Fernando Forestieri and Sheffield Wednesday

7 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

We'll find out in a couple of months. Question is...how many points will we continue to drop as a result of his indifferent form between now and then? I've no problem with him leaving (if it comes to that), but he must buck up until then. 

But why would we drop points as a result of his poor form? If he doesn't buck up he won't get picked. 

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

But why would we drop points as a result of his poor form? If he doesn't buck up he won't get picked. 

C'mon now, fair to say he'll play most games as he has been. He's the only game-changer we have right now. In that sense, he has us by the balls. 

11 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

C'mon now, fair to say he'll play most games as he has been. He's the only game-changer we have right now. In that sense, he has us by the balls. 

But he's only a game changer if playing well. 

No no player has us by the balls. 

Guest wilyfox
10 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

But he's only a game changer if playing well. 

No no player has us by the balls. 

That's rather naive. He's our star player - and he knows it! Sometimes I wish it weren't the case, and that we had another Forestieri so we could dump him on his arse. But, we don't. Reality is, Carlos will continue to use him in hope he'll turn a game for us.  

Guest Copthorneowl
1 hour ago, Ian said:

Or alternatively he might not be playing rubbish....alternatively every time before Ipswich that he's been on the bench we've had to bring him on to turn the game round (and he's delivered).....just once during a 20 minute stint last Saturday he doesn't manage to turn it round and the entire season is all his fault.

Forestieri is our best player....live with it

1 hour ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

This.

He hasn't been poor. Just not as good as last season. 

Hooper was far worse for the first couple of months and Fletcher's performance on Saturday was worse than FF's.

Well said lads.

Can somebody explain the logic in Carlos continuing to pick a player either on the bench or in the first 11 who according to (too many on here to list) has already agreed a deal to move in January. Carlos is struggling to get good players in the team already would he leave Abdi, Bickley, Hoper, Reach and others out of the team or squad for a player whose future had been determined was elsewhere it's a ridiculous theory to daft to mention imo.

Carlos has show already he's not bothered about fitting somebody in and playing them out of position. If he binned FF it would be much easier for him to integrate players into the team. Continuing to pick the little man makes his job hard anyway given current form - if he was on his way I don't think he'd see the bench let alone the team.

The above doesn't mean he won't be sold but I'd say at the moment there is no way it's a done deal for him to be off and I live in hope he will come back to us fully motivated because as others have said he's our best player.

3 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

"I never felt more like swinging the lead, cos I can't be arsed, with a move in my head, oh Wednesday, you got me swinging the lead"

:columbo:

My plus was for imagination rather than sentiment.

9 minutes ago, Teat-Owl said:

FF's wife was sat in a box behind me at the QPR game. She was showing some of the other players wags a baby replica kit with Daddy and 45 on the back.

Be a weird thing to buy if he's just waiting till January to leave?

Please say it wasn't a Derby kit :duntmatter:

11 minutes ago, Teat-Owl said:

FF's wife was sat in a box behind me at the QPR game. She was showing some of the other players wags a baby replica kit with Daddy and 45 on the back.

Be a weird thing to buy if he's just waiting till January to leave?

Your second post Teat Owl. Welcome.

Interesting name.

Ahhhhh.....penny has just dropped. I was trying to think of some hilarious pun for a teat, like don't milk it or don't make a complete *** of yourself, but actually you are tea towel aren't you?

Very clever!

Edited by Holmowl

34 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

Cant see why alot of people keep going on about fessi he been off form but still been better than bannan lees and most of the team ffs 

Exactly, probably only Hutchinson and Lee have done themselves justice this season