Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Friendly announced Sunday 30 July

An unusual appearence from the Pope as well.

That's a nice pre season friendly. What's not to like? Unless you are a completemoaningcunt who would have complained if we were playing Real Madrid because the tickets weren't a pound each. Despair of some of our "fans" at times. 

Last time we played them they sold out Leps in the middle of the week for a damn pre-season friendly. They made loads of noise and were no agro at all.

What else would we really need than a big crowd and lots of fun if this is our big fixture? It works for me anyway, thats all I'm saying

10 minutes ago, Mr Mercury said:

I cannot believe some of the comments I've read on this subject. Rangers are one of the World's biggest football clubs with support & Worldwide appeal, we could only dream about. Ok, they are doing poorly at present but come on ! Some of our fans are so deluded & up there own ar5es with our "massiveness" its unreal.****** Like has been mentioned already , its stated that this game is "part of the 150 year celebrations"*******, bring it on.

no it doesn't say this 

25 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Rangers are the most successful club in Europe (FACT) and out of any club we could have expected/realistically attracted they will bring the most fans and if you have the capacity to work it out....this means they will bring the most amount of revenue to the club as well!! 

Brilliant by DC really!!

Anyone can win the Scottish league. 

18 minutes ago, Mr Mercury said:

I cannot believe some of the comments I've read on this subject. Rangers are one of the World's biggest football clubs with support & Worldwide appeal, we could only dream about. Ok, they are doing poorly at present but come on ! Some of our fans are so deluded & up there own ar5es with our "massiveness" its unreal. Like has been mentioned already , its stated that this game is "part of the 150 year celebrations", bring it on.

One of the biggest clubs in the world my arse. 

17 minutes ago, brian joicey said:

no it doesn't say this 

Think you're right about the part about the celebrations... I've read a few different press articles today about this game being announced & swfc in general, kind of got some mixed up with each other. It is however a Prestigious friendly IMO.  

1 hour ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Rangers are the most successful club in Europe (FACT) and out of any club we could have expected/realistically attracted they will bring the most fans and if you have the capacity to work it out....this means they will bring the most amount of revenue to the club as well!! 

Brilliant by DC really!!

Might be wrong, but I believe Linfield of Belfast are Britain's most successful club in terms of league titles at least.   

Would have preferred Celtic or Aberdeen from a footballing view.  

Rangers was one of the best atmospheres  I've witnessed at Hillsborough over recent years. 

especially considering there was only 16,000 there. 

Fans were great and I think they are also looking forward to coming back for a great day out. 

Good call I say, most that went to the last one have said we should play again and now we are. 

Happy days.