LUKE VARNEY

Guest wilkotheowl

I can see why Irvine would like him though: Hard worker, lots of energy, decent pace, good attitude.

He might not have the quality, but his determination makes up for a lot. If he had both he'd be in the Premiership and not at Sheffield Wednesday.

Guest CampbellOwl-36

i find it strange that laws and irvine both like the same player.

i would have liked to have seen an 'irvine' signing.

Irvine has signed him therefore he is an 'irvine' signing. :biggrin:

Happy with this, always putting effort in, making space for others and chipping in with goals. Hardly ever injured too, im sure Alan Irvine will get more out of him still.

You must remember our whole team was poor before Irvine came in. Now with us playing better and Varney back in the squad. Varney could improve along with the rest of the team and score more.

Guest Walkley_Owl

I like him to be honest but i'm in a minority, he offers us more than goals and can play in a wide role, the deal is right for us obviously so we have six months to decide if he's worth pursuing as a replacement for Sodje/Clarke/Jeffers in the summer

Guest CampbellOwl-36

I like him to be honest but i'm in a minority, he offers us more than goals and can play in a wide role, the deal is right for us obviously so we have six months to decide if he's worth pursuing as a replacement for Sodje/Clarke/Jeffers in the summer

Even judging on what he has done for us in his previous 2 loan spells i'd take Varney over all 3 of them.

Maybe Varney is an Irvine signing. Maybe he'll be a revelation under AI. Seems to have worked miracles so far, allbeit in 2 games, but you never know.

im not knocking either of them [irvine or varney], but when you change manager you expect to see a change with different ideas,

seems irvine and laws must have the same sort of ideas

Bloody Hell...what do some people actually want?!???

Varney has a scoring ratio of 1 in 3 while with us. He knows the club, likes being at the club, wants to be at the club, has a tremendous work ethic and will be playing his heart out for a contract.

Honestly...some people on here really haven't got a clue.

Guest Walkley_Owl

Bloody Hell...what do some people actually want?!???

Varney has a scoring ratio of 1 in 3 while with us. He knows the club, likes being at the club, wants to be at the club, has a tremendous work ethic and will be playing his heart out for a contract.

Honestly...some people on here really haven't got a clue.

Spot on Rich