The Season Tickets Renewal Thread

£468 for me if I'm going to renew on the South again this season - saving £50 on last season's ticket which was far far too high anyway. Was expecting it to be better to be honest.

Can't fault the Club for the free tickets for under 8's - and just because it may not apply to you it doesn't mean it can't be praised.

But to see so many fans getting free tickets for quite a few games this season has got increasingly more annoying but I always had the hope that the season ticket prices for renewals would reflect our loyalty, but they're a long way off.

The Grandstand being closed is going to make Hillsborough look fuller with those being relocated to the North and Kop - but sales won't be great.

Let's hope they keep to their word and we see some decent signings in the summer.

Same old wednesday I'm afraid, LS has just lost the last bit of confidence I had in him. :angry::angry:

Stick the DVD on ebay and stop moaning.

£333 works out at £15 a match.

Whereas some folks are paying upto £29 on the gate. (earlier on in the season)

Cant you see lee and nick are trying.

Who will buy a DVD they can get for free?

I think that a lot of you were (unrealisticly) in some cases expecting discounts far larger than could be achieved by the board. Don't forget we are still massively in debt so to compare our prices to those of SUFC isn't really fair. I can see why some of you are annoyed by having to move seats to get the best deal.

I agree with the expectation bit. But it was LS who encouraged this IMO.

I appreciate that his failure to secure investment means they aren't able to lower prices as much as hoped, but this is ridiculous. I think average crowds could be lower next season. I can't see how this will attract people back and fill the ground.

let's look at the headlines:

- reduced prices all around

- vastly reduced for season ticket holders from the last THREE years

- FREE tickets available for over 80's

- FREE tickets available for under 8's

- reasonably priced tickets for the remainder of youngters

- Student discounts available again

- the promise of a new matchday experience in the premium south stand areas- including pre/post match

- designated smoking areas on the Kop/North stand for smokers (smoke free south stand)

- interesting new box included on the season ticket form (with a great offer to be announced shortly)

- free derby double DVD

- reduced replica shirt for season ticket holders (£25.99)

Honestly, SWFC are a business and we all want a push on the pitch- for once it seems we can trust the people at the top to deliver for us with integrity. I honestly can't believe people areoanong about the prices- we're getting a damn good deal!

OK, OK- let me point out that this is an initial PERSONAL view, and is pointing out the many benefits of the new deals as a point of balance in this thread, and NOT the views of 'Wednesdayite'.

For me, personally, I think that the deals available are reasonable for my circumstances and I didn't work myself up to expecting anything more significant in all honesty.

I totally understand those potentially being moved, particularly to other parts of the stadium which would work out more expensive and whilst the choice exists, I don't understand there not being some sort of concessionary discount for those moving too, personally.

Wednesdayite have NOT issued any statement regarding the season ticket prices and will not do until we have studied the figures in depth and gathered feedback from supporters all around.

I also understand there will be a statement from Lee Strafford in today's matchday magazine explaining and justifying the prices and structure, so it's worth Reading that to get more of an idea into the reasoning behind the prices.

There will shortly be details of a special scheme for people joining Wednesdayite through the season ticket form on Wednesdayite.com, this is a practical partnership between Wednesdayite and the club and is not a reflection of comment regarding the season ticket prices themselves.

A lot if not all of you are being over dramatic.

The club has adapted to the economic situation. If you can't afford where you sit, try to relocate. There are 1000's of seats in Hillsborough with good views.

Why should anyone be forced to relocate seats, seats that they've most probably sat in for many years?

Football should be affordable for all, in all parts of a stadium.

NO UNDER 21 category !!!!

I've seen this raised as an issue a couple of times now and I'm struggling with the argument for maintaining this category.

My logic is this - If you're under 18 you get a discount as you could be still at school or college - fair enough.

If you're 19-21 then you're either working, a student or unemployed. If you're a student you get a cracking deal on the kop. If you're working or unemployed, you're no different to someone who's 30 and working or unemployed are you?

Am i missing something? :blink:

PS - As a whole, unfortunately I think the new prices will make sod all difference to the crowds and if we get off to a bad start we'll be down to 15,000 again. I am not a season ticket holder (although I was 6-7 years ago) and I pick and choose my games. Last years prices have no bearing on my decision this year, and I was prepared to consider a season ticket if I could get on the North for £400 - can't justify outlaying more than that at the moment :sad:

Guest S13OWL

So I lose my seat on the Grandstand I've had for 4/5 years and have to cough up an extra £50 or so to sit somewhere else?

Ridiculous.

Has anyone read the interactive booklet with his comments in, the family stand has moved to the north stand. So thats now 3,000 seats with excellent views and good facilities shut off?

And have your not read the posts where people have stated they will actually have to pay more to do such thing?

Its not THAT bad ffs

Calm down and have a look at these price REDUCTIONS.

U8's free is an excellent move.

Rewarding season ticket holders from the past 3 years is an excellent move.

For once, shut up.

Why should anyone be forced to relocate seats, seats that they've most probably sat in for many years?

Football should be affordable for all, in all parts of a stadium.

The fact of the matter is that the club needs to adapt its price ranges. Its no longer viable to have seats in the stadium with prices and offers the same.

The club is offering different offers in different parts of the stadium to different fans.

Like Strafford says, the prices reflect the new products and packages.