Tudgay

You dont win championship player of the season for being sh!te.

Iv said before id sell him for a good offer, but only to fund more signings. One of our best signings in a long while, and ill never understand why people insist on slating or putting down our players.

Did i say he was poo ?

Did i slate him?

I said he was average ffs which he is on current form.

Iam sure even Tudgay himself would say he shouldnt of been the Championship player of the .

I dread to think of us without him, I really do.

^^^^^^^^^^^

This.

He does a pivotal job for the team - particluarly in the system AI is using.

A lot of his work in unnoticed - yes he was sloppy with the ball but that will come and go.

His intelligence, work rate and atttiude has been 1st class since boxing day.

Top scorer, top assist maker, and I bet he covers the most ground 2nd to JOC in our team - especially since AI played him in the 2nd striker role.

Those who can't see the job he does for the team are blind.

^^^^^^^^^^^

This.

A lot of his work in unnoticed - yes he was sloppy with the ball but that will come and go.

Top scorer, top assist maker, and I bet he covers the most ground 2nd to JOC in our team - especially since AI played him in the 2nd striker role.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

So the season started on boxing day did it?

^^^^^^^^^^^

This.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Bang on .

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

So the season started on boxing day did it?

No he has been poo for a big part of the season , He obviously had lost confidence in Laws and it showed .

I even started a thread saying we should get rid .

Now i think he is back on track and playing in a system that AI has asked him to but apart from playing deeper he is still making goals including the one at Forest on Sat .

Take a look at his Stats on the OS .

Guest BarmyBetto

I agree with you sam. I think hes been like it for the last couple of games now. Dosn`t seem intrested and is seriously lazy. Last night i said everyone had a good game or an alright game but tudgay and soares were the same, as usual. They look like their lacking fitness big time.

Is it possible that our expectations of Tudgay, and the consistency we ask for it from him, are unreasonable?

yes, we should accept that he is w£nk 9 out of 10 games. after all, burnley wanted him last season and he is the best player in the championship and he is worth at least 7million

give him a break. we would be bottom of the league without his goals this season :ph34r:

Guest wilkotheowl

He looked knackered pretty early on in the match and as he normally works hard during the match, particularly in the last two or three, perhaps he is due for a rest? I know others work just as hard, but Tudgay takes a hell of a lot of knocks from the opposition defence as well. If only we had a good alternative then a spell on the bench may help.

tazz

We definitely need to find the funds from somewhere for (at least) one more quality (loan) striker to provide contingency & competition up front.

To be fair the three main strikers we have can't possibly expected to avoid fatigue & injury with so many important games to come.

I'm sure AI will find a solution though, he is a clever manager.

I thought Tudgay had a good game last night, he may not have done anything eye catching, but he ran himself into the ground for the sake of the team. His involvement in the second goal cannot be understated, the interplay between him and Varney was excellent, Varney was then able to create an opportunity for Potter.

Varney and Tudgay led the line well, they both worked their socks off, and it is clear they have an understanding of how to play together.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

He believe's his own press!!

Sat on the conductors podium all night, no wonder Reg was knackered after 50 mins.

His 1st touch as always been poor but his work rate has made up for it, now he has reduced this his energy levels have dropped, as we saw with the 1 on 1 in the last 5 mins from the angled ball out of defence, he was 2 yards closer to the ball, by the time they reached it the donkey had got in front of Tudders.

Then he saunters back and gets caught offside.

I'm sure AI has noticed, he seems to analyse as we play (mentioned everyone last night on FH with accuracy on how they played, except Tudgay, Gray and Reg) and not be dependant on the swear word (Pro****)

100% agree.

The thing that annoys me most with him, is that on the rare occasions he does get the ball under control he just stops. Makes no attempt to move and get into a better position/the penalty area. Often the play just passes him by.

Very poor season from his so far.

I detested him season before last and he won me over last season, but he seems to have gone back to the Tudgay of old.

^^^^^^^^^^^

This.

I have been saying the same myself all season.

He had a flurry of goals and assists at the start of the season and everyone was kissing his backside.

Then Laws used him as a foil for JJ and Varney which made his chances dry up and his confidence followed, along with everyone elses.

At least when he isnt getting a snif he works for the team and defends, we'd really miss him if he was sold without an adequare replacement lined up.

To be fair I'm with Sam on this (sort of)

He's doing work we don't really notice - otherwise why else would he be getting the goals and assists

But for what I've seen in the recent couple of games I went to this is a prime example of why I & others find him frustrating at the minute.

I believe JoC was running with the ball and had to run infield due to two players blocking his path down the wing, so he cuts inside and Tudgay is just stood there. Couple of seconds later, Tudgay hasn't moved - due to pressing from the players JoC inevitably runs into Tudgay, why wasn't he moving, making himself some space, making himself available for the pass?

Edited by Gerinako

Guest WhereallWednesday...

I agree with you sam. I think hes been like it for the last couple of games now. Dosn`t seem intrested and is seriously lazy. Last night i said everyone had a good game or an alright game but tudgay and soares were the same, as usual. They look like their lacking fitness big time.

I Think with Tudgay it's his body language, can ba a match winner on his day but often seem's to drift out of games, noticed he often like's to flick the ball on rather than holding it and then looking for a pass and never seem's to run at a defence or go round player's but he does do the donkey work and is great in the air, a frustrating player Marcus but saying all that is our top scorer!

Did i say he was poo ?

Did i slate him?

I said he was average ffs which he is on current form.

Iam sure even Tudgay himself would say he shouldnt of been the Championship player of the .

Really? Im pretty sure he would class himself up there..

Point is - take him out of the team all season and we would have been in all kinds of bother. I think, while i accept he has parts of his game to work on, he does far more than we give him credit for.

My point about slating our players was simple - i cannot believe that we are on here debating the form of ANY wednesday player given our current position and turn around. The cup always seems to be half empty...