Be careful what you wish for

Guest billsaja

Guest Sniper1

I am actually embarrassed to be a Wednesdayite, whatever happened to the normal everyday football supporter?

Lee is right, all this poo being spouted is doing what to help our club?

Bills, George what do you have to gain?

Sorry Lee but you appear to be having one now!

I know I'm probably deemed as a happy clapper but it's hardly a 'slanging match' is it? No insults, no sign of increasing blood pressure, threats, name calling.......

**claps hands rapidly**

Edited by enigmamedusa

Does anyone need a nice Mug of Tea and a Chorley Cake...?

Biscuit anyone...?

Anyway, latest odds now LS has entered the fray...

1 Day 200/1 N/A

2 Days 125/1 33/1

3 Days 100/1 4/1

4 Days 100/1 4/1

5 Days 80/1 6/1

6 Days 75/1 6/1

7 Days 50/1 12/1

Week 1 33/1 20/1

Week 2 10/1 12/1

Week 3 7/4 4/1

Week 4 7/2 5/1

> 1 Month 6/1 10/1

WSO looking good, mate...!

I am actually embarrassed to be a Wednesdayite, whatever happened to the normal everyday football supporter?

Simply rest assured that its all a storm in a fookin' teacup, cos the vast majority of owls fans don't read all this crap...if they did, posts from most protagonists would be more circumspect

ANYWAY, BACK ON

Posted Image

Dear Lee

Whilst I sometimes wonder about the appropriateness of your retorts to some on here, I think I would be quite comfortable if you had been less eloquent with old bile-boy and just told him to get fcuked...!

But that's just my opinion...

Regards

MICK

You should never embarresed to be a Wednesdayite!

I know I'm probably deemed as a happy clapper but it's hardly a 'slanging match' is it? No insults, no sign of increasing blood pressure, threats, name calling.......

**claps hands rapidly**

That open to opinion?

When managing a situation, I suppose Lee does that, you have to have the skill to identify appropriate communication to get your message across. Some need a rocket up their backside, some need threats and some need an arm around the shoulder, espesially if they are you customer.

Personally, I have grown use to Lee's style of communication and find it water off a ducks back. however, some find it clearly confrontation and uncomfortable.

But then again, whom I to talk. I have not managed to build businesses up, manage people, and in my unknown comfortable cyber identity I can make these comments.

That open to opinion?

When managing a situation, I suppose Lee does that, you have to have the skill to identify appropriate communication to get your message across. Some need a rocket up their backside, some need threats and some need an arm around the shoulder, espesially if they are you customer.

Personally, I have grown use to Lee's style of communication and find it water off a ducks back. however, some find it clearly confrontation and uncomfortable.

But then again, whom I to talk. I have not managed to build businesses up, manage people, and in my unknown comfortable cyber identity I can make these comments.

Fair points, but I suppose it's difficult to judge whether to use arm around the shoulder or a rocket when you're talking to so many people at once. Plus on forums you can always take something the wrong way as there is very little tone compared to speaking.

Also and this is probably something for another thread, but I hate all this customer talk. I know that technically it is correct, but I'm not a customer. A customer can walk away, change brand loyalty, has no emotional involvement. It just sounds so hands off and unconnected.

I know roger all about it either so we're in the same boat :biggrin:

Edited by enigmamedusa

Guest Sniper1

You should never embarresed to be a Wednesdayite!

You have to be a Wednesdayite to understand.

I don't give a bol lox if we win lose or draw, relegated or promoted, it is why we all loved football in the first place.

Owlstalk the site for Sheffield Wednesday

post-13959-1267554848_thumb.jpg

I geuss he didn't call Banno a "clown" or "troll".

Quite possibly the greatest insults ever.

Clown yes, but Troll! Isn't that an acceptable internet slang.

He said he was "off his tree" which, to me, implies that he is unintelligent, thick, irrational?

I suppose some would find it insulting/slagging off. I wouldn't as it can be an everyday day term, but I wouldn't say to a stranger, "you're off your tree". I would say something like (in a cockney accent) "You're having a laugh"! :biggrin:

Fair points, but I suppose it's difficult to judge whether to use arm around the shoulder or a rocket when you're talking to so many people at once. Plus on forums you can always take something the wrong way as there is very little tone compared to speaking.

Also and this is probably something for another thread, but I hate all this customer talk. I know that technically it is correct, but I'm not a customer. A customer can walk away, change brand loyalty, has no emotional involvement. It just sounds so hands off and unconnected.

I know roger all about it either so we're in the same boat :biggrin:

Exactly!

You have to be a Wednesdayite to understand.

I don't give a bol lox if we win lose or draw, relegated or promoted, it is why we all loved football in the first place.

Owlstalk the site for Sheffield Wednesday

post-13959-1267554848_thumb.jpg

I do give a bol ox when we win lose or draw, relegated or promoted.

Still never embarress's me to support them.

Its fookin' laughable how many Owls fans on here suddenly become experts on the nasdeq and footsie or whatever, when certain folk post...

means **** all.....experts on stocks an' shares who think Purse plays up front, and experts on 442 an' offside who suddenly are investin' in pork belly futures...

Damning the current incumbents with faint praise, and praising faintly the last incumbents along with stories of the..what is it?..4 matches you have actually attended in the last year...

Round and round we fvckin' go.....

Guest Sniper1

I do give a bol ox when we win lose or draw, relegated or promoted.

Still never embarress's me to support them.

I didn't say i was embarrassed to (1)support Sheffield Wednesday, i said i was embarrassed to be a (2)Wednesdayite.

(1) A football supporter of Sheffield Wednesday F.C.

(2) Part of a deluded, clueless fanbase.

So glad that this site isn't a true reflection of our fanbase

post-13959-1267555750_thumb.jpg

Clown yes, but Troll! Isn't that an acceptable internet slang.

He said he was "off his tree" which, to me, implies that he is unintelligent, thick, irrational?

I suppose some would find it insulting/slagging off. I wouldn't as it can be an everyday day term, but I wouldn't say to a stranger, "you're off your tree". I would say something like (in a cockney accent) "You're having a laugh"! :biggrin:

It's no more than I expected from LS to honest..I offended him and he's given it back with bells on.

Time will only tell if my misgivings are without foundation, and I sincerely hope they are. Maybe my concerns are routed in the downward spiral the team is in; would I be worrying about LS's character and attitude if we were comfortably sat in mid table?.