LUKE VARNEY

Guest wilkotheowl

Guest owls_4_life

Its because of players like Varney we look like being relegated. Lets try to get a young prem striker on loan.

Agreed. New start and everything, then there's talks of Varney coming back. We're supposed be trying to get rid of some of Laws' poo signings not bringing some back

Makes me wonder whether;- Irvine is a big Varney fan anyway- the other players have expressed how much they want him back- Irvine has asked McAuley about which players have shown the right attitude this season so far.or...- the rumour is completely unfoundedWe could certainly do an awful lot worse - I'd welcome him back as he's definately got a decent work ethic which is exactly what we need.

Makes me wonder whether;

- Irvine is a big Varney fan anyway

- the other players have expressed how much they want him back

- Irvine has asked McAuley about which players have shown the right attitude this season so far.

or...

- the rumour is completely unfounded

We could certainly do an awful lot worse - I'd welcome him back as he's definately got a decent work ethic which is exactly what we need.

Hopefully this.

He can run about and has good movement but he is not good enough for this league. Fact.

Oh and charlton went down relying on the likes of him, let's not make the same mistake.

Guest CampbellOwl-36

Please NO, we need new players with new ideas. Not someone that has scored 3 or 4 goals for us in half a season.

Which is a damn sight more than Sodje, Jeffers and Clarke this season.

I'd rather we had Varney up front than any of those 3. At least he does score and is rarely injured. We don't need liabilities at our time of need.

Which is a damn sight more than Sodje, Jeffers and Clarke this season.

I'd rather we had Varney up front than any of those 3. At least he does score and is rarely injured. We don't need liabilities at our time of need.

I get what you're saying but Varney scoring another 3 or 4 goals in the 2nd half of the season wont be enough to keep us up. We already know what Varney can do or should i say cant do. I really feel we need new players that can bring us something new.

Guest CampbellOwl-36

I get what you're saying but Varney scoring another 3 or 4 goals in the 2nd half of the season wont be enough to keep us up. We already know what Varney can do or should i say cant do. I really feel we need new players that can bring us something new.

Your right but if these players don't materialise then Varney is a step up in my eyes from 75% of the strikeforce we have available to us.

And who knows Irvine could be the man that could get even more out of Varney.

I think Varney gets a bit of a hard time on here. Granted he's not the best player in the world, but he does offer us something we havent got up front - pace and running the channels. The last couple of games he hasnt played in we have looked far worse. Ideally i'd bring Varney and another striker in.

Some players suit certain clubs whilst others don't,Billy shaRPE (BLADES) A PRIME EXAMPLE.

imo Varney suits us and if we can get him back on reasonable terms for the rest of the season i would welcome it.

Why does he suit us? He doesnt score! Would be a decent signing if we had an out and out goal-scorer for him to play next to, but we don't.

Guest CampbellOwl-36

Why does he suit us? He doesnt score! Would be a decent signing if we had an out and out goal-scorer for him to play next to, but we don't.

4 Goals this season says he does.

Why does he suit us - He doesnt score!

I think that I may have said something foolish.

Correction: He suits us - He doesnt score! :biggrin:

Four goals makes him a goalscorer? That equates to 8 for the season.....

Edited by Beztheowl

Guest CampbellOwl-36

And who else is scoring the goals?

Tudgay was but has come to a dry spell.

Johnson was too but has stopped.

Sodje is likely to play about 4 games then get injured.

Jeffers hasn't filled us with confidence as it stands.

And Leon Clarke speaks for himself.

He is better than what we can hope for, we wont get proven goalscores because other teams will want them instead.

And who else is scoring the goals?

Tudgay was but has come to a dry spell.

Johnson was too but has stopped.

Sodje is likely to play about 4 games then get injured.

Jeffers hasn't filled us with confidence as it stands.

And Leon Clarke speaks for himself.

He is better than what we can hope for, we wont get proven goalscores because other teams will want them instead.

Well lets not bother then eh?

Its a shame James Vaughan is getting games for Everton now as he would have been an ideal loan target. When they get their strikers fit again, maybe Irvine can use his Everton contacts and persuade them to let him go out on loan again. If we manage to stay up Varney and Vaughan would be a pretty decent partnership next season. I'm sure Derby will cut their losses in the summer and if we could get Vaughan on a season long loan I'd be happy.

Guest CampbellOwl-36

[/b]

Well lets not bother then eh?

We can offer all we want but if people think players are going to fall head over heels to sign for us because we are Sheffield Wednesday then they'll be in for a shock.

If we want very good championship players chances are so will other teams in this division, who will be prepared to offer better money.

Varney isn't the best player by a long shot but he is ok. If we can find better then by all means go for it, im sure Irvine has an idea of what he needs.