Joe - Over to you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reading this thread and I felt Kobiyashi was onto something.

How can you get something on the cheap if their assets are worth flip all?

How can you get something on the cheap if the balance of the business in Minus £26 million?

How can you get something on the cheap if the club are in the third tier?

Somebody somewhere, IMO, is not being realistic/in denial about the clubs worth.

Are they hoping to publicise the club as what its potentially worth?

I think its wake up and smell the coffe.

There are lots of different ways to value a business. The one you're described up there is called the net asset valuation. It's regarded as one of the most basis ways of valuing a business. The assets don't include anything such as intangiable assets (brand, loyal customers, staff etc) future potential and so on

So it's quite possible to buy a company with a valuation of zero using the assets, knowing that that are other factors which could lead to profits in the future.

To get it cheap is the amount of new shares that can be purchased compared to a time it's a expensive time to buy

I can do an example if you like but I can't really be arsed :biggrin:

Guest totemowl

Joe

Question for you -

I do belive we was told a while ago that the investment process will not be effected if we go down -

But now Club 9 are holding off to see what league we are in...

Which is great commitment...

So surely it's only fair that the fan's do that same ain't it? Wait and see what league we are in...

After all at the moment the product is pathetic.

Is that anyway to speak to an investor? Idiot!

In any case why is this a question for Joe. Is he going to make our collective minds up as to whether we attend, buy season tickets etc?

Surely it's a question for each and every fan - not for Joe.

Guest Sheff Owl

Is that anyway to speak to an investor? Idiot!

In any case why is this a question for Joe. Is he going to make our collective minds up as to whether we attend, buy season tickets etc?

Surely it's a question for each and every fan - not for Joe.

Have you not read the thread!! idiot!

Open your eyes!!

im not sure how you can claim the two posts give the impression you got?

Wasnt Sheard given the nod by Allen, Walker and spent much of his time sat in the Directors Box at home games?

That isn't really a recommendation is it?! :biggrin:

I just think we need to hear that investment is still a possibility, it's something positive, which I feel we need with all the negativity on the field.

If it stops one supporter committing hari kari then it's not a bad thing imo.

oh.....did I mention I liked Joe?

Guest totemowl

Have you not read the thread!! idiot!

Open your eyes!!

Yes - I have read the thread. It's about investment, not about whether the fans should but season tickets or not. Ask a question about investment, or perhaps ask how the two are related. You might find something out.

But above all, think!!

Ive been accused of many things in my life but never that!! im one of the more optimistic people you could meet.

For me any glimmer of hope is welcome after that debacle yesterday.

Chuck in Nigel being called a doom merchant and I may even smile.

Im a doom merchant

-welcome to the 'half empty' club

:biggrin: :biggrin:

Reading this thread and I felt Kobiyashi was onto something.

How can you get something on the cheap if their assets are worth flip all?

How can you get something on the cheap if the balance of the business in Minus £26 million?

How can you get something on the cheap if the club are in the third tier?

Somebody somewhere, IMO, is not being realistic/in denial about the clubs worth.

Are they hoping to publicise the club as what its potentially worth?

I think its wake up and smell the coffe.

£20m as a share placement- with the bank writing off some of the debt.

This is as I understand putting all the facts together, I've collected.

Based on selling 14,000 season tickets and playing Championship football next season. Club 9 would put £20m into a share placement. They would buy out the loan note holders debt out, out of the £20m. The loan notes would stay in the club, now owed to club 9 plus accrued interest.

The bank will write off around 50 percent of the money owed to the club (Debt forgiveness). The reaming debt owed to them would be restructured into secured loans around £10m-£11m. Total net debt around £12m-14m, down from £26m.

A new banking facility would be agreed with a Co-op bank, with a possible small overdraft facility.

A smaller plan to sell the training ground will be drawn up. This would be to build on the land that already has buildings on it. It is a smallish brown field site. The football pitches/green field site would stay. Possible move to the Westfield site???

I could be wrong of course. :ph34r:

I think the main thing is we have something to take the heat away from the disaster that was yesterday.

If in doubt deflect attention is my motto.

It had crossed my mind that Joe had come on here to do that very thing.

But the big fookoff..... "Replying to Joe - Over to you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"... thread title gave him an alibi. :biggrin:

Guest Sheff Owl

Yes - I have read the thread. It's about investment, not about whether the fans should but season tickets or not. Ask a question about investment, or perhaps ask how the two are related. You might find something out.

But above all, think!!

Maybe the question was worded wrong but what i was saying is that does he think it's right to have the 'get your ST's' rammed down the throat's when a the product is crap and no sign of the investment yet.

And if it's led to be belived they wont invest till the know what league we are in, so why can't the fan's do that? instead of like i said having it rammed down the throat's.

Maybe the question was worded wrong but what i was saying is that does he think it's right to have the 'get your ST's' rammed down the throat's when a the product is crap and no sign of the investment yet.

And if it's led to be belived they wont invest till the know what league we are in, so why can't the fan's do that? instead of like i said having it rammed down the throat's.

You say you've read the thread? :blink:

For the last time 'We were told on Thursday not knowing what

division we're gonna be in is slowing down talks as they've now got to work out 2 sets on numbers.' not that they're waiting to see what division we're in!!!!

Guest Sheff Owl

You say you've read the thread? :blink:

For the last time 'We were told on Thursday not knowing what

division we're gonna be in is slowing down talks as they've now got to work out 2 sets on numbers.' not that they're waiting to see what division we're in!!!!

Then again or maybe just want on the cheap!!

If that's the case then and they have to work out 2 set's of number's does that mean they already had one set of number's? if that's the case then why not do it in january?

Regardless of whether we've sold 4,000 season tickets or 30,000 season tickets we always want to sell more. The more we have the better players we will be able to get.

Investment is a by product to be ignored until it happens.

Guest Sheff Owl

Regardless of whether we've sold 4,000 season tickets or 30,000 season tickets we always want to sell more. The more we have the better players we will be able to get.

Investment is a by product to be ignored until it happens.

Have to agree.

But you can't expect to sell them when the product is the way it is at the moment and people won't pay £350 for League one football.