Fernando Forestieri and Sheffield Wednesday

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Fernando-Forestieri-628379.jpg

Does anyone think that the lack of form from Forestieri might be because he was persuaded to wait until the January transfer window before leaving, and he's just biding out his time until then?

Everything points to that being the case for me

He should be busting a gut if thats the case to gain more interest and better money.

His lack of form will put off many suitors, lets not forget the Derby connection was with a previous manager as in Pearson. Newcastle don't need him.

Personally i think his lack of form is down to the scrutiny he gets after whats happened, he looks scared to make a mistake. 

If you want a conspiracy theory...

Carlos and DC were split over whether to keep him after Norwich. Either Carlos persuaded a reluctant DC he could get FF back to rights, or DC overruled Carlos's wish to get rid.

Absolutely not ITK. But I think its quite possible.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

It would be impossible to explain him not getting picked though

You'd say it as it is surely? Fernando has decided to leave the club for whoever in January the deal is already completed and in the mean time he won't be playing.

Too many conspiracies about. The reason he isn't playing well is down to the media biggin up his importance when he refused to play, he thinks the team relies on him

IF that's part of his master plan, then I very much doubt a club would be willing to offer him X-amount that they were in the summer. 

Sure I will get slated for this but...

Perhaps last season was the exception, rather than the rule? 

His career appearances/statistics (outside of 2015/2016) point to a player, who has a stack of talent, but is prone to inconsistency and been in and out of sides. 

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

IF that's part of his master plan, then I very much doubt a club would be willing to offer him X-amount that they were in the summer. 

Sure I will get slated for this but...

Perhaps last season was the exception, rather than the rule? 

His career appearances/statistics (outside of 2015/2016) point to a player, who has a stack of talent, but is prone to inconsistency and been in and out of sides. 

Who can slate you? Facts are facts.

The stats clearly show last season was far and away his best, in terms of goals and  consistency.

What we dont know is whether last season was the start of a golden stage in his career, or, as you suggest, the exceptional year of his career.

Time for the footballing mercenary to get the foook out of our club.

There is no room for players like him in our team. 

Sooner he's gone the better for me, all his words last season about wanting to be with us for his career aren't worth the paper they are written on. 

The divide he's caused between fellow fans instantly ruined what a great season we had last year. All down to him not being on the same pay packet as Fletcher. 

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Who can slate you? Facts are facts.

The stats clearly show last season was far and away his best, in terms of goals and  consistency.

What we dont know is whether last season was the start of a golden stage in his career, or, as you suggest, the exceptional year of his career.

He's looked a shadow of his former self so far. He either thinks he's better than he his and has had his head turned or as you say, last season was just a bit of a freak season for him. 

14 minutes ago, S_W_F_C said:

Totally agree with the OP. It was all to late to get a replacement in when he threw his strop in August.

Ive always believed a deal was struck that he could have his move but not before we have our replacement lined up.

Off course that is subject to somebody actually wanting him in Jan, and stumping up the cash

I reckon a deal has been done behind the scenes already (at the time FF was on his bike)

Owlstalk Shop

You can't take anything away from how good he was last season or the talent/ability he possesses...but we are not talking about a kid here (petulance aside). 

He's 26/27 years of age and has been playing in this country for a number of years now. 

I think a big part of why he did so well last season is because CC made him the man and largely built the side around his talents (plus a few others). 

Fernando pretty much threw that back in CC's face in August and things haven't really been the same since. 

I hope it is down to a loss of form/confidence or whatever and he can turn it around, but the whole Fernando thing has really ended up becoming an unwanted sideshow. 

No player is bigger than the club.