SAG and SYP own goal?

our hugely out of date and increasingly joke of a stadium is a totally different topic to the idiocy of 'sag'

The ground is perfectly safe and could easily accommodate a full house. the reason it isn't is due to the pathetic nanny state we now live in, nothing more.

The reason we should relocate is for the fact the ground makes no money and most cost a fortune to operate compared to others.

My companies head office is near pride park. Every day there is a hive of activity including customers visiting  the various retail outlets that trade from the stadium

(starbucks & Greggs to name two ) . Derby must charge a packet for them to rent this space, and must make shedloads in non match day revenue.

This is nothing to do with on the field performances, but to survive long term , a move it vital. As he's far from daft (commercial / ticket prices aside) im sure chansiri is already

acutely aware.

oh yeah and the safety Advisory group & SYP are useless too !

SYP have criminally underestimated the ex pat support that Rangers have in England, particularly in the old mining areas, many of which have an S, NG & DE postcode. This meant that as of last Friday tickets went on general sale with no restriction on the amount that could be purchased, the demand for these tickets is now much higher because of the ridiculous restrictions imposed on the Rangers fans.

Through total mismanagement SYP have actively encouraged many, many ex pat Gers to go down this route.

Hopefully the feel good factor of our last meeting will roll through to this fixture but that will be in spite of SYP not because of it.

The term SYP football intelligence seems to be a contradiction in terms ! 

5 minutes ago, james o connor said:

our hugely out of date and increasingly joke of a stadium is a totally different topic to the idiocy of 'sag'

The ground is perfectly safe and could easily accommodate a full house. the reason it isn't is due to the pathetic nanny state we now live in, nothing more.

The reason we should relocate is for the fact the ground makes no money and most cost a fortune to operate compared to others.

My companies head office is near pride park. Every day there is a hive of activity including customers visiting  the various retail outlets that trade from the stadium

(starbucks & Greggs to name two ) . Derby must charge a packet for them to rent this space, and must make shedloads in non match day revenue.

This is nothing to do with on the field performances, but to survive long term , a move it vital. As he's far from daft (commercial / ticket prices aside) im sure chansiri is already

acutely aware.

oh yeah and the safety Advisory group & SYP are useless too !

BULLSEYE.........Buy this man a pint

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST

10 minutes ago, modboy said:

went behind the LL end the other day, to say its cramped is an understatement, both upstairs and downstairs

You ever been to Loftus road qpr? Far worse. Yes instead if blowing 10 million on players I'd have spent it on new stand 

Surely there is more chance of trouble (frustration,  drinking etc) with having maybe 3000 fans travelling down, outside the ground without tickets. Rather than having the 9k in the ground.

Now they will surely have to have a plan B to minimise the risk, probably open the west stand?

2 minutes ago, steveger said:

A sensible police force would do this, but then again a sensible fit for purpose police force wouldn't be putting people in this position either..

True. It's just a backward way of doing things though. Now, if they dont open an area on the day they have to police the same amount  (9k?) fans but in 2 seperate areas.

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

The very last thing SYP need to do is create an overcrowding/crushing situation at that end of the ground.

Why would there be a crush at the Leepings Lane end.

All the club need to do is open the West Stand turnstiles in addition to the ones normally used for the north.Then create a temporary entry to the North Stand behind the West. 7000 people in a stand the regularly and safely holds 9000+ seems unnecessarilly cautious.

Guest Ash76
1 hour ago, alanharper said:

The very last thing SYP need to do is create an overcrowding/crushing situation at that end of the ground.

Agree but how would this be any different to a high profile league game with similar numbers at that end?

1 hour ago, Internationowl said:

Yes. Hillsborough is a very dated stadium. I love it on days like Brighton, Arsenal etc. when it's near to capacity, but jeez.. Leppings Lane is a joke. My point is that the stadium is 20-30 years out of date and sometimes has to be treated as such by people whose job it is to ensure safety. 

You obviously haven't visited many league grounds in this country have you?

One question I ask is why does it bother people so much. We have a thread a week spouting off at SAG. I don't even what SAG is or what it stands for. I never get it whilst the season is going and people moan about it. But cricky, whinging at them for a pre season friendly...

Get a grip of reality because its really not worth getting irate about... 

1 hour ago, dumboldowl said:

You obviously haven't visited many league grounds in this country have you?

No, none. I just sit in my spaceship judging stadia via holographic images. I assumed they would all be super futuristic and flawless by now. Thanks for trying to patronise me to show me the light, I feel much better for it. So there are more out there that are out dated you say? That makes Hillsborough totally acceptable then, I retract my criticism. Cheers.

3 hours ago, mike84 said:

there job is to make sure that trouble at football stadia in South Yorkshire kept to a minimum.

calling people sad little jobsworths and encouraging others to harass them on their personal social media pages is not on in my opinion.

unfortunatly we play in a stadium that has a terrible history attached to it.  can you imagine the fall out if anything happened or went wrong again, even something relatively minor.

nothing will change until the West stand, which isn't fit for purpose is replaced and significant money is spent on the north concourse to prevent overcrowding issues that have been identified before.

It's not SAGs fault that hillsborough hasnt seen any investment in the facilities since 1995/6.  the stadium is the issue,  not the people who's job it is to make sure it's safe for fans to attend.

Nobody mentioned harassment, only you. Lobbying is different. Messaging them on social media is different. There are polite & peaceful ways & means. Ultimately, they are a government or police body. They are answerable to someone.

2 other points.

What has changed for the worse, about the stadium, since the Wycombe game? It is SAG's fault when the risk now is no greater than it was then.

How does that away end at QPR get a safety certificate? It is an accident waiting to happen, in a stand far worse than the Lepp.

46 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Basically SYP and SAG sh*t their pants at the thought of another crowd issue at Hillsborough, so they go completely over the top to stop anything happening

But this time they have created a scenario where they have to police 7k legitimately inside the ground, untold numbers in amongst the home fans and quite possibly a couple of thousand all day drinking around Hillsborough whilst thousands of perfectly good seats are unused in their designated area of the ground ?????