Tudgay

Do people actually watch the game .

Tudgay plays as a second striker with Varney or Clarke playing up front. Tudders works his balls off tracking back and helping midfield . This was especially the case on Tuesday when they played with 3 central midfielders against our 2.

He wins more headers than anybody else in the team . He is not the most skilful player we have, nor the quickest, but is one of the hardest workers and I dread to think how we would get by without him. As to suggest we leave him out like somebody in this thread did, absolute nonsense. He is extremely important to the whole balance of the team.

and , he rarely misses games through injury like some other strikers I could mention.

Edited by oldishowl

People jizzed over tudgay last season because of that terrific/flukey goal at the lane.

They called him a world beater, he wasn't and isn't.

But hes probably our most important player.

This.

He isn't the most gifted player in the league.

But he's a banker for at least a dozen goals a season and his defensive work at set pieces, work rate, and number of assists make him worth just as much as a 20 a season striker who never leaves the 6 yard box.

The problem is, he needs a sutible partner. Varney is a decent enough player who is on a hot run at the minute, but they're rubbish together because neither of them can trap a bag of cement and neither of them are proper goalscorers...it's very rare teams will go up from this league without at least 1 goalscorer.

I'd love to see how Tudgay would play up front with a real out and out goalscorer in the mould of Kevin Philips.

To single out our leader in assists and goals scored is just odd. Tudgay should have nothing to prove at this point.

This, and...

I'd love to see how Tudgay would play up front with a real out and out goalscorer in the mould of Kevin Philips.

This.

Maybe not a 20 goal a season striker, but the work he does all over the pitch is immense, if unspectacular.

If we were (touch wood) without him for any length of time, he would be missed.

Guest barlborough owl

Tudgay plays as a second striker with Varney or Clarke playing up front. Tudders works his balls off tracking back and helping midfield . This was especially the case on Tuesday when they played with 3 central midfielders against our 2.

He wins more headers than anybody else in the team . He is not the most skilful player we have, nor the quickest, but is one of the hardest workers and I dread to think how we would get by without him. As to suggest we leave him out like somebody in this thread did, absolute nonsense. He is extremely important to the whole balance of the team.

and , he rarely misses games through injury like some other strikers I could mention.

This.

But he's a banker for at least a dozen goals a season and his defensive work at set pieces, work rate, and number of assists make him worth just as much as a 20 a season striker who never leaves the 6 yard box.

The problem is, he needs a sutible partner. Varney is a decent enough player who is on a hot run at the minute, but they're rubbish together because neither of them can trap a bag of cement and neither of them are proper goalscorers...it's very rare teams will go up from this league without at least 1 goalscorer.

But you wanted to leave him out on tuesday night ?

Make your mind up :blink:

What's wrong with him at the moment?

Doesn't seem interested, looks lazy and lethargic. Expect a lot more from him to be honest.

Yet he scored twice against Peterborough and set two up for Varney against Plymouth, so must be doing something right that I'm not noticing.

scored in one of his last 15 matches

Guest thetruthisoutthere

Theres no place for your common sense, clear footballing knowledge and insightful truth about Marcus Tudgay im afraid on this thread

But Spot on m8

scored in one of his last 15 matches

.....and that's playing in his preferred position, upfront.

He scored more from the wing, where he is more involved. Although that isn't to say I'm ignoring the comments of the more thankless defensive duties he is doing.

This.

I'd love to see how Tudgay would play up front with a real out and out goalscorer in the mould of Franny Jeffers.

:ph34r:

Guest zero)))

I'm sick of this "Tudgay isn't interested" b0llocks.

Ok so he may have not performed as well as last season so far but I'm sure he's still trying 100%.

Get off his flipping back!

Guest bring back paulo

yeah i too watched his performance closely and he's lazy not interested and frustrates the life out of me - he's gonna make me say fuuck one of these days then some woman will complain about me to a steward who will take my season ticket thanks Tudgay.

Earn your wage.

He also puts in some very important headers in our own box to help the defence. Tudgay is very important to our current team.

my old mans met him a few times and apparently he be the most arrogant wednesday player he's come across (apart from Regi Blinker!) does this come out when he's on field? i agree with all the positive stuff posted 'bout him here, specially him getting back n helping push forward, but, tho i must say recently less so, he seems to get a bit mardy when he's not bein involved in everything n being top dog, like he's being the kid that takes his ball home from the park in a huff!

sort of.