Be careful what you wish for

Guest billsaja

Guest billsaja

There is no doubt that Bills is always interesting. But since we're on the verge of a virtual group hug and getting it all out before all moving forward together again with our new t-shirts, it's interesting how many digs and little nuggets of ITK is sneaked in.

If this is a give "LS a five year tenure" thread why the countless digs (Chairman insults customers; not getting a s/t despite can clearly afford it; mention of spin; missed deadlines) and rubbishing of investment, even if you don't think it's going to happen there is a way to put it across. The matter of fact of course they've got no money almost implies everyone else involved in the deal is some kind of short sighted fool. Even if you're right (and you've got a decent track record to be fair) there is a underlying insult in there.

I'm not trying to take a pop Bills, but there's no doubt you're a mentalist. Just a clever one, but I suppose at least you're our mentalist and it takes our mind off the football.

I feel better now.

How's things with you, apart from the football? :biggrin:

C9S never said they had money. They are out raising it, fairly frantically it seems too.

I think it is pretty well documented that LS insults fans, but then hey, he's one himself, he's allowed to wear both hats. I am not buying an ST because (as stated here) I only went to 4 home games this year, so it makes no sense.

But in the right light I do look a bit like Simon Baker, so I'll take it.

Apart from football, brill, new one on the way, due May 22nd. Hope you're doing well too.

SS

No, but they were in financial straits last year and will be again on or around November 14th of this year, at a wild guess.

Bolton are in real trouble, they just have Allan Stafford-esque accountants.

Watford have a £7.5m rights issue about to go - a fabulously wealthy major shareholder - and unwilling seller who won't let the club go into admin (like he just prevented) and a couple of multi millionairre lifelong fans waiting to pounce

The fact their shareholder doesn't need the money and wants a return on his investment - and is prepared to wait is protecting them.

I expect more games of brinkmanship maybe - but no genuine drama

I was thinking more a contract with a huge early severance clause. If there's one thing our Board knows how to write, it's those (right KW?)

In another thread somewhere LS has set his wage at £200K which I think is very reasonable, the huge severance is a very good idea with the people we have in control.

Best way to devalue a company is to make it appear cheap, unstable, vunerable. Right now, investment or not, we need strong, clear leadership and direction, and LS offers that. So why not just put that in writing SWFC - LS until 2013/14/15 and put an end to any nonsense. Then we, the fans, will know we are backing LS, not GH, KA etc.

You want my money next season SWFC, make it clear I am paying my money to the vision of the man who is the Fan, not the men who sued the fans.

I find it disturbing agreeing with everything the Bills are saying :biggrin: and is something I have been banging on about for a while now.

It's nice to see the Bills have been brought out of their box as its always a sign that something is about to happen.

Just one question Bills. The bold bit above who benefits from devaluing the club and why??

Oh and nice to have you back Bills.

I read with interest all the comments on here from all sides the happy clappy Lee brigade, the Lee out brigade and then the agenda brigade.

People need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. The facts are important. 2 years ago we were in dire straights. We had a board that were stagnant, a club living in the past, a dwindling fan base, a very poor team playing poor football and a stadium that frankly was in need of some much need TLC.

Were are we now. Actually further forward than people might imagine. We have a board that are being proactive, yes they make mistakes and yes they are still learning but at least they are trying to move forward, there has been real progress in the background of the club but this won't change things overnight in reality it's only been 12 months, I would say lets not talk about possible investment and the supporters have to understand that there will be no news on investment and apart from a privileged few no one knows what is happening. Lets lay our stall out on that basis, The Stadium is slowly being turned round plans moving forward look interesting and with luck the grand old lady will have a complete makeover in 5 years or so. On the playing side, mmm Mr Irvine is playing with with both hands tied behind his back. Not in money terms but in terms that some of the players he has inherited are either not interested or not good enough. This can't be changed until the end of the season. what does this mean. Well in reality as it stands there is a better than even chance we may go down. MMMM well I can here slitting of wrists already. If we go down what happens well apart from been in a lower league not much changes, we will still pull 20k support each weak and in reality probably more if we win games and have a good season, It just might interest investment in that the valuation of the club may be lower with still a solid base to work from. Administration is not an option for lots of reasons and Mr S has set some of these things out.

So rant over. Keep the faith that the plan is long term

Remember a great man once said "Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future."

Lets stop overreacting. Lets do this with honour and our heads held high and lets shout from the roofs we are wednesday till we die

UTO

Guest AnotherOwl

Investment or not, LS15.

Also, seeing as he is not getting a salary, Lee should be allowed to help himself to pens and hats at the shop.

If Billy is right,which in the past he has proved to be so generally,why doesn't LS come off he pot and tell us that investment is still as far away as ever.

To do with ST sales? which by the way are disasterous by all accounts

already bought my ST for next year but awaits the usual insult from LS.

If Billy is right,which in the past he has proved to be so generally,why doesn't LS come off he pot and tell us that investment is still as far away as ever.

To do with ST sales? which by the way are disasterous by all accounts

already bought my ST for next year but awaits the usual insult from LS.

OD

Asking you to stop being a miserable sod cause the apathy and destructive negativity that has become entrenched in our fanbase this past 15 years and which is as big a driver as what may happen on the pitch* is not an insult, it's Leadership.

The post you just made is just plain mardiness and having a pop, get a grip man.

* in case we hadn't all yet noticed we have not recruited all of this squad based on strong policies around medical histories or based around needing the mental strength to play at S6 and we also have quite a few young development players in our squad all of which means they need us to lift them no matter how much we wish that weren't the case right now (and it won't be after at least a couple of years of squad development) it is. Yes I get that we have been let down at times but that is a reflection of how the club and the football side of things were run over the years.

As to the great Bills.

You have no credibility left, your agenda is clear and proven as so the last time you scuttled off. Againwith the snide remarks wrapped around your well informed observations............ And not it's not Well documented that I insult fans, it's well documented that I tackle crappy behaviour mostly from 3rd parties but sadly sometimes from real live actual Wednesdayites.

The desperation he referrs to is driven by me watching us fall apart as a fanbase during our first big test since we got our club back, and this mental and financial backing away could not have come at a worse time when not everyone at SWFC wanted to move away from the old business plan of running on a relegation budget and chipping away at the debt. When the bank will be swayed by fans giving up. At a time when we are l supposed to be pulling together to fight the relegation battle we have all been in since December, and when we still have real and clean potential investors persuing a deal.

Regards

Lee

Mr Strafford, Lee

Please ignore the biters on here. Keep your chin up and know the majority support the direction you are taking us in. You will make mistakes everyone does, but the positive swill outway these.

Progress continues onwards. Staying stagnant is not an option

UTO

Lee is not a fan of the Bills then. :biggrin:

The Bills are very eloquent in their posts and very clever in how they word things, so is there is anything hidden in their posts that would only be picked up by Lee and those ITK????

I agree with the Bills wrt the long term stability, the securing of Lee's services for the long term and commitment from the non functioning Board.

I think everything else at this point is not important, investment, relegation etc etc.

We need to know we have the stability that Lee has brought for the long term.

Bills are you up to your old tricks :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

OD

Asking you to stop being a miserable sod cause the apathy and destructive negativity that has become entrenched in our fanbase this past 15 years and which is as big a driver as what may happen on the pitch* is not an insult, it's Leadership.

The post you just made is just plain mardiness and having a pop, get a grip man.

* in case we hadn't all yet noticed we have not recruited all of this squad based on strong policies around medical histories or based around needing the mental strength to play at S6 and we also have quite a few young development players in our squad all of which means they need us to lift them no matter how much we wish that weren't the case right now (and it won't be after at least a couple of years of squad development) it is. Yes I get that we have been let down at times but that is a reflection of how the club and the football side of things were run over the years.

As to the great Bills.

You have no credibility left, your agenda is clear and proven as so the last time you scuttled off. Againwith the snide remarks wrapped around your well informed observations............ And not it's not Well documented that I insult fans, it's well documented that I tackle crappy behaviour mostly from 3rd parties but sadly sometimes from real live actual Wednesdayites.

The desperation he referrs to is driven by me watching us fall apart as a fanbase during our first big test since we got our club back, and this mental and financial backing away could not have come at a worse time when not everyone at SWFC wanted to move away from the old business plan of running on a relegation budget and chipping away at the debt. When the bank will be swayed by fans giving up. At a time when we are l supposed to be pulling together to fight the relegation battle we have all been in since December, and when we still have real and clean potential investors persuing a deal.

Regards

Lee

Well its not clear to me even when i thought it was :blink:

He has had a pop at you and clearly he was not a fan of GS .

So who else is lurking ?

As to the great Bills.

Regards

Lee

The trouble is events have a habit of proving 'billsaja' right. You on the other hand do not have that luxury.

The trouble is events have a habit of proving 'billsaja' right. You on the other hand do not have that luxury.

Lee has done enough to earn my trust. I'd trust him more than some faceless login on a messageboard regardless of whether that login had been right in the past. Just adding balance.