Preston for example.......

I am not interested in bidding for, putting together groups to buy, nor being part of running football clubs. God knows looking at the stress that has caused for our current Chairman and the detriment the whole fiasco must have caused Mr. Sheard and his family, who would really be mad enough to want that position. I make a very comfortable living and the only football club I am involved in the running of is my son's under 13s team for which I serve as Treasurer, which pays me all the orange squash I can drink and an occasional sandwich or two.

On a totally non-football related note, I had the pleasure of being a guest of a good friend in Capetown over the Chrimbo hols and let me tell you, those Brai's you keep harping on about are a great way to spend an evening knowing the northern hemisphere is being battered by snow and storms!

*yawn*

I am at University, which I imagine to someone as narrow minded as you, is probably a huge problem.

OFFS

A Fookin' Student...!

I was just beginning to like you as well...!

Maybe not M Royds but at least you are clever enough to understand people, Topman well done mate ! :biggrin:

That's the problem! I don't really understand people. If I did I wouldn't be tapping away at this keyboard pretending to know this, that and t'other. Is easy for us not ITK to be critical but the reality most of us haven't got a clue.

You have to admire these guys that can manage people effectively, get the best out of them and build empires of prosperity. Hope Lee can do that with us.

Trouble is I think he needs time, space and energy. I, (like any other Wed'ite want this to happen yesterday). God knows how older Wed'ites feel, thinking to themselves, "we are a big club and should be competeing and I hope we can do this before my maker calls".

Guest billsaja

Maybe its them who should be copping all the flak then,instead of Lee.

Absolutely - people on here have been daft enough to challenge Lee to put his money in to the club - for what? He owns no shares, why should he? The people who own over 40% of the club collectively should be the ones we are banging on at to stump up a few sheckels to fund a loan signing or two. Football club budgets are based on net income, and there are several on the Board who could either contribute to the Income side of the balance sheet or at least reduce the liabilities/expenditures column which would have a positive effect on our budget and perhaps reduce the reliance on ST sales and the long-suffering and by-and-large financially disadvantaged fan in these economic times.

I would respect most people who have the endeavour to better themself at university but unfortunately for you i think you are a little nob who always hangs onto negative posters coat tails.

Obviously that is your choice to bring down the good name of most of the other Toplads at university.

Oh and if you were a true Wednesday fan you would be totally different to how you are, i would expect when a fight breaks out, you would be the one hiding under the table and the next day you would tell all your mates how you sorted it, single handed !

Most of the people who run this country have been to university or better, so i would never undermine the good it does for the country, but every now and then a little jump start like you thinks he is better than other people, because of.

I never went to university but i have a business and i employ 120 people, so STOP TRYING TO BE THE BIG i AM AND GET ON WITH SUPPORTING THE OWLS ! :biggrin:

I don't think iam better than anyone on here*, but hey read into my posts what you think. *apart from Cardiff Owl

I do enjoy the fact that you manage to character assasinate people on the basis of negative posting.

As for the "fight breaks out" bit WTF are you on about?!!

This whole hangs onto "negative posters coat tails" post was actually put by Dun Owl or something, so in theory its you who is hanging onto the coat tails of what someone else said.

Edited by SiJ

*yawn*

If my posts offend you so much, then why don't you stop reading them. . .

I actually just post MY views, and they're not part of some "agenda" or "somebody to hold hands with"

BUT if we are going by such logic then:

You, Ripley, are nothing more than a brownnosing c u n t, who along with the rest of the pro-Strafford brigade, continually jip off and belittle anyone who has a slightly different opinion to yours, or your messiah.

Not quite sure what you mean by "sort your life out"

Ripley has a point.........all you post regarding LS is one line digs, we've got the message, you're not his biggest fan, we know now.

If you want to keep digging then expect some backlash because it's tedious and gets us nowhere.

Glaser peeps through the slightly ajar door....

He sees grown men, bare chested, thumping out signals of strength akin to a gorilla.

He decides to stay well clear of this little room !! Bloody hell

Guest billsaja

I don't think iam better than anyone on here*, but hey read into my posts what you think. *apart from Cardiff Owl

I do enjoy the fact that you manage to character assasinate people on the basis of negative posting.

As for the "fight breaks out" bit WTF are you on about?!!

This whole hangs onto "negative posters coat tails" post was actually put by Dun Owl or something, so in theory its you who is hanging onto the coat tails of what someone else said.

Ladies please, take it outside.

If you are going to fight, at least somewhere in the post could you make comment on the topic, which is that the people calling for LS to leave should be careful of what they wish for, and actually the best course of action for the CLUB would be to back his vision with action rather than expecting the fans to do it unilaterally in these uncertain times.

There, used clever university words just for you SiJ