The Championship table

That table illustrates what I've been saying for a while - we won't get a better opportunity to get to the PL! 2 of the 4 teams in the Play off places (Reading and Huddersfield) have GD's of 1 and 2 respectively. Ridiculous. I mean, ours is nowt to write home about but still way better than theirs. We MUST take advantage this season.

Edited by Almat

11 minutes ago, Almat said:

That table illustrates what I've been saying for a while - we won't get a better opportunity to get to the PL! 2 of the 4 teams in the Play off places (Reading and Huddersfield) have GD's of 1 and 2 respectively. Ridiculous. I mean, ours is nowt to write home about but still way better than theirs. We MUST take advantage this season.

To be fair we said that last season, and at the start of this season on paper this was supposed to be the hardest championship in a long long time. We've not been great all season and we're still there. I think we might just do it this season, and have one of them weird seasons where you dont feel like theyve played well but achieved a lot. 

I recon me chansiri and carvahal need to give mr McCarthy a ring tell them if he lets us win Saturday we will let Fulham win last match therefore leaving Leeds to rot another season in champ sack manager and crumble some more. No one likes Leeds McCarthy should be up for that :D haha.  

Serious note as as it stands will be how it stays I think. Happy with 4th away first leg home advantage second leg. 

Objectively I reckon Leeds are more likely to win on Saturday than we are.  Overall I think that although fourth is great we still stand a fair chance of being squeezed out. The 1/20 or less you see around the place seems unrealistic to me.  We should be more like 1/5 or 1/6 to hit play offs.

I don't really understand the comments suggesting we haven't done particularly well this season. It's a deeply competitive league. You can't easily spend your way to the top two (which is just as well for us).  Some expectations seem to have parted company with reality.

19 minutes ago, Ian_D said:

So the 2 points per game average got Newcastle automatic promotion.  I seem to remember this average points target was known by someone on here around the start of the season.

"Teams at the top average two points per game; teams at the bottom average one point per game*"

(* Except Rotherham in all instances)

1 hour ago, Woodhouse_owl said:

To be fair we said that last season, and at the start of this season on paper this was supposed to be the hardest championship in a long long time. We've not been great all season and we're still there. I think we might just do it this season, and have one of them weird seasons where you dont feel like theyve played well but achieved a lot. 

Said from start of season myself though that people are expecting too much of villa and Norwich the only team I did think would do something was Newcastle and Brighton and ironically they top 2. I believed we would be amongst it and rubbished suggestions otherwise but like you say we've played poor at times but achieved a lot so still stand by my gut owls will get up his season.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Sheffield Wednesday League Position.png

Ok so sitting pretty in fourth (and poor Leeds dropping out to 7th!)

Looking at the table now what would you predict will happen in terms of which teams will move up, which will drop out, who will stumble and what will the final positions be?

Somebody is getting a Chansiri lawsuit!

Wrong badge