Worst Player fans wanted us to Sign?

Guest domSWFC

1 minute ago, dnhc said:

did some actually want to sign bothroyd?, idf so they wanted 'sectioning'...

There was a megathread on Owlstalk in which the general consensus was a brilliant loan signing. It wasn't until he actually started playing that people realised otherwise.

10 hours ago, TheEnd1976 said:

I like the player came on as a sub and always gived the team  Energy and when he came on as sub are used to win a lot of games and he scored a few  he became actually better near the end of his career at Sheffield Wednesday 

IF he was as good with his feet as he was with his arms he'd have easily been good enough...

i remember at the time getting a 'shellacking' on here for saying 'he'd gone'...

only for 'the clappers' to see it six months later...

2 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

There was a megathread on Owlstalk in which the general consensus was a brilliant loan signing. It wasn't until he actually started playing that people realised otherwise.

tbh, we wouldn't, or shouldn't have a clue as to bothroyd's ability, as it appeared to me he never actually even tried to get into the game, ANY game... WTF:

There's been so many over the years, so many false dawns, and I hope come the end of the season we aren't saying FF , Jaou, Abdi.

i remember being excited about so many players coming in that it's not unrealistic that this lot aren't just another false dawn.

im optimistic that it isn't though....... Again

There was a huge thread just before we signed May and we all thought he'd be an absolute beast because he was Scottish, bearded, tattooed and scored a load of goals up there. 

It was rather a let down when he turned out to be a lightweight who ran as if he was playing in slippers. It was even more of a let down seeing as we'd effectively sold Michail Antonio (yes I know he'd have gone anyway) for a pittance to fund his signing.

When he actually got selected for Scotland and played against England lol

I haven't looked on owlstalk for too long but without a doubt it would be stevie May, the excitement from a highlights video of few shinned goals and penalties for Alloa and st Johnstone but the reality hit home after 4/5 games that he was nowhere near the standard of player we thought we had!