The Season Tickets Renewal Thread

I save £47 (£468 rather than £515) on my south stand season ticket plus I save say £15 (say £40 - £25) on the new shirt that I actually want to buy this time as I think it'll look good. I'm chuffed with the DVD but probably wouldn't have bought it otherwise. If I take the price reduction and the shirt discount then that is £62 that I save which based on last year's price of £515 which represents a 12% discount which is generous. On top of that it sounds like I will get more for my money due to south stand improvements and hopefully the product on the pitch will be better (if we are only budgeting for 16,000 season ticket holders whilst still talking about investment on the pitch then there that sounds like a cautious budget which sounds do-able).

Most renewing season ticket holders will benefit similarly so this is welcome. I accept that people being forced to move are inconvenienced but understand why the club has done this. They can still save money by taking advantage of offers elsewhere in the ground though.

Hardly anyone has mentioned the free kids offer - this is very welcome and will encourage new fans to Hillsborough.

In spite of a few moaners, I think attendances will rise. The lads I am going to the game with today have all said they will get season tickets next year on the back of reduced prices and kids offers. As mentioned above, if we only need 16,000 to meet budget then the team should improve.

The club is showing a more commercial approach which will see match day and other revenues increase. An example is if prople drink in the ground rather than local pubs which is presumably part of the thinking on the south stand.

Finally, the club has said that there will be no special offers next year so people citing these devaluing their season tickets must not be listening!

would you have renewed anyway?

I save £47 (£468 rather than £515) on my south stand season ticket plus I save say £15 (say £40 - £25) on the new shirt that I actually want to buy this time as I think it'll look good. I'm chuffed with the DVD but probably wouldn't have bought it otherwise. If I take the price reduction and the shirt discount then that is £62 that I save which based on last year's price of £515 which represents a 12% discount which is generous. On top of that it sounds like I will get more for my money due to south stand improvements and hopefully the product on the pitch will be better (if we are only budgeting for 16,000 season ticket holders whilst still talking about investment on the pitch then there that sounds like a cautious budget which sounds do-able).

Most renewing season ticket holders will benefit similarly so this is welcome. I accept that people being forced to move are inconvenienced but understand why the club has done this. They can still save money by taking advantage of offers elsewhere in the ground though.

Hardly anyone has mentioned the free kids offer - this is very welcome and will encourage new fans to Hillsborough.

In spite of a few moaners, I think attendances will rise. The lads I am going to the game with today have all said they will get season tickets next year on the back of reduced prices and kids offers. As mentioned above, if we only need 16,000 to meet budget then the team should improve.

The club is showing a more commercial approach which will see match day and other revenues increase. An example is if prople drink in the ground rather than local pubs which is presumably part of the thinking on the south stand.

Finally, the club has said that there will be no special offers next year so people citing these devaluing their season tickets must not be listening!

So should this happen if the crowd mid winter is down to about 18-19k you'll be on here supporting when im going apeshit because im buying a product at a price on the understanding that product wont be devalued later in the season ? Yes or more likely don't be fukking stupid.

Crowds won't go that low down purely because of the free kids offers. I expect a 22-23k average next season.

Hope you are right but I think close season is crucial to achieve that.

I do too.

The puma kit deal is vital for SWFC too, we need to invest that into the team really early on to get that spark of excitement.

Yep, if we can have a successful (ish) season on the pitch next season, we can really start to get the fans back...

Next season is a massive season for this club, if the right decisions are made, we could be pushing for the PL with fans back on board. If we have another preseason of lots of speculation and very few signings followed by a midtable finish, fans will start to get REALLY pissed off.

so according to jimb 2/3rds of the home supporters areas are unsuitable for children! what can you say? whats the odds that he plonked himself in front of the pea brains at the north stand lep end , then went in to shock when he heard some swearing , ok you should be able to sit anywhere , but football aint like that anymore and hasnt been for decades, for example ive heard ALL of the ground chanting yhe refs a W****** , warnocks a W***** (which he his) im afraid if you dont want kids to hear swearing you shouldnt go sad but true

Yep, if we can have a successful (ish) season on the pitch next season, we can really start to get the fans back...

Next season is a massive season for this club, if the right decisions are made, we could be pushing for the PL with fans back on board. If we have another preseason of lots of speculation and very few signings followed by a midtable finish, fans will start to get REALLY pissed off.

Plus whatever the FA decide re DA's loans.

All a bit of an anti-climax as others have said. The delay in announcement followed by slight decreases can't hide the fact that the cost of STs at the club are not going to deliver massive supporter take-up IMHO. I've liked much of what LS has done since he came to the club but this has damp squib written all over it. Sorry to say so.

Lee - if you're reading this..

Drop all season ticket prices to £300 and less

Fund it by selling Beevers, Grant, Tudgay, Spurr and whoever else we can get some cash for.

Replace those players with freebies and academy lads.

Then the sanctimonious can stop moaning.

I've said it before - this club is very nearly unmanageable - the fanbase is hopelessly fractured and isn't interested in the rebirth of the club - they're interested in saving a few quid - or that somebody else might save a few quid that they haven't.

The type fan that won't by their replica shirt in the club superstore (hence putting mney in the clubs coffers) because it can be bought for a fiver cheaper somewhere else.

The last regime left this club in an almost irretrievable position - and i have no doubts whatsoever that trying to get regular 30k+ crowds is just pie in the sky - we haven't had those crowds regularly and never will - we're a middling size club that likes to pretend we're big

You have this mentality that some fans feel they are extra special because they paid the flipping ridiculous prices last season - prices which have led to such a hopeless current situation btw

Consistently crap performances on the pitch didn't keep them away

A succession of hideously underqualified managers didn't keep them away

Selling our best players and replacing them with crap didn't keep them away

Having the worst boardroom incumbents in our history didn't keep them away

Being labelled cratins and scum by the chairman didn't keep them away

Seeing valuable resources being used by the board to SUE OUR OWN FANS didn't keep them away

A board member telling lies to put an innocent guy on the verge of being in the courtroom dock didn't keep them away

Incredibly insensitive price rises coupled with outrageous slurs and comments from the board defending the price rises didn't keep them away.

But it seems trying to regenerate the club into a competitor and offering discounts across the board - though not in every specific case - will keep them away.....

The club is fvcked

Lee - if you're reading this..

Drop all season ticket prices to £300 and less

Fund it by selling Beevers, Grant, Tudgay, Spurr and whoever else we can get some cash for.

Replace those players with freebies and academy lads.

Then the sanctimonious can stop moaning.

I've said it before - this club is very nearly unmanageable - the fanbase is hopelessly fractured and isn't interested in the rebirth of the club - they're interested in saving a few quid - or that somebody else might save a few quid that they haven't.

The type fan that won't by their replica shirt in the club superstore (hence putting mney in the clubs coffers) because it can be bought for a fiver cheaper somewhere else.

The last regime left this club in an almost irretrievable position - and i have no doubts whatsoever that trying to get regular 30k+ crowds is just pie in the sky - we haven't had those crowds regularly and never will - we're a middling size club that likes to pretend we're big

You have this mentality that some fans feel they are extra special because they paid the flipping ridiculous prices last season - prices which have led to such a hopeless current situation btw

Consistently crap performances on the pitch didn't keep them away

A succession of hideously underqualified managers didn't keep them away

Selling our best players and replacing them with crap didn't keep them away

Having the worst boardroom incumbents in our history didn't keep them away

Being labelled cratins and scum by the chairman didn't keep them away

Seeing valuable resources being used by the board to SUE OUR OWN FANS didn't keep them away

A board member telling lies to put an innocent guy on the verge of being in the courtroom dock didn't keep them away

Incredibly insensitive price rises coupled with outrageous slurs and comments from the board defending the price rises didn't keep them away.

But it seems trying to regenerate the club into a competitor and offering discounts across the board - though not in every specific case - will keep them away.....

The club is fvcked

I do agree that the club they took over was complely f*cked.

However to mainatain this honeymoon period and to get the droves back the new prices and schemes really needed to be better than this.

Its not the boards faults fans have went away but when LS arrived there was positive vibes coming from the new guys about new deals and talk of getting fans back

Do you honestly think in the middle of the recession this is enough?

The flaws have been raised and are valid

why choose bizarre age ranges for free tickets?

why turn the South Stand into a more elite stand which effectively forces people to move

Some people are going to end up paying more because of re location

Why limit deals on student offers to the Kop?

Why no under 21 reductions which the last regime actually had.

The reality is that at S2 you can see a better team maybe in a higher division for less

You always state questions can be asked of the new regime and for the first time I'm doing it.

You cannot indivdualise every single ticket for every single circumstance

Maybe at S2 you can see a better team for less money - maybe KW was right with his Sainsbury's comment.

They price for their circumstances and we price for ours

It is impossible - utterly impossible - to please everybody every time and in a transitional period people have to try to display some understanding and maybe bite the bullet and have some faith

Because most of the moaners couldn't be dissuaded from buying a ST in the worst period in the clubs history - especially regarding fan treatment

Guest ArcticOwl

Anyone remember how much an U18's ticket was for the previous few years?

I may get a student ticket if I can get the money, missed it this year :(

For the 100th time, its not about united's prices v ours.

Ours are priced to get fans into the kop, they range massively and yes, they are a change. They are ok.

But not everyone wants to sit on the kop, I know I certainly don't.

You cannot indivdualise every single ticket for every single circumstance

Maybe at S2 you can see a better team for less money - maybe KW was right with his Sainsbury's comment.

They price for their circumstances and we price for ours

It is impossible - utterly impossible - to please everybody every time and in a transitional period people have to try to display some understanding and maybe bite the bullet and have some faith

Because most of the moaners couldn't be dissuaded from buying a ST in the worst period in the clubs history - especially regarding fan treatment

KW was still wrong with those particular comments.

I understand you cannot individualise for every situation but I honestly expected something better from the new regime. Of course we are in a weak financial position but why focus on making the South Stand more elitist? Also the free ST tickets are frankly bizarre and we won't attract many more fans through these paths. It just seems the removal of under 21 is unnecesary and under the old regime did the student offer not apply all over the ground at one stage. The price reductions ust seem slight and my final criticism is that the rewards seem flimsy ( a double dvd?)

As a result I think they will fail to increase crowds in line with their business plan.

You state the new regime are there to be criticised and I feel the new prices are a let down

I don't but its priced that way. Id much rather sit in the Grandstand but the event is more important than the seat.

Not always. I don't want a seat on the kop and wont buy one there.

I'm not buying a season ticket anyway but even if I was, I wouldn't buy one on the kop.