Carlos

This isn't a Carlos out thread

I like Carlos as a person but this ain't a personality game ,its a results game.

I think he is doing a good job but only good ,not great.

He is stubborn no two ways about it.

If you don't think bannan is performing in centre mid ,bench him.like youve benched our best player fernando several times .bannan ain't a winger and never will be.

bannan must be the only player who ain't been dropped for being crapp.

we have a premier league winger sat on the bench ,who makes 5-10 minutes appearances,who contributed more than bannan and Wallace did in their time on the pitch.

I think Carlos is just good enough to get us promoted but no way good enough to keep us up in the premier league.

There's a reason he's been sacked 16 times and its showed why massively this season.

9 minutes ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

I like Carlos as a person but this ain't a personality game ,its a results game.

If you don't think bannan is performing in centre mid ,bench him.like youve benched our best player fernando several times .bannan ain't a winger and never will be.

we have a premier league winger sat on the bench ,who makes 5-10 minutes appearances,who contributed more than bannan and Wallace did in their time on the pitch.

I think Carlos is just good enough to get us promoted but no way good enough to keep us up in the premier league.

There's a reason he's been sacked 16 times and its showed why massively this season.

Bannan is the best central midfield player in this division and just about the worst winger. Carlos will hopefully learn from this otherwise this Chairman won't mess around.

31 minutes ago, Greenhgate Owl said:

Looks like one to me :columbo:

Some are just waiting for things to fail so they can jump straight in with pitchforks. Gi it a rest ffs

Edited by Big Ron's Sovereign

9 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Looks like one to me :columbo:

Some are just waiting for things to fail so they can jump straight in with pitchforks. Gi it a rest ffs

if I wanted things to fail I wouldn't travel 400 miles every week to support the team.

believe it or not the sun doesn't shine out of Carlos's backside

When Chansiri arrived he set about addressing the fans' grievances, namely the pitch, the scoreboard and the style of play. Carlos was brought in to entertain, because his natural game is about attack. He says he'd rather win 10-9 than 1-0, and we saw that brand of football last season. The snag is that playing that way doesn't necessarily get a team promoted so now he's trying to play a brand of football which is not his forte. It's a bit like Arsene Wenger trying to play like George Graham. In a way, Carlos' arrival is down to us because of fans' complaints about Gray. Ironically, he'd have been far better suited to the current style of play, and did much better than Carlos relative to the players at his disposal. When we sold Antonio we'd got relegation written all over us, yet he managed to get us into mid-table against all the odds.

3 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

When Chansiri arrived he set about addressing the fans' grievances, namely the pitch, the scoreboard and the style of play. Carlos was brought in to entertain, because his natural game is about attack. He says he'd rather win 10-9 than 1-0, and we saw that brand of football last season. The snag is that playing that way doesn't necessarily get a team promoted so now he's trying to play a brand of football which is not his forte. It's a bit like Arsene Wenger trying to play like George Graham. In a way, Carlos' arrival is down to us because of fans' complaints about Gray. Ironically, he'd have been far better suited to the current style of play, and did much better than Carlos relative to the players at his disposal. When we sold Antonio we'd got relegation written all over us, yet he managed to get us into mid-table against all the odds.

I think Carlos says he wants attacking football, but he doesn't really. In around 25 of our 33 he has set us up not to lose, often at home.

The stats don't lie. Over his 79 league games we don't score enough goals to be classed as anywhere near an attacking side.

Its up to Carlos he has the players at his disposal. Last night in first half Brentford were poor but better than us. This was a game that we should have won comfortably. Its been coming for weeks. Its not the players its the tactics but I don't want Carlos out, I want him to get it right. We are still comfortably in the play offs so just a few tweaks needed and hopefully a few lessons learnt.

5 hours ago, Yadsendew said:

Bannan is the best central midfield player in this division and just about the worst winger. Carlos will hopefully learn from this otherwise this Chairman won't mess around.

Well he hasn't so far so don't hold your breath. It can only be stubbornness as it hasn't worked properly all season so far.

I expect us to continue like this to the end of the season, selection and team wise. 

We'll have to hope it's enough 

..but its CC'a biggest blind spot and could cost both us and him in the end. 

If we don't go up this season he'll be booted out.

His brief was PL in two seasons. It was right he was given this time to achieve it and it will be right for him to make way if we dont. What fans think is largely irrelevant.

No promotion and he's gone. Simple as that.

Karma played a blinder last night luck wise though. 

Edited by pussface

6 hours ago, Liamswfc92 said:

You say Bannan isn't a wide player (and he's not) but he's played on the wing long enough to be judged and it hasn't been good enough.

Yes so why does CC do it, to accommodate Abdi? not neccessary, just rest BB and play Macca wide especially at home.

CC is a good coach but not the genius some will have you believe.

Did well last season, moulding a team quickly, winning and entertaining football.

No one can say he has not been backed with players this season, only teams in Premiership last season will have a bigger wage bill.

Jury is still out for me on him as a coach for this season, play offs will dull football with the resources he has available (and price of tickets) is the very minimum requirement.

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 02:05, Yadsendew said:

op Bannan is the best central midfield player in this division and just about the worst winger. Carlos will hopefully learn from this otherwise this Chairman won't mess around.

lol biggest load of rubbish I've read

not even best cm in our team ,so that's utter tripe