Be careful what you wish for

Guest billsaja

Unless you can come up with a specific example of an investor that has been put off by the presence of LS as Chairman, then your original claim is unfounded and possibly slanderous. You cannot simply say that no investors are coming forward and LS is the reason.

There are other factors involved in the reluctance of investors coming forward most notably the share allocation issue. That is not the fault of LS. Right now, LS is last best hope of resolving this ongoing issue. I can't see a long list of alternative names who could do a better job.

No it is not. It is a fair comment that investors are often put off compannies where the executive leadership is unclear. You can't sue me for saying that so don't be childish.

I would go further and be quite comfortable in speculating that LS probably does put off specific investors. It's fair to say he may attract others too for similiar reasons. To my mind though, if someone asked me (and they have but I took it to be a purely hypothetical question) who would we need to bring in, I would say that the most important person would be an FD and I would also go for a new chairman.

Guest billsaja

I don't think anyone really thought you were that old fella. Calm down and don't worry. Anyway removing the link won't help cos a search online of your name will throw the link up anyway won't it? I'm still not sure I trust your motives, even though I've seen your track record of being right. If club9 aren't for real then it's a major hoax. Until I see proof beyond a messageboard post though I'll believe Lee. He has shown me he is for real and has the best interest of the club at heart. No offence like.

Club9 are absolutely real, they are just not investors. They source investors. Hence my perhaps ill-phrased "Sheard with a website" comment. I just meant let's not get excited about the idea of them putting their hands in their own pockets, they are not "principals" they are merchant bankers.

I have had my own disagreements on here with posters and yes indeed with Chairman Lee, but this new wave of anger and misdirected vilification of one of our own is particularly worrying.

In the next 2 or 3 weeks (apparently) a group of nameless Americans using a company with no assets in it and ever changing members/deadlines/excuses are supposed to conclude a deal (according to their leader/advisor/guy who posts on here and loves Scousers and thinks an accurate parallel to Wednesday is the Green Bay Packers).

In the meantime, the ST situation looks dire and the league position worse.

Lee, as often documented on here, came to the club without buying shares and was appointed Chairman on the basis that he was going to secure "investment" - unclear whether that was limited to outside investment or this Plan B idea of Forwards Together where we, the Consumer (FKA fan) bought in to the Brand (FKA team). And whatever spin is put on it, there have been several deadlines set or hinted at - from the opening salvo of March to the ICS introduction back in July when there were competing parties at the table.

So now that all fails, and given that Lee owns no shares, he is at the mercy of the Board (who we know read these pages).

So what happens if the Board decides the club, having failed to secure investment either from external parties or from the fans "buying in", needs a new CEO and Chairman.

The accounts show that we are short of cash and have been most fortunate to have a Chairman who works for expenses and a CEO who works for below market rates. So what happens now? We replace LS and NP with a new Chairman/CEO figure who charges the club what it would cost for 2 decent players per year.......not that any Wednesdayites under the age of 14 will understand the concept of 2 decent players, but the point remains - we get a worse (or less passionate Chairman), more upheaval, and a naturally weaker financial situation

So be careful what you wish for - LS out? Lunacy. Indeed quite a lot of what LS does smacks of someone under time pressure - the mad pleas for ST to be bought always now now now, these investment hints/plays/nonsense.

What this club needs is time for LS to put his real long term plan in place. The Board of SWFC should come out and say (oh, that's right, not their style....should allow LS to come out and say) that LS will be Chairman of SWFC through to the end of the 2015 season no matter what. Let him have the time to do the job he is obviously capable of doing without the pressures of short time swings.

LS15, you want to print up some T-shirts, wear them to games, that would be my choice (and in case Lee does leave, it can double as a Lazy Sh*t Beevers shirt).

Time for the club to give the fan a chance - LS until 2015, what do you say the Faceless Grey Entities?

Meantime, those of you who chose to blame him for everything that goes wrong, think why the guy is so desperate for a quick fix via investment or ST sales - easy to find fault, hard to find improvement. You think the Tories would have ousted Thatcher in 1989 if they knew they were going to end up with Major?

Careful what you wish for. Me, I say LS15.

Think thats what you said Bills?

Club9 are absolutely real, they are just not investors. They source investors. Hence my perhaps ill-phrased "Sheard with a website" comment. I just meant let's not get excited about the idea of them putting their hands in their own pockets, they are not "principals" they are merchant bankers.

I wasn't thinking C9S were the investors. I'm aware they are the middle men as it were. Your initial post painted them as sheard with a website. As you called sheard a fraud in as many words I'd say you were alluding to the fact that they weren't for real. I can't work you out. You seem positive and disparaging in the space of a post. Lee seems to have you pegged as a trouble causer. Others hang on your every word as gospel. Others stil, myself included, take interest in what you say but are circumspect about what to believe. FWIW I welcome your input. Don't say one thing then flip on it though cos it ruins your credibility. Sorry if this seems like a lecture but I'm sick of all the politics and intrigue.

Carry on.

For the sake of that guy, PLEASE delete that post. I can assure you I am not a 60 year old bloke from New Jersey, as can Lee and Daz whom I have spoken to and will confirm I am not American. In fact, given that I have given Lee and others my name and number and they have spoken to me, I think you are chasing a mystery that does not exist.

But since last time I had my work and home called and e-mail bombarded, perhaps you (or admin) could do the right thing and remove the guy's photo and work link? Please.

Don't mind attacks on me, used to that from the mindless wonders, but no need to bring people in to it that I doubt even know where Sheffield is, let alone who Sheffield Wednesday are.

Speaking of which, I wonder how Simon Stafford of Baker Tilly is getting on?

Oh the irony...!

Poor old 'real' SS of B-T got a right grilling from one of the National Board Members of B-T because of your lies...!

Alright, but if there's a report from the US of a bald geezer being hunted for the mindless cricket batting of an innocent Man and Van owner, it's on your head.

That said, bet they have good aerials on those American vans................

Coming from someone who posted 'Just glass the so-and-so' on owlsonline relating to good old Uncle G... Ooh the irony...!

Of course the alleged 'cricket bat' threat that you made-up was never proven as it was never made... He may be a lot of things, but he wasn't someone to make cowardly threats or incite others on the internet, like some...!

Random words for today:

FIRE

PANTS

ON

Edited by 33

Guest billsaja

Oh the irony...!

Poor old 'real' SS of B-T got a right grilling from one of the National Board Members of B-T because of your lies...!

Coming from someone who posted 'Just glass the so-and-so' on owlsonline relating to good old Uncle G... Ooh the irony...!

Of course the alleged 'cricket bat' threat that you made-up was never proven as it was never made... He may be a lot of things, but he wasn't someone to make cowardly threats or incite others on the internet, like some...!

Random words for today:

FIRE

PANTS

ON

The cricket bat threat was relayed to me by another poster on here via PM and the "glassing" threat as you like to dramatise it was a joke and about the only people who took it seriously were a couple of GS's lackies on here who tried to use it to deflect from the fact that I was spot on. GS himself has no issue with it, and knows I didn't mean it - of course all you really knew at the time was what Uncle Geoff let you, poor sausage, hence your spirited defense of Dominica Capital etc.

Random words for today :

BELIEVE

PUPPET

BLESS

The cricket bat threat was relayed to me by another poster on here via PM and the "glassing" threat as you like to dramatise it was a joke and about the only people who took it seriously were a couple of GS's lackies on here who tried to use it to deflect from the fact that I was spot on. GS himself has no issue with it, and knows I didn't mean it - of course all you really knew at the time was what Uncle Geoff let you, poor sausage, hence your spirited defense of Dominica Capital etc.

You forgot to respond to this bit Bill...

Oh the irony...!

Guest billsaja

You forgot to respond to this bit Bill...

Yes because it is completely made up, though I am sure 33 is familiar with my bosses better than me. The National Management Board is the four or five top brass at BT and they certainly do not know me and certainly do not get involved in these sorts of things, that would be for HR to deal with.

Nice try though.

Edited by billsaja

Guest thetruthisoutthere

Time for the club to give the fan a chance - LS until 2015,

2015? why such a short term contract ?

Sureley with the amount of drive, passion, vision, and enthusiasm that Lee has shown we would want him as long as possible

I certainly never want the guy to leave

2015 my @rse :laugh: 2115 for me

So who are you then Bill?

Back in the USA at the moment?

I thought we all knew who Bill was now. Let me recap. New York bed sales, eastern european pantyless wife, international jetsetter, saviour of the worlds bare foot runners, brazillian railroad developer, member of Cool and the gang, all knowing person re football matters, international financier, setter up of football takeovers, best mate of geoff sheard and disco bobby of skegvegas, and all round enlightener of owlstalk, who still owes me a pint.

Think I covered it all there Bill?

Guest billsaja

I thought we all knew who Bill was now. Let me recap. New York bed sales, eastern european pantyless wife, international jetsetter, saviour of the worlds bare foot runners, brazillian railroad developer, member of Cool and the gang, all knowing person re football matters, international financier, setter up of football takeovers, best mate of geoff sheard and disco bobby of skegvegas, and all round enlightener of owlstalk, who still owes me a pint.

Think I covered it all there Bill?

Argentinian Railroads, and I owe you a pint?

As are you Bill, as are you. :mad:

Yes because it is completely made up, though I am sure 33 is familiar with my bosses better than me. The National Management Board is the four or five top brass at BT and they certainly do not know me and certainly do not get involved in these sorts of things, that would be for HR to deal with.

Nice try though.

You are right bile, I know nobody at B-T 'cos they aren't my company's account auditors atall said...!

I'm not going to make an error of judgement and start plastering some innocents name all over owlstalk, but I can prove what I say as I still have the fax 'transmission verification report' in my desk that I sent to said person at B-T.

Knew it would come in handy sometime.

Guest Anglofile

I have had my own disagreements on here with posters and yes indeed with Chairman Lee, but this new wave of anger and misdirected vilification of one of our own is particularly worrying.

In the next 2 or 3 weeks (apparently) a group of nameless Americans using a company with no assets in it and ever changing members/deadlines/excuses are supposed to conclude a deal (according to their leader/advisor/guy who posts on here and loves Scousers and thinks an accurate parallel to Wednesday is the Green Bay Packers).

In the meantime, the ST situation looks dire and the league position worse.

Lee, as often documented on here, came to the club without buying shares and was appointed Chairman on the basis that he was going to secure "investment" - unclear whether that was limited to outside investment or this Plan B idea of Forwards Together where we, the Consumer (FKA fan) bought in to the Brand (FKA team). And whatever spin is put on it, there have been several deadlines set or hinted at - from the opening salvo of March to the ICS introduction back in July when there were competing parties at the table.

So now that all fails, and given that Lee owns no shares, he is at the mercy of the Board (who we know read these pages).

So what happens if the Board decides the club, having failed to secure investment either from external parties or from the fans "buying in", needs a new CEO and Chairman.

The accounts show that we are short of cash and have been most fortunate to have a Chairman who works for expenses and a CEO who works for below market rates. So what happens now? We replace LS and NP with a new Chairman/CEO figure who charges the club what it would cost for 2 decent players per year.......not that any Wednesdayites under the age of 14 will understand the concept of 2 decent players, but the point remains - we get a worse (or less passionate Chairman), more upheaval, and a naturally weaker financial situation

So be careful what you wish for - LS out? Lunacy. Indeed quite a lot of what LS does smacks of someone under time pressure - the mad pleas for ST to be bought always now now now, these investment hints/plays/nonsense.

What this club needs is time for LS to put his real long term plan in place. The Board of SWFC should come out and say (oh, that's right, not their style....should allow LS to come out and say) that LS will be Chairman of SWFC through to the end of the 2015 season no matter what. Let him have the time to do the job he is obviously capable of doing without the pressures of short time swings.

LS15, you want to print up some T-shirts, wear them to games, that would be my choice (and in case Lee does leave, it can double as a Lazy Sh*t Beevers shirt).

Time for the club to give the fan a chance - LS until 2015, what do you say the Faceless Grey Entities?

Meantime, those of you who chose to blame him for everything that goes wrong, think why the guy is so desperate for a quick fix via investment or ST sales - easy to find fault, hard to find improvement. You think the Tories would have ousted Thatcher in 1989 if they knew they were going to end up with Major?

Careful what you wish for. Me, I say LS15.

Just typical of the type of blowhard that this site doesn't need. He's great on offering his opinion on who has the gravitas to invest in "his" team.

Needless to say, he's probably a piker who can't rub a couple of nickels together and doen't buy a season ticket. You're a very little man who feels empowered sitting in front of his keyboard and offering his uninformed opinion. As far as your opinion of me, let's compare resumes, deals completed in sports and balances in checkbooks and brokerage accounts. Say what you might, actual success beats bloviating every time.

Do yourself a favor and don't post anymore, you sound too much like a moron and it's not becoming.

Joe

Guest Anglofile

I agree with this 5 year plan. I'd extend that to Irvine. And McAulay. If we get relegated this year, so be it. It's time to sort this football club out, from top to bottom, a process that has already started. We've had enough of random managers and two bit hasbeen footballers. We havn't had a consistent approach to player recruitment for years. We just seem to lurch from loan player to loan player, and picking up any free transfer that appears to fit.

Start from the bottom, have a team with a core of local lads in it, sell cheap season tickets and cross your fingers.

Great insight.

Joe