These 10 are leaving today, you choose

If CC cannot convince FF that his best position is supporting the strikers rather than half heatedly trying to be one, then of course he will go, but if we could put Fernando on this magical coach that goes off with all the players that we don't want and comes back full of money, how many other players would disgruntled Owlstalkers put on there and how much money would we get back?

This just gives everybody a quick look at how many of our players are really wanted here and how much money we could possibly have to spend if we could get rid of them all. 

25 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

If CC cannot convince FF that his best position is supporting the strikers rather than half heatedly trying to be one, then of course he will go, but if we could put Fernando on this magical coach that goes off with all the players that we don't want and comes back full of money, how many other players would disgruntled Owlstalkers put on there and how much money would we get back?

This just gives everybody a quick look at how many of our players are really wanted here and how much money we could possibly have to spend if we could get rid of them all. 

I like the imagery of a coach full of  money turning into the car park! 

McGugan is obviously top of my list. 

Probably Abdi too. The lads got something,  I'm just not sure we'll ever see it.

Those two out. 

Jackson Irvine in.

Due to the recent thread comments I expected to see Abdi, Rhodes, Reach, Wallace, Palmer and of course Carlos as the driver or ticket collector.  Maybe a few perennial favourites like Nuhiu, Joao and Palmer too.

I would personally like to see McGugan go because he is not going to play for us again anyway, but also players whose development  has gone backwards like Palmer. 

If we could replace them all with younger, fitter alternatives I would also wave goodbye to Wallace, Loovens, Abdi and Hutchinson, but I don't think we could replace any of these four very easily without having a full summer at it and even then the money coming i for them would be far outweighed by what we would have to spend to replace them.

So it's just McGugan and Palmer for me and I would be surprised if we managed to get much more than £750K for the pair.

Due to the recent thread comments I expected to see Abdi, Rhodes, Reach, Wallace, Matias and Hunt at the front and of course Carlos as the driver or ticket collector.  Maybe a few perennial favourites like Nuhiu, Joao and Palmer on the back seat too.

I would personally like to see McGugan go because he is not going to play for us again anyway, but also players whose development  has gone backwards like Palmer. 

If we could replace them all with younger, fitter alternatives I would wave goodbye to Wallace, Loovens, Abdi and Hutchinson, but I don't think we could replace any of these four very easily without having a full summer at it and even then the money coming in for them would be far outweighed by what we would have to spend to replace them.

So it's just McGugan and Palmer for me and I would be surprised if we managed to get much more than £750K for the pair.

You don't get a rid of a player like Forestieri, you bring a manager in that can get the best out of him.

Nuhiu (free but save an estimated £500K a year in wages)

Joao (free but save an estimated £500K a year in wages)

McGugan (I was told he was on £17K per week and DC won't entertain any offers where his whole wage isn't paid - hence no takers. Pay £7K and save the £10K. Another £500K a year in wages saved)

Matias (free but save £600K? A year in wages).

Rhodes (I like him but he's not enough better than Winnall and Fletcher to justify - £7m? And reputed £62K per week - £3m per year wages.)

Fox (free but save an estimated £400K per year in wages).

Reach £2m and save an estimated £1m per year in wages.

That gives you £9m in fees and £6.5m per year off the wage bill (£130K per week).

Play 4-3-3 and tell FF he's left of the front three and that Abdi will be put in a role that suits him.

Hooper, Fletcher and Winnall fighting for one spot.

Bring in a quality right winger with pace, a left back, a centre half and possibly a centre midfielder. 7 out 4 in. Great squad.

Westwood

Wildsmith

Dawson

Hunt

Palmer

Lees

Loovens

Volcano

NEW

Pudil

NEW

Hutch

Jones

Bannan

Lee

Abdi

NEW

Wallace

NEW

Boyd

Forestieri

Winnall

Hooper

Fletcher

Hirst

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

The only player I have any great affection for is Kieran Lee. Other than him I don't mind if they go as long as we get as good or better in return.

Westwood and Lees would be very hard to replace.

AS will the forestieri of 2 years ago but we haven't had him for a while anyway.

16 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

You don't get a rid of a player like Forestieri, you bring a manager in that can get the best out of him.

Nuhiu (free but save an estimated £500K a year in wages)

Joao (free but save an estimated £500K a year in wages)

McGugan (I was told he was on £17K per week and DC won't entertain any offers where his whole wage isn't paid - hence no takers. Pay £7K and save the £10K. Another £500K a year in wages saved)

Matias (free but save £600K? A year in wages).

Rhodes (I like him but he's not enough better than Winnall and Fletcher to justify - £7m? And reputed £62K per week - £3m per year wages.)

Fox (free but save an estimated £400K per year in wages).

Reach £2m and save an estimated £1m per year in wages.

That gives you £9m in fees and £6.5m per year off the wage bill (£130K per week).

Play 4-3-3 and tell FF he's left of the front three and that Abdi will be put in a role that suits him.

Hooper, Fletcher and Winnall fighting for one spot.

Bring in a quality right winger with pace, a left back, a centre half and possibly a centre midfielder. 7 out 4 in. Great squad.

Westwood

Wildsmith

Dawson

Hunt

Palmer

Lees

Loovens

Volcano

NEW

Pudil

NEW

Hutch

Jones

Bannan

Lee

Abdi

NEW

Wallace

NEW

Boyd

Forestieri

Winnall

Hooper

Fletcher

Hirst

You're getting rid of Reach and Rhodes but keeping Abdi?

None has set the world alight. But Reachs versatility , age , potential ,and decent record of staying fit surely puts him in a safer position that Abdi. 30 years old. Hardly been fit and only completed 90 Minutes in the league under 10 times since 2014.

Without going into the rights and wrongs of the some of the players named, a lot of the fees seem very low / desperate (Joao on a free?).

I understand the logic in getting wages off the books to save money but we're doing DC's negotiating skills a disservice, this is the man who made a profit on Stevie May!

14 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

You're getting rid of Reach and Rhodes but keeping Abdi?

None has set the world alight. But Reachs versatility , age , potential ,and decent record of staying fit surely puts him in a safer position that Abdi. 30 years old. Hardly been fit and only completed 90 Minutes in the league under 10 times since 2014.

I am getting rid of Reach because I would play 4-3-3 and I don't see where Reach would play.

If I am playing one centre forward, I don't need Fletcher, Rhodes, Winnall and Hooper. Rhodes gets the highest price and saves the most in wages.

I couldn't sell Abdi if I wanted to whilst he is training one day and missing two - so didn't even consider it.

12 minutes ago, stowyowl said:

Without going into the rights and wrongs of the some of the players named, a lot of the fees seem very low / desperate (Joao on a free?).

I understand the logic in getting wages off the books to save money but we're doing DC's negotiating skills a disservice, this is the man who made a profit on Stevie May!

I think people are being prudent. You obviously wouldn't get rid of him on a free if you could get a fee. If you can't, get rid.

If it was only that easy! I've had staff I would love to get rid of but you can't just put them in the bin and cancel their contracts. 

We we all know some of the players need to be moved on. Why do we need yet another thread about who we feel the need to hound out othe club

4 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I am getting rid of Reach because I would play 4-3-3 and I don't see where Reach would play.

If I am playing one centre forward, I don't need Fletcher, Rhodes, Winnall and Hooper. Rhodes gets the highest price and saves the most in wages.

Long term I think Reach has the most potential as wing back in a 4-3-3.

4 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I couldn't sell Abdi if I wanted to whilst he is training one day and missing two - so didn't even consider it.

Can't really argue with that!

As most of our most consistent players were frees. I would keep Fessi and get him enjoying the game again and playing the way he was the first season with us.

I would get rid of Rhodes - recoup our transfer fee the same way Boro did with us and £40k off the wage bill, Big Dave a must as a striker that has not scored for nearly two years is call a defender, McGugan loan or fee and as much of his £20k a week off the overheads, Kean £3-5k off the wages, Adbi never going to fit in the team ,maybe a fee but £30-40k a week of the wages.

Add to that Wildsmith, Hirst and maybe a few more out on loan saving another £10- 15k a week of the wage bill.

Then bring in a loan left back, loan centre back and maybe a decent play maker midfielder.