These 10 are leaving today, you choose

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

As most of our most consistent players were frees. I would keep Fessi and get him enjoying the game again and playing the way he was the first season with us.

I would get rid of Rhodes - recoup our transfer fee the same way Boro did with us and £40k off the wage bill, Big Dave a must as a striker that has not scored for nearly two years is call a defender, McGugan loan or fee and as much of his £20k a week off the overheads, Kean £3-5k off the wages, Adbi never going to fit in the team ,maybe a fee but £30-40k a week of the wages.

Add to that Wildsmith, Hirst and maybe a few more out on loan saving another £10- 15k a week of the wage bill.

Then bring in a loan left back, loan centre back and maybe a decent play maker midfielder.

Would left back really be top of your shopping list?

3 hours ago, Holmes said:

Isn't every player up for sale?  Football today players are sadly just seen as commodities to be sold on the world's market.

With our squad, the majority of them put the effort in, whether they are any good is a different matter.

If, from what I have seen for the last few matches that is 'putting the effort in', heaven help us.

Who we move on depends very much on how we want to play.

We need to settle on a formation and a system. I liked the 442 diamond from the sunderland game, so i'll work on that basis.

Keepers are fine.

RB: Is ok. Hunt is capable and Palmer is an adequate deputy. Improve if we can but it's far from a priority.

LB: Reach was great in that game and Fox has looked capable. Pudil could be moved on, or kept as cover at fullback.

CB: Not really worth moving Loovens on right now due to his age, he can be back up no problem. Hopefully Venancio will prove a good aquisition but we need 1 more.. Mulgrew is the obvious cheap option which we shold have already secured imo. There's numerous others, Dean, Hanley, Ayala.

DM: Jones is the main starter here. Hutch can deputise, but we're probably better off getting someone who can stay fit. Shame Bridcutt's just moved. Mulgrew again is a capable deputy here, he played there plenty in europe for Celtic as well as in internationals. That or someone like Tshibola.. young, mobile, can improve.
CM: Bannan, Lee, Boyd all solid in here. McGugan is the obvious one to leave, but also Wallace. With a diamond, he doesn't really fit the system. We'd need 1 more, so Irvine is obvious, but maybe (since we have 3 very solid starting choices) a younger player with potential like Chris Cadden would be worth bringing in.

AM: Playing in the hole suits Hooper, Nando, Abdi and Matias. Hooper obviously stays.. and I'd probably keep Matias as well, he's looked good since he's been fit, tho the question is obviously whether he can stay fit. Abdi and Nando will fetch decent money, to fund purchases elsewhere on the pitch. Boyd or Lee can play here if needed too.

CF: Rhodes and Fletch as a starting pair. Fletch is good along side anyone and Rhodes really seems to need a partner to make him some space and link up with. Winnall and Joao are fine as back ups. Nuhiu to move on.

So outgoings: Pudil, Hutch, McGugan, Wallace, Abdi, Nando, Nuhiu.
Incomings: Dean, Mulgrew, Irvine, Cadden. Which should leave us a decent pile of money for January to make further improvements (RB?) or patch the squad where injury has left it thin.

If we went 4231 then it's a very different story of course. Nando and Wallace stay and we probably have to move on Rhodes and Winnall.

5 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

If CC cannot convince FF that his best position is supporting the strikers rather than half heatedly trying to be one, then of course he will go, but if we could put Fernando on this magical coach that goes off with all the players that we don't want and comes back full of money, how many other players would disgruntled Owlstalkers put on there and how much money would we get back?

This just gives everybody a quick look at how many of our players are really wanted here and how much money we could possibly have to spend if we could get rid of them all. 

McGugan 

Dave 

Joao

Matais

Carlos

McGugan

Dave

Forestieri

Hutch (not because he is a bad player but is always injured and his wages would be better used elsewhere)

Joao

Palmer

Wallace

Abdi ( I rate him but he is currently wasting a wage and I think we've been sold a pup tbh).

Out on loan

Hirst

Wildsmith

Dawson

all with recall options.

In

Dean/Hanley

Irvine

Snodgrass/Jota

Edited by Blue and white

I don't know. When you pot a ball, you have to think where the cue ball is going to go. When you sell weapons abroad, you either sell to an ally or a country you think you can beat. The snag with selling FF or Rhodes, for example, is that the only clubs who can afford them are our rivals, and they'd both be on fire for their new clubs. Doubtless they'd play a key role in defeating us in the play-offs, followed by bitter recriminations by the fans.

HirstWhoScoredIt's right. You don't sell players like those two, you sack the manager and bring one in who can make them play.