The Season Tickets Renewal Thread

"Such great words from someone sat on their settee this afternoon, whilst Wednesday were playing at home."

Vulva - very apt...

You know nothing about me, my circumstances, where i post from, why i post from there, why i wasn't at the match - in short rumbleall

But you choose to judge

Which says much more about you than it does about me.

The way I feel at the minute, yes.

I class myself as a diehard, and the problem at the minute is that the club are p issing off the diehards.

We shall see.

But they didn't in the last regime when they were calling you a cretin and dragging your fellow supporters through the courts?

You deserve all you get.

Lee - if you're reading this..

Drop all season ticket prices to £300 and less

Fund it by selling Beevers, Grant, Tudgay, Spurr and whoever else we can get some cash for.

Replace those players with freebies and academy lads.

Then the sanctimonious can stop moaning.

I've said it before - this club is very nearly unmanageable - the fanbase is hopelessly fractured and isn't interested in the rebirth of the club - they're interested in saving a few quid - or that somebody else might save a few quid that they haven't.

The type fan that won't by their replica shirt in the club superstore (hence putting mney in the clubs coffers) because it can be bought for a fiver cheaper somewhere else.

The last regime left this club in an almost irretrievable position - and i have no doubts whatsoever that trying to get regular 30k+ crowds is just pie in the sky - we haven't had those crowds regularly and never will - we're a middling size club that likes to pretend we're big

You have this mentality that some fans feel they are extra special because they paid the flipping ridiculous prices last season - prices which have led to such a hopeless current situation btw

Consistently crap performances on the pitch didn't keep them away

A succession of hideously underqualified managers didn't keep them away

Selling our best players and replacing them with crap didn't keep them away

Having the worst boardroom incumbents in our history didn't keep them away

Being labelled cratins and scum by the chairman didn't keep them away

Seeing valuable resources being used by the board to SUE OUR OWN FANS didn't keep them away

A board member telling lies to put an innocent guy on the verge of being in the courtroom dock didn't keep them away

Incredibly insensitive price rises coupled with outrageous slurs and comments from the board defending the price rises didn't keep them away.

But it seems trying to regenerate the club into a competitor and offering discounts across the board - though not in every specific case - will keep them away.....

The club is fvcked

you might found out that the 6,000 + fans that we lost last season through all the sh*t will stay away.

arnt these the ones he is trying to get back

"Such great words from someone sat on their settee this afternoon, whilst Wednesday were playing at home."

Vulva - very apt...

You know nothing about me, my circumstances, where i post from, why i post from there, why i wasn't at the match - in short rumbleall

But you choose to judge

Which says much more about you than it does about me.

Hhhmmmmmm ......Well i think your long post seem to judge people...didnt it!

I agree Daz but I feel we have missed an opportunity to be a bit more innovative in our pricing structures.

The free season tickets are good but have we just reacted to what happened at S2? We could have been bolder, introduced more categories for age groups. What about family tickets? Buy 2 get one free/at a discount. What about 10 game tickets for the beginning of the season only? What about incentives for existing ST holders to refer a friend?

The south stand baffle's me, I agree it is a premium stand compared to the others but what about incentivising going in there for those of us who favour it and are futunate to be able to afford it. It seems that if I want to bring my 3 year old I will have to sit on the kop or north. I know this sounds snobbish but I don't want to, my dad has ST on south and I have become used to picking my matches having a pint watching tele and sitting with him, my 3 yr old is still prob too young but i was looking forward to taking him in the grandatand with other kids. I await the matchday prices with interest as i would like to bring him but will not pay only for him to want to go home after 5 mins, we need to bring the kop and north upto a similiar standard before I consider it.

I am the kind of person LS wants to come back to the ST fold and I am sorry I saw nothing to make me buy a ST just yet, esp after another disappointing defeat today.

Guest tomarkley

For me personally, decisions to play 4-5-1 at home, constantly play lads out of position, poo signings, rubbish excuses and inconsistency is what will stop me getting a ST, not the price.

For now I'm quite happy just picking and choosing from home and away matches. As it happens, I've been to only two home matches this season, yet over half of the away trips.

I get infurated when we play our "engine" player on the right wing when he clearly doesn't belong on there and persist with this time after time again. Its like Laws is scared that Simek isn't good enough at RB so he protects him with Seany Mac.

James O'Connor is still getting a game, why? He is one of the worst players I've ever seen in that position for Wednesday. Ever.

If we sorted this out then I'd be tempted to come back, but last season I felt obliged to go and watch the dirge that was served up and ended up not going to 3 or 4 of the remaining 10 home fixtures. I much prefer away games. There's nothing worse than watching us line up not to conceed at home. I don't know what Laws is scared of, but he's scared of something.

I think the boos from the fans at half time while the s/t prices were being read out says it all for me.

This is a massive, massive own goal. It maybe wouldnt have pissed me off so much had Lee come on the Radio and told the truth about the prices. Instead he says they are "Competitive" and "Mouthwatering". - RUBBISH

The way I feel at the minute is that the club cant move forward and get rid of the debt without getting into the Premier League and once again its the fans who are having to pay for it.

I would have preffered either 1) - The club got a sponsorship deal for the shirts for a few hundred thousand and then use that money to sell renewed season tickets below £300. I can understand why they gave it to a charity but there's a recession / credit crunch happening now, money is tight so why not give something back to the fans.

2)- Sell all S/T renewals at below £300 and keep your shirt (which I will hapily buy at full price because it looks like its going to be a quality shirt this season) and keep your DVD.

Like a caller on Praise and Grumble said, "It this was the previous regime they would be burning effiges of them on the Kop"

Edited by Miffed

Guest Bellsview

Much of this post is brilliant, even if it's not pleasing reading.

The club needs help and never more so (perhaps apart from the 70's) than now.

The prices might not be in line with expectations, but for most they are reduced.

We simply cannot have everything - we can't have the level of debt we have, keep our best players and add quality to the squad unless someone somewhere is prepared to pay for it. In the last decade, none of the different Chairmen or Boards have found investment and in this climate I don't see anyone knocking the doors down to get involved - so that appears to be unrealistic as a solution.

If people don't want to pay, that is their choice but it only makes things worse.

If you reduce the prices then you get more fans but don't have more money to invest in the team so we stay in the ever decreasing circle.

As Scram said, whoever is in charge cannot win - unless it seems he has a bulging pocket with millions of pounds burning a hole in it. So if you don't like the prices, do something positive and find a rich benefactor instead of moaning.

I feel sick to the stomach about the mentality surrounding our club sometimes - I would sit on the roof to watch Wednesday if that was the only place I was able to see them - it seems others expect a champagne service, padded seats, blankets, hostess delivery, gourmet food, free shirt and a Champions League place on a cheap pricing structure when we are millions in debt. It just aint going to happen.

I feel for those genuinely unable to afford to go, but for most fans these prices are reduced - if it means a stand change to watch the lads then big deal - but we always find it in ourselves to look at the dark side.

I disagree with you daz.

I think what some supporters were wanting to see (existing season ticket holders) was a thank you for your continued support and loyalty, and to maybe experience some of the same discounts that part-time and stayaway supporters have themselves enjoyed this season. That's hardly asking for everything is it?

What they have got instead is a price hike in some cases, just for the "privilege" of remaining in the same seats that they have sat in for years.

How can you or LS justify that?

As for finding a rich benefactor, isn't that Lee Strafford's job? Isn't that the sole reason he got involved with the club (on a temporary basis initially)? Why the hell should supporters be expected to do his job for him, don't we do enough already?

I've said from day one that LS will be judged on 2 things.

The first was delivering on investment by the 31 March deadline - well we know what happened with that one don't we?

The second was to make season tickets more in line with our competitors and more affordable to supporters - and going on what I've read on here and other sites today the announcement has hardly been met with overjoy.

Season ticket holders will receive little if any reward for their loyalty, with some now expected to pay a premium just to stay in their same seats. It's not supporters fault we're millions in debt, we're the very people who have stuck by and kept this club going over the last decade, so for you to have a go at us I find quite insulting to be honest. LS is the man to blame - he's the one who has failed to attract investment, and because of that it's us supporters who are paying for it.

If DA or KW had introduced these measures the likes of you (and scram) would be singing from a very different hymn sheet - you know it and we know it.

I'd love to know who the hell is advising LS and who came up with some of the ideas announced today, because I think they are every bit as out of touch with what supporters want as the last regime was.

Hhhmmmmmm ......Well i think your long post seem to judge people...didnt it!

DOH

Difference being that the people i was judging i was doing so on a criteria - those that won't go because their discounts aren't big enough - that they feel robbed because some people got freebies this season.

People that think they are owed by this regime for the complete rumbleups made by the last regime

Guest Nutters

Anyone got the contact email for hillsborough.

I;m intreagued over this grandstand closing lark the turnstile bloke decided to tell me today.

Winds me up ppl saying the grandstand instead of family stand, i've not been eligible for the family stand for years, but sit in grandstand and I intend to sit there next year.

I agree Daz but I feel we have missed an opportunity to be a bit more innovative in our pricing structures.

The free season tickets are good but have we just reacted to what happened at S2? We could have been bolder, introduced more categories for age groups. What about family tickets? Buy 2 get one free/at a discount. What about 10 game tickets for the beginning of the season only? What about incentives for existing ST holders to refer a friend?

The south stand baffle's me, I agree it is a premium stand compared to the others but what about incentivising going in there for those of us who favour it and are futunate to be able to afford it. It seems that if I want to bring my 3 year old I will have to sit on the kop or north. I know this sounds snobbish but I don't want to, my dad has ST on south and I have become used to picking my matches having a pint watching tele and sitting with him, my 3 yr old is still prob too young but i was looking forward to taking him in the grandatand with other kids. I await the matchday prices with interest as i would like to bring him but will not pay only for him to want to go home after 5 mins, we need to bring the kop and north upto a similiar standard before I consider it.

I am the kind of person LS wants to come back to the ST fold and I am sorry I saw nothing to make me buy a ST just yet, esp after another disappointing defeat today.

Well said i will second that

Okay, here's my PERSONAL (not official WEDNESDAYITE) opinion: I am shocked!!

* The North Stand and The Kop are NOT suitable for U8's IMO - i had the misfortune of having to sit in the North Stand last season and witnessed (and reported) appalling racism. Added to the fact that the atmosphere on both stands is

definately NOT family (i expect bad language in all areas of the ground EXCEPT a family stand - you didn't have this problem in the Grandstand, it WILL be a problem on the Kop/North).

* The whole idea of moving people out of the South Stand due to its better facilities is shockingly elitist - 'if you want edible food, draught alcohol and the chance to see the scores on SSN in a non smoking environment (in our non smoking

stadium!) then come and pay for that 'premium' experience in our lovely South Stand. If you are prepared to put up with 2nd class facilities then come and sit in our vastly inferior Kop or North Stand. I assume by making this distinction that

the facilities on the North and Kop won't be changing to mirror those in the South as would seem to have been suggested at the Owlstalk meeting with LS and the Forward Together meeting?

* Quite how we can have a logo on the ST form saying "no smoking stadium" whilst capitulating to the (2nd class?) smokers on the North and Kop is beyond me. And don't believe the hype about not being able to provide smoking access on the

South Stand as it is enclosed - there is access directly to the main SS reception, from where the club happily allow corporate smokers out onto the south stand bridge to smoke at HT. SWFC's caving in on the whole smoking issue is pathetic.

* to the crux of the matter - pricing. Why do we have 17 days LESS to enjoy the lowest price bracket? Last season you had until June 16th, this season it is May 30th. Now to the actual prices. I am shocked no one has mentioned this so far -

PRICES ARE UP ON LAST SEASONS DISGRACEFUL PRICES!!!!!!! The following is a table showing the KOP/NORTH/SOUTH prices for an adult renewal at the 3 different date/price points:

before 30/5(16/06 last season)

kop - £326 last season £333 this season

North - £396 last season £405 this season

south - £457 last season £468 this season

(grandstand was £326 last season - £468 for same seat this season)

before 30/06

kop - £344 last £381 this

north - £419 last £463 this

south - £484 last £535 this

(Grandstand was £344 last season - £535 for same seat this season)

before 31/07 (04/08 last season)

kop - £383 last £392 this

North - £465 last £476 this

south - £538 last £551 this

(Grandstand was £383 last season - £551 for same seat this season)

So, for an adult IN ANY STAND, AT ANY PRICE POINT/DATE, THERE IS AN INCREASE IN PRICE OVER LAST SEASONS UNIVERSALLY CRITICISED PRICES.

Prices are also INCREASED IN ANY STAND, AT ANY PRICE POINT/DATE FOR ALL OAP'S(65-79) AND ALL U18'S.

In addition an U11 pays more in the South Stand this season than the Grandstand last season.

Apart from an U8 (not good enough imo - should have at least matched SUFC's U12 in ALL stands) or an over 80, YOU PAY MORE THAN LAST SEASONS PRICE AND LOOK WHAT WE SAID ABOUT THE PRICES LAST YEAR.

Forcing people to move is a very very bad idea. A free DVD (which many people have already paid for) is NOT an inducement.

IMO this is as bad, if not worse than anything Dave Allen and Kaven Walker might have come up with.

EDIT: apologies. the prices i was comparing to were for 07/08. Annoyingly i got them from the OS archive, but still, my bad and i apologise unreservedly.

Still, the decision regarding the Grandstand is truely appalling. My guess is that if we ask for a designated family area in the kop and north stand we'll be told it isn't possible due to existing ST holders in those areas.

I disagree with you daz.

I think what some supporters were wanting to see (existing season ticket holders) was a thank you for your continued support and loyalty, and to maybe experience some of the same discounts that part-time and stayaway supporters have themselves enjoyed this season. That's hardly asking for everything is it?

What they have got instead is a price hike in some cases, just for the "privilege" of remaining in the same seats that they have sat in for years.

How can you or LS justify that?

As for finding a rich benefactor, isn't that Lee Strafford's job? Isn't that the sole reason he got involved with the club (on a temporary basis initially)? Why the hell should supporters be expected to do his job for him, don't we do enough already?

I've said from day one that LS will be judged on 2 things.

The first was delivering on investment by the 31 March deadline - well we know what happened with that one don't we?

The second was to make season tickets more in line with our competitors and more affordable to supporters - and going on what I've read on here and other sites today the announcement has hardly been met with overjoy.

Season ticket holders will receive little if any reward for their loyalty, with some now expected to pay a premium just to stay in their same seats. It's not supporters fault we're millions in debt, we're the very people who have stuck by and kept this club going over the last decade, so for you to have a go at us I find quite insulting to be honest. LS is the man to blame - he's the one who has failed to attract investment, and because of that it's us supporters who are paying for it.

If DA or KW had introduced these measures the likes of you (and scram) would be singing from a very different hymn sheet - you know it and we know it.

I'd love to know who the hell is advising LS and who came up with some of the ideas announced today, because I think they are every bit as out of touch with what supporters want as the last regime was.

Spot on.

Edited by Miffed

This is the bit I don't get. The new regime have had more meetings than the G8 in recent months, and don't appear to have taken any notice. I thought 'Wednesdayite' were the voice of the fans. What is their take on the new pricing for season tickets, and have they had any input?

DOH

Difference being that the people i was judging i was doing so on a criteria - those that won't go because their discounts aren't big enough - that they feel robbed because some people got freebies this season.

People that think they are owed by this regime for the complete rumbleups made by the last regime

DOH!

What a pr*ck you are

it does not matter what criteria you was doing, you was judging :laugh: