The Season Tickets Renewal Thread

We will not be renewing.

I can not understand why we have not grasped the opportunity to attract all the lost supporters of the last few years back to Hillsborough and to fill the ground as we all know the club is capable of doing. The club appear to be content to have the same 18 - 20,000 poor souls for yet another season in a half empty ground.

It pains me to write this, we travel to every game home and away and our family and friends live and breathe Sheffield Wednesday. It's very disappointing.

I feel very let down.

Lee - if you're reading this..

Drop all season ticket prices to £300 and less

Fund it by selling Beevers, Grant, Tudgay, Spurr and whoever else we can get some cash for.

Replace those players with freebies and academy lads.

Then the sanctimonious can stop moaning.

I've said it before - this club is very nearly unmanageable - the fanbase is hopelessly fractured and isn't interested in the rebirth of the club - they're interested in saving a few quid - or that somebody else might save a few quid that they haven't.

The type fan that won't by their replica shirt in the club superstore (hence putting mney in the clubs coffers) because it can be bought for a fiver cheaper somewhere else.

The last regime left this club in an almost irretrievable position - and i have no doubts whatsoever that trying to get regular 30k+ crowds is just pie in the sky - we haven't had those crowds regularly and never will - we're a middling size club that likes to pretend we're big

You have this mentality that some fans feel they are extra special because they paid the flipping ridiculous prices last season - prices which have led to such a hopeless current situation btw

Consistently crap performances on the pitch didn't keep them away

A succession of hideously underqualified managers didn't keep them away

Selling our best players and replacing them with crap didn't keep them away

Having the worst boardroom incumbents in our history didn't keep them away

Being labelled cratins and scum by the chairman didn't keep them away

Seeing valuable resources being used by the board to SUE OUR OWN FANS didn't keep them away

A board member telling lies to put an innocent guy on the verge of being in the courtroom dock didn't keep them away

Incredibly insensitive price rises coupled with outrageous slurs and comments from the board defending the price rises didn't keep them away.

But it seems trying to regenerate the club into a competitor and offering discounts across the board - though not in every specific case - will keep them away.....

The club is fvcked

Much of this post is brilliant, even if it's not pleasing reading.

The club needs help and never more so (perhaps apart from the 70's) than now.

The prices might not be in line with expectations, but for most they are reduced.

We simply cannot have everything - we can't have the level of debt we have, keep our best players and add quality to the squad unless someone somewhere is prepared to pay for it. In the last decade, none of the different Chairmen or Boards have found investment and in this climate I don't see anyone knocking the doors down to get involved - so that appears to be unrealistic as a solution.

If people don't want to pay, that is their choice but it only makes things worse.

If you reduce the prices then you get more fans but don't have more money to invest in the team so we stay in the ever decreasing circle.

As Scram said, whoever is in charge cannot win - unless it seems he has a bulging pocket with millions of pounds burning a hole in it. So if you don't like the prices, do something positive and find a rich benefactor instead of moaning.

I feel sick to the stomach about the mentality surrounding our club sometimes - I would sit on the roof to watch Wednesday if that was the only place I was able to see them - it seems others expect a champagne service, padded seats, blankets, hostess delivery, gourmet food, free shirt and a Champions League place on a cheap pricing structure when we are millions in debt. It just aint going to happen.

I feel for those genuinely unable to afford to go, but for most fans these prices are reduced - if it means a stand change to watch the lads then big deal - but we always find it in ourselves to look at the dark side.

Edited by Daz

Fund it by selling Beevers, Grant, Tudgay, Spurr and whoever else we can get some cash for.

I've said it before - this club is very nearly unmanageable - the fanbase is hopelessly fractured and isn't interested in the rebirth of the club - they're interested in saving a few quid - or that somebody else might save a few quid that they haven't.

The type fan that won't by their replica shirt in the club superstore (hence putting mney in the clubs coffers) because it can be bought for a fiver cheaper somewhere else.

The last regime left this club in an almost irretrievable position - and i have no doubts whatsoever that trying to get regular 30k+ crowds is just pie in the sky - we haven't had those crowds regularly and never will - we're a middling size club that likes to pretend we're big

You have this mentality that some fans feel they are extra special because they paid the flipping ridiculous prices last season - prices which have led to such a hopeless current situation btw

Seeing valuable resources being used by the board to SUE OUR OWN FANS didn't keep them away

A board member telling lies to put an innocent guy on the verge of being in the courtroom dock didn't keep them away

Incredibly insensitive price rises coupled with outrageous slurs and comments from the board defending the price rises didn't keep them away.

But it seems trying to regenerate the club into a competitor and offering discounts across the board - though not in every specific case - will keep them away.....

The club is fvcked

yep incredible but true, what a miserable hair splitting bunch of throw pots , clear your desk lee and leave your £0 a year post your best aint good enough for this shower

The prices might not be in line with expectations, but for most they are reduced.

We simply cannot have everything - we can't have the level of debt we have, keep our best players and add quality to the squad unless someone somewhere is prepared to pay for it. In the last decade, none of the different Chairmen or Boards have found investment and in this climate I don't see anyone knocking the doors down to get involved - so that appears to be unrealistic as a solution.

If people don't want to pay, that is their choice but it only makes things worse.

If you reduce the prices then you get more fans but don't have more money to invest in the team so we stay in the ever decreasing circle.

As Scram said, whoever is in charge cannot win - unless it seems he has a bulging pocket with millions of pounds burning a hole in it. So if you don't like the prices, do something positive and find a rich benefactor instead of moaning.

I feel sick to the stomach about the mentality surrounding our club sometimes - I would sit on the roof to watch Wednesday if that was the only place I was able to see them - it seems others expect a champagne service, padded seats, blankets, hostess delivery, gourmet food, free shirt and a Champions League place on a cheap pricing structure when we are millions in debt. It just aint going to happen.

I feel for those genuinely unable to afford to go, but for most fans these prices are reduced - if it means a stand change to watch the lads then big deal - but we always find it in ourselves to look at the dark side.

If you'd sit on the roof to watch them play, why have you moved to the States?

If you'd sit on the roof to watch them play, why have you moved to the States?

Work of course.

But I'm not alone in travelling miles home and away for many years - I love this club and if it was realistically possible to get to matches then yes, I would sit on the roof if that was all I could afford.

The club is fvcked

Such great words from someone sat on their settee this afternoon, whilst Wednesday were playing at home.

Yep, we are in a circle which requires either quality leadership at boardroom level supported by fans, or random, huge investment ala QPR. As we are in the middle of the biggest recesion for many decades, the latter is extremely unlikely to happen.... so we have no option but to do the former. I have no doubt whatsoever that Lee has given us the best deal he is possibly able to, without putting the future of the club in danger.