Football Heaven

as someon else said. i loved it when the guy was questioning how long hes been a supporter and he said, 'im 31 so ive supported them 31 years' Thats proper playground 'my dads bigger than your dad' stuff.

I dont equate my supporting 'years' to start the day i was born. maybe im just an adult....allegedly..

as someon else said. i loved it when the guy was questioning how long hes been a supporter and he said, 'im 31 so ive supported them 31 years' Thats proper playground 'my dads bigger than your dad' stuff.

I dont equate my supporting 'years' to start the day i was born. maybe im just an adult....allegedly..

I don't know my exact age of when I started supporting Wednesday which poses me a serious problem, because should I come up against a fellow Wednesday fan in an argument, a matter of years, months or even days that I have spent supporting Wednesday could swing the argument for or against me and decide who's thoughts are more valid.

I rarely listen to it now, used to have it on every night on my drive back from work and it was pretty good/entertaining.

I'd say over the past 2 years it's just got very repetitive and pretty boring. I actually don't mind fat Seth he comes across as being genuinely interested and passionate about sport in general.

But the show as a whole needs a shake up, new format, new features, just needs freshening up a bit. Mix the presenters up a bit, why does it have to be male 30somethings presenting it, get some females on, kids on, have a guess the animal sound competition :biggrin: topless darts (would that work on radio) :happy: anything but the same old saddos phoning in.

I rarely listen to it now, used to have it on every night on my drive back from work and it was pretty good/entertaining.

I'd say over the past 2 years it's just got very repetitive and pretty boring. I actually don't mind fat Seth he comes across as being genuinely interested and passionate about sport in general.

But the show as a whole needs a shake up, new format, new features, just needs freshening up a bit. Mix the presenters up a bit, why does it have to be male 30somethings presenting it, get some females on, kids on, have a guess the animal sound competition :biggrin: topless darts (would that work on radio) :happy: anything but the same old saddos phoning in.

Stayton presented it last week :biggrin:

I don't know my exact age of when I started supporting Wednesday which poses me a serious problem, because should I come up against a fellow Wednesday fan in an argument, a matter of years, months or even days that I have spent supporting Wednesday could swing the argument for or against me and decide who's thoughts are more valid.

Shut yer face, you don't know what you're talking about.

I've been reading about the radio on message boards an awful lot longer than you young man.

Guest mikeglossopowl

I rarely listen to it as it's difficult to get this side of the Pennines. After listening last night on the way home from the match I'm glad I can't. Someone should point out to Paul and Seth that it's a FAN's forum, and not just so they can hear people agree with them.

On saying that, I'd get pi55ed off listening to the Blades whinging on all the time.

See as I was listening to the earlier show on the way home, IT WAS PAUL WALKER WHO CALLED BLADES FANS MORONIC, however I missed it after the game if Seth repeated it

Seth made a half baked apology for it if anyone was upset about about Walkers comments.

Walker then said it was just his opinion.Personally i cannot believe people blowing these comments out of proportion.

Listen to the calls and what the callers and presenters was saying and then the comment.

It was actually a polite way of saying these people are insane.

Which they was.. They could not back up any of the crap they was saying( the callers ) but spouting some right poo .Then when pulled up on it changed the conversation to flippingJames Beattie or whatever other irrelevant crap.

Anybody who gets upset about what P.W. said needs to get a grip.

BooHoo Piggy Walker called whining piggys moronic for moaning blah license fee blah impartiality blah..Get over yourselves.

They pointed out that Blunts was the butt of every other clubs jokes because of the moaning they are doing.Its true.

Had he not said they was the most moronic fans that would have been the comments blown out of proportion by the blunts.

Its a phone in about opinions and he got off the fence and gave his.Well done Walker.

Edited by optimusowl

I just wish they wouldn't tow he party line all the time. Give your own opinions, be honest about where your allegences lie (then we can take comments with a pinch of salt when we need to) and tell the other presenters when you disagree with them. Anyone who's ever seen an American sports show called "Around the Horn" would tell you it's much more entertaining than just spouting what has been agreed in a meeting to be the Radio Sheffield opinion.

I don't think the show should be put out 6 nights a week it should be on the day and day after matches (plus day before the steel city derby), otherwise it becomes boring with the same old boring callers. I for one go to a match, get mad or elated on the day of the game and 2 days later I have calmed down. Do people really want to listen to a football phone in on a Thursday night, when there hasn't been a game since saturday?

As for the 'morons' they manage to wind me up and I don't support them, day in day out they wonder why they are not competing with the worlds best when they have large debts and no sugar daddy any more. I also hate the "I haven't been to the match today but they sounded really good on the radio", the automatic response to that should be "Ok thanks for your call."

Rant over

Seth made a half baked apology for it if anyone was upset about about Walkers comments.

Walker then said it was just his opinion.Personally i cannot believe people blowing these comments out of proportion.

Listen to the calls and what the callers and presenters was saying and then the comment.

It was actually a polite way of saying these people are insane.

Which they was.. They could not back up any of the crap they was saying( the callers ) but spouting some right poo .Then when pulled up on it changed the conversation to flippingJames Beattie or whatever other irrelevant crap.

Anybody who gets upset about what P.W. said needs to get a grip.

BooHoo Piggy Walker called whining piggys moronic for moaning blah license fee blah impartiality blah..Get over yourselves.

They pointed out that Blunts was the butt of every other clubs jokes because of the moaning they are doing.Its true.

Had he not said they was the most moronic fans that would have been the comments blown out of proportion by the blunts.

Its a phone in about opinions and he got off the fence and gave his.Well done Walker.

To be fair up untill that 1 caller the moaning Blunts all did have reasons to back their opinions. Then 1 numpty rang in and Walker basically lost his temper and shouted "SHUT UP" followed by the moron comment! They (Seph & Paul) could've easily remained calm and proved the caller wrong, he wasn't very bright was he?!? There was no need for Walkers reacton it was way OTT but very funny :laugh::laugh:

Paul and Seth are a continuing disgrace to the BBC, if you dont adhere to their opinion you'll be shot down (despite them claiming you won't if you make a 'valid arguement'), and God forbid you try to say anything bad about Blackwell or McCabe.

They were that bad last night that it was almost as if they had been asked by some individuals to make sure any dissent about SUFC was supressed. I'm sure thats not the case though :rolleyes:

I had to laugh when a caller tried claiming United had no debts, and think it was Seth who just hummed along in agreement. Yet in another part of the show Seth and Paul were moaning that Blackwell had had to work with his hands tied behind his back for the past 2/3 years and was doing miracles. I'm sorry, but Blackwell has had far more resources over the past few years than most managers in this league, so to claim he's been restrained previously is shambolic. OK they are cutting back now, but signing Beattie etc doesn't seem to be 'working with your hands tied behind your back'.

Also, telling callers they are 'going to get it', and 'moronic' etc on the BBC shouldn't be allowed to go unpunished. Surely they have to remember that sometimes the people that ring in may not be the sharpest knives in the draw, but ring in because they want to talk about their team, even if it is to moan, and perhaps at the minute all they have going for them is a bit of hope on a Saturday. To belittle and shout at them was not on. Then again, I'm not sure what was worse, the originial actions, or the most insincere 'apology' from Seth that I have ever heard. From representatives of the BBC, you would hope to get more professionalism from them and not resorting to school yard shoutings and the like.