Be careful what you wish for

Guest billsaja

Guest Sniper1

It's no more than I expected from LS to honest..I offended him and he's given it back with bells on.

Time will only tell if my misgivings are without foundation, and I sincerely hope they are. Maybe my concerns are routed in the downward spiral the team is in; would I be worrying about LS's character and attitude if we were comfortably sat in mid table?.

We all know our league position is shuffle, we all know some of our players don't give a flip, just what is Lee Strafford meant to do apart from get his boots out.

We are still in the recovery phase from the last decade of complete dross, success does'nt happen over night, ups and downs all the way.

Now is not the time to start blaming people, the damage was done along time ago, either get on board or keep wallowing in self pity.

Surely we can muster up enough drive between us to do our bit.

These are the times when we are needed the most. :rolleyes:

WTID

I didn't say i was embarrassed to (1)support Sheffield Wednesday, i said i was embarrassed to be a (2)Wednesdayite.

(1) A football supporter of Sheffield Wednesday F.C.

(2) Part of a deluded, clueless fanbase.

So glad that this site isn't a true reflection of our fanbase

post-13959-1267555750_thumb.jpg

Are you feeling OK?

Guest billsaja

OD

Asking you to stop being a miserable sod cause the apathy and destructive negativity that has become entrenched in our fanbase this past 15 years and which is as big a driver as what may happen on the pitch* is not an insult, it's Leadership.

The post you just made is just plain mardiness and having a pop, get a grip man.

* in case we hadn't all yet noticed we have not recruited all of this squad based on strong policies around medical histories or based around needing the mental strength to play at S6 and we also have quite a few young development players in our squad all of which means they need us to lift them no matter how much we wish that weren't the case right now (and it won't be after at least a couple of years of squad development) it is. Yes I get that we have been let down at times but that is a reflection of how the club and the football side of things were run over the years.

As to the great Bills.

You have no credibility left, your agenda is clear and proven as so the last time you scuttled off. Againwith the snide remarks wrapped around your well informed observations............ And not it's not Well documented that I insult fans, it's well documented that I tackle crappy behaviour mostly from 3rd parties but sadly sometimes from real live actual Wednesdayites.

The desperation he referrs to is driven by me watching us fall apart as a fanbase during our first big test since we got our club back, and this mental and financial backing away could not have come at a worse time when not everyone at SWFC wanted to move away from the old business plan of running on a relegation budget and chipping away at the debt. When the bank will be swayed by fans giving up. At a time when we are l supposed to be pulling together to fight the relegation battle we have all been in since December, and when we still have real and clean potential investors persuing a deal.

Regards

Lee

Totally agree 100% with most of this, the fan base of this club is falling apart and part of it (again, in my most humble of opinions) is because of the lack of clear direction from above (not you, Lee, but above you). What you have undertaken in the past 18 months is a LONG TERM strategy to benefit this club, and the things you have implemented (ground redevelopment, changes to ticketing etc) are going to reap rewards over the long term.

For those people buying in to this vision, myself included, all I would ask is that the people who hold the power at the club, the owners, back that vision properly, investment or no investment.

I for one would be far more inclined to dig in to my pocket if I knew the money was going towards the long term future of the club and not just to fund loan repayments to ex-directors, the same ex-directors who (from what I have heard) might have engaged in practices not becoming of this great club.

If DA, KA, GH et al really believe in this new dawn, it is time for them to put it in writing.

Not sure how you could be upset by this notion. If fans are to buy in to a revolution, it is only right and proper that they know it has a real chance of succeeding and cannot be taken away on a whim by the Faceless ones.

Until that time, posters on here and fools elsewhere will believe that a squeaky wheel gets the oil and that they can continue to destablise things.

That's all

Totally agree 100% with most of this, the fan base of this club is falling apart and part of it (again, in my most humble of opinions) is because of the lack of clear direction from above (not you, Lee, but above you). What you have undertaken in the past 18 months is a LONG TERM strategy to benefit this club, and the things you have implemented (ground redevelopment, changes to ticketing etc) are going to reap rewards over the long term.

For those people buying in to this vision, myself included, all I would ask is that the people who hold the power at the club, the owners, back that vision properly, investment or no investment.

I for one would be far more inclined to dig in to my pocket if I knew the money was going towards the long term future of the club and not just to fund loan repayments to ex-directors, the same ex-directors who (from what I have heard) might have engaged in practices not becoming of this great club.

If DA, KA, GH et al really believe in this new dawn, it is time for them to put it in writing.

Not sure how you could be upset by this notion. If fans are to buy in to a revolution, it is only right and proper that they know it has a real chance of succeeding and cannot be taken away on a whim by the Faceless ones.

Until that time, posters on here and fools elsewhere will believe that a squeaky wheel gets the oil and that they can continue to destablise things.

That's all

I don't think that will happen from him?

Chesterfield are his club now.

But agree with what you're implying.

post-13959-1267558370_thumb.jpg

Do you actually have an opinion on anything.

Only that you're a very confusing poster!

As regarding not having an opinion on anything, you're probably right, except that I'm never embarressed to be a Wednesdayite. That's really the only cold, hard opinion I hold.

Guest Ripley Owl

I geuss he didn't call Banno a "clown" or "troll".

Quite possibly the greatest insults ever.

Have you got an agenda, you are a negative prat who always needs somebody to hold hands with, sort your life out !

Guest billsaja

Just demonstrates lazy British Journalism, or a quiet newsday, that this was overlooked.

Bill, you seem to be itk :ph34r: Do you know what our Geoff is doing? Last bit of news he was up for the Geordies but gone quite now?

Well he PMed me within 10 seconds of my mentioning Far Canal on here, so guessing he passes his days reading this site amidst his other business ventures.

There should be a "Hall of Fame" for these guys nowadays. Geoff could start it. Portsmouth could fill it.

Guest Far Canal

Just demonstrates lazy British Journalism, or a quiet newsday, that this was overlooked.

Bill, you seem to be itk :ph34r: Do you know what our Geoff is doing? Last bit of news he was up for the Geordies but gone quite now?

You seem to know everything else?

Guest Ripley Owl

You should never embarresed to be a Wednesdayite!

That open to opinion?

When managing a situation, I suppose Lee does that, you have to have the skill to identify appropriate communication to get your message across. Some need a rocket up their backside, some need threats and some need an arm around the shoulder, espesially if they are you customer.

Personally, I have grown use to Lee's style of communication and find it water off a ducks back. however, some find it clearly confrontation and uncomfortable.

But then again, whom I to talk. I have not managed to build businesses up, manage people, and in my unknown comfortable cyber identity I can make these comments.

Maybe not M Royds but at least you are clever enough to understand people, Topman well done mate ! :biggrin:

Guest Ripley Owl

It's no more than I expected from LS to honest..I offended him and he's given it back with bells on.

Time will only tell if my misgivings are without foundation, and I sincerely hope they are. Maybe my concerns are routed in the downward spiral the team is in; would I be worrying about LS's character and attitude if we were comfortably sat in mid table?.

At least you are honest amigo !

Have you got an agenda, you are a negative prat who always needs somebody to hold hands with, sort your life out !

*yawn*

If my posts offend you so much, then why don't you stop reading them. . .

I actually just post MY views, and they're not part of some "agenda" or "somebody to hold hands with"

BUT if we are going by such logic then:

You, Ripley, are nothing more than a brownnosing c u n t, who along with the rest of the pro-Strafford brigade, continually jip off and belittle anyone who has a slightly different opinion to yours, or your messiah.

Not quite sure what you mean by "sort your life out"

I am at University, which I imagine to someone as narrow minded as you, is probably a huge problem.

Edited by SiJ

*yawn*

If my posts offend you so much, then why don't you stop reading them. . .

I actually just post MY views, and they're not part of some "agenda" or "somebody to hold hands with"

BUT if we are going by such logic then:

You, Ripley, are nothing more than a brownnosing c u n t, who along with the rest of the pro-Strafford brigade, continually jip off and belittle anyone who has a slightly different opinion to yours, or your messiah.

Not quite sure what you mean by "sort your life out"

I am at University, which I imagine to someone as narrow minded as you, is probably a huge problem.

Don't mince your words or skirt round the houses. Just say what you think.

:laugh: