I've read lots of comments on here about how good he is.

When I've watched him, he's been average and a complete cat in the tackle. Didn't go anywhere near anything that was a 50\50.

I'm perfectly happy without him - must my opinion.

9 minutes ago, the_mutha said:

When I've watched him, he's been average and a complete cat in the tackle. Didn't go anywhere near anything that was a 50\50.

Does that mean you want rid of Westwood because he doesn't score many?....why doesn't it matter if a winger doesn't tackle if he sets up chances galore at the other end....and if you think he's average when you've seen him you obviously didn't go to Brentford when we played them a couple of years ago and he tore us a new one

Just now, Ian said:

Does that mean you want rid of Westwood because he doesn't score many?....why doesn't it matter if a winger doesn't tackle if he sets up chances galore at the other end....and if you think he's average when you've seen him you obviously didn't go to Brentford when we played them a couple of years ago and he tore us a new one

You're correct, I didn't go to Brentford but I saw him play against us at Hillsborough and seen highlights on TV.

I take your point about tackling not being a primary role for a winger but if we want to be a pressing team (and I think we need to be to go for automatics), he needs to be able to be physical and not be carried by the rest of the team, particularly when we don't have very strong full backs.

Forestieri has had dogs abuse from some "supporters" on here when not chasing back and getting stuck in. I think Jota's likely to be worse at that facet that FF. I just have a hunch how it would go if Jota came here.

Just because Jota creates lots of goals at Brentford (possibly - I haven't really noticed) doesn't mean he'll do it here. Look at the situation with Rhodes.

6 minutes ago, BIG D said:

That lad Waddle, I seem to remember he was also sh it in the tackle. 

Had great full backs supporting though...

And are you saying Jota's another Waddle?

Edited by the_mutha

Definitely for me, great player and we really need more on the right wing, cash in on Rhodes and sign him, great bit of business, the two of them came in January and he out scored Rhodes and had more assists so where can we go wrong 

6 hours ago, the_mutha said:

Yeah because Bannan really gets stuck in doesn't he?

He'll probably get gobbled up by one of the parachute teams, as did most of the decent players last season.

Although thinking aloud, there may be a few at Newcastle who could get pushed out by expensive flops.